Hatching arges in the highlands

20GT

i have a 3x6 metal base with one AC. 

At first it was too cold. so i put it by a campfire but it was still too cold so i moved it to an area that had 6 standing torches... too hot 
I shut them off one by one and when i had one left it was 13 degrees and it started incubating.

3 hours to go

I went to get more wood for about half an hour and came back the ther egg had damaged out.

whats up how does the ACs work. how many do I need to keep a constant temp? 
how close does the egg have to be to them?

Can I put them on a ceiling tile one tile off the floor or on catwalks to save space? 

I am based in the Highlands but haven't hatched Argents. Though I have hatched some Wyvern eggs & it took 13 AC's to get them to incubate, had 11 at 1st but it was too cold so I slowly added AC's (1 by 1, didn't want more than I really needed) until they start incubating them again. The eggs need to be right up against the AC's, mine are in the shape of an L and I put the eggs in the crooks of them so that quite a few of them were touching the eggs (I have a small building just for hatching out). Though I am not sure about your last question (putting them on ceiling tile or on catwalks) but I believe the AC's need to be as close as possible. Lots of posts/video's I've seen say to put AC's/fires/torches in a U shape and drop the egg in the middle.

Best just to do around 10 or so in a U shape or all together and place your eggs in the U ... you can probably get away with four for an argy ... AC's will raise or lower the temp so even if you have an egg that needs cold and an egg that needs hot they will both incubate in the same place at the same time with enough AC's

45 minutes ago, 20GT said:

Thanks

I think ill add am extra floor just for hatching then

I wonder what if I filled the entire floor of a room withe them and hatched the eggs on top of the AC's as a modified floor would work?

I have had stuff get stuck in AC and in foundations after they hatch .. I personally prefer the eggs to be hatched right on the ground because of that reason

ACs providing an insulating buff within a short radius around them. 1 AC provides a 100 hyper/hypothermal resistance buff. Note that this makes you more "resistant" against up to 4 degrees - every ~25 resistance means you get colder 1 degree F lower.

Argent Eggs need the temperature to be 54-56 degrees F to incubate. The Highlands varies from 58 (Maxmimum I've seen) to ~2. For minimum highlands temp, 2, you will need approxmiately 1300 hyperthermal resistance for the egg to incubate in the area. This is ~13 nearby ACs/standing torches. For the maxmimum temp, you will need 1 AC to reduce the temp.

So, I would recommend a ratio of 1 AC to 1 torch to raise Argents, with 6 ACs and 6 torches.

Note that my math is NOT exact, so I would tack on an extra AC or 2.

Also note that Argents are one of the 3 dinos with the narrowest range of temperature to hatch the egg - The other 2 are the Giga and the Quetz. Giga likes it to be 109-111 temp, Quetz likes it 41-43, and the Argent likes it 54-56 degrees F.

Is the time to hatch and raise related to the lvl of the egg, or is it the same no matter the lvl? 

I only have two Argentiviis. The mate cool down keeps growing. How do I reset it? 

Also will the eggs from those to get worse in lvl's if I don't mate her with another? This 5th egg is much lower than the last one. 

24131859_143247802997870_1943069808407933211_o.jpg

Baby raising is the same regardless of levels.

Times between mating is weird. Its based on using different males. If you repeatedly use the same male, the amount of time between mating on the female will grow longer, up to about double the amount of normal time. Like, you have females A, B, C, but just one male, and you mate the male with each female in sequence. Female A will have a 24 hour CD before she can mate again. Female B will have a 25 hour CD before she can mate again. Female C will have a 26 hour CD before she can mate again. If you mate them with the same male as SOON as it ends, then its increased again, so 27/28/29 hours, up to 48 hours where it stops.

However, note that an Oviraptor will both HALVE the amount of time between mating (So instead of having to wait 24 hours, you just need to wait 12 instead), it'll also decrease the "breeding fatigue" from the male significantly (So it increases by 15 minutes instead of 30, or an hour if you have an Oviraptor nearby).

To reset the CD, you just need to go without breeding the argents for twice the amount of mate CD. I wouldn't even worry about the CD though.

As for the lvl of the egg, you will have no clue what the stats on the baby are UNTIL it hatches. Its based on the wild lvls of the parents, so unless you can tell use the wild lvls in each stat, we can't tell you what lvl the egg MIGHT be. In extreme cases, based on the parents, it could start out at any level from 1 (149 lvls in 1 stat on both parents, different stats, did not inherit), to almost 450 (149 lvls in 1 stat on both parents, different stats, did inherit both, plus taming effectiveness.) Chances are though, if those are just average argents, the baby will be anywhere from 200 to 230.

On 12/4/2017 at 2:18 PM, Mongoose32216 said:

the buff from the ac's reaches far enough to line a floor with them then build ceilings and a sloped roof to hide them from sight. 

If it's insulation bonus goes from 100 at its center to zero at two foundations away and it's effects pass through structures, a better idea is to have the AC's under the floor. Possibly the floor above it is on a pillar. 

IMG_20171206_230506.jpg

So how we did the elevated set up since we built on pillars anyway.

PS_Messages_20171215_100524.thumb.jpg.c805b3fc0855afbb5d5a67ed4794b27b.jpg

That's how we encased it (PVE so as long as they can't get to our generator to turn off gas we are good)

PS_Messages_20171215_100531.thumb.jpg.a35a1fce22bb965c0c43157206e09d44.jpg

The actual layout inside that enclosed area. We have about 15 but we like to go overkill and mining resources is easy. The generator also pokes through the ceilings/floor so we can refill it from inside. 

PS_Messages_20171215_101315.thumb.jpg.e01494e031cd9d1aa7f7fc059384073d.jpg

This is a general idea of what the hatchery looks like. No dino's getting stuck in AC's, we have egg and berry and meat fridges to the right. We also encase it in greenhouse walls so we can run around in the main section and notice if something hatches if we lose track of timer. I'm not sure if they add any additional effect since there is no direct sun light coming through and my last understanding was greenhouse walls add nothing but look. 

We are in the south (some heat spikes) but we have no problems hatching anything with this set up. 

2 hours ago, 20GT said:

People have said that mammal sometimes fall through a foundation, and to incorporate ramps into the design. I'm thinking about adding ceiling tiles to the floor foundations to insure see if that provides protection against that. 

They can fall through ceilings as well. I born an ovis 2 weeks ago and it fell through into the water. I have heard some people say placing the momma mammal on a crop plot prevents this though. I'll have to give that a try next time. 

Archived