Best Place to farm hide

Toqs

13 minutes ago, edandbunny said:

For farming hide on Rag I go for the drops. Rag drops tend to give out lots of high level saddles which churn out tons of hide along with other good stuff when tossed into the industrial grinder.

I’m pretty sure that each saddle only gives a max of 100 of each resource per saddle.... I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure that’s a thing on official atm

10 minutes ago, Drinkinthepink said:

I’m pretty sure that each saddle only gives a max of 100 of each resource per saddle.... I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure that’s a thing on official atm

I ground up enough stuff on official to know that things will give more than 100 of each item. What you are thinking of may be a limit on stacks of each item. 100 sounds about right though on stacks as it seems that any high level saddle I have ground up caps at 20k hide, which is equal to 100 stacks.

It will give you a ton of pelt as well but the snow above canyon on both side has tons of dino's. Particularly where the Ice wyvern's reside. I see 20-30 mammoths in one small area not to mention rhino's, wolves, deer, and a few other dino's. The other place which also will give you a fair amount of pelt as well as hide is the beaver dams below the ice cave snow. There's just so many of them as well as additional dino's. For mass hide I think quantity (number of dino's) over quality (bronto's, diplo's etc.) works best. 

if its not built on the area around the ruin castle east of viking bay

i start by the metal spawn tunnel just NW of the castle, from there go through the swamp moat around the castle then head S till you get to the bony bit 

from there you can either turn round and head back N to where you started or go NE-ish and hit the beaver dams in the valley below the snow mountain with the iceworm cave

at the end of that valley head N till you get to the waterfall with cave behind it then follow that river back to the castle hitting more beavers at the two pools just before you get to the plateau around the castle

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎25 at 1:00 AM, edandbunny said:

I ground up enough stuff on official to know that things will give more than 100 of each item. What you are thinking of may be a limit on stacks of each item. 100 sounds about right though on stacks as it seems that any high level saddle I have ground up caps at 20k hide, which is equal to 100 stacks.

You are wrong, I was correct, when you grind a saddle on officials, it gives you a max of 100 resources. 100hide, 100paste,100 ingots, whatever it takes to make, it gives you 100... if you are suggesting you get 20k hide from grinding a saddle, you are not playing official.

Archived