Troodon ruining the game

MisterTomas

Just got knocked out by a troodon I'm wearing flak armour so it is doing very little damage, I've been waiting 10 minutes for my torpidity to go down and the troodon won't let it and I am not even at half health. Maybe I'm just bad at this game but I think this is b.s. There are tons of things I think the developers should fix and shame on them for ever selling this game for $80. I love the game though and I'm not gonna stop playing. Just such a shame stuff like this can ruin the experience.

Punishment for letting yourself go down... but yeah that's a bad situation to be in. Would be kind of nice if Troodons got a damage multiplier for targets they knocked out, or if they'd just go for the kill instead of running around in circles biting only occasionally. Same amount of danger, way less annoyance.

Really though, this is why you always keep stims of some kind on the hot bar. Even if they surprise you they're super easy by the time you have flak so long as you don't go down. Spam stims, pike/sword like a mad man for the win.

Troodons, Micro raptors, Thylas, those are the animals that remind us survivors that no matter how much ascendant level gear we have on us, we are still potential dino food. I love the fact that no matter how good I get, there is still stuff out there that will mess my day up if I get complacent. These critters do not ruin the game, they help make it great.

My start on Ark was in an area where troodons spawned regularly. There are times I was stuck in my little 9x9 wooden shack due to a troodon hanging around. I didnt quit or whine, I learned to deal with them. Ark is tough, and I like it that way.

I have fortitude points, never knock out.

I have 5-10 stimulants or stimberries on my 0 slot at all times.

I never get KO’d by a troodon... (anymore)

I am aware that 99% of the people who play this game get over $100 worth of time enjoyed playing.

You could try any of these things for a more positive gaming experience. :)

Troodons have knocked us all out once, then we learn.

13 hours ago, MisterTomas said:

Just got knocked out by a troodon I'm wearing flak armour so it is doing very little damage, I've been waiting 10 minutes for my torpidity to go down and the troodon won't let it and I am not even at half health. Maybe I'm just bad at this game but I think this is b.s. There are tons of things I think the developers should fix and shame on them for ever selling this game for $80. I love the game though and I'm not gonna stop playing. Just such a shame stuff like this can ruin the experience.

Lol I had one the other day , it bit me when I wasn't looking , the timer came up but I'm fast so I ran , ran down the beach as far as I could get in 6 seconds and passed out. It wasn't far enough , the troodon caught up to me but didn't hit me , it just circled and circled till I woke up, then the second I woke up it hit me again , 6 seconds timer so I ran again , exact same thing happened , ko'd me and just circled till I woke up , just as I got up it hit me again , rinse and repeat, it carried on this game with me for about half an hour , my tribe was in party chat laughing their heads off. 

Archived