The Future of The Center

RadicalFriday67

If you somehow haven't  realized, The Center has been apart of the base game of Ark for what seems like almost a year. Oh, wait. Its been has been a year! Well, a lot longer than a year actually. The Center was the first map that was not made by Studio Wildcard that became a part of the base game, Ragnarok releasing summer this year [2017]. However, The Center hasn't seen many improvements lately. Its simply just a boring map, and its probably the least liked by the community. I would love to see some The Center exclusive content like how Abberation is getting its own Abberant themed dinos. Sadly I don't think this is going to happen, most likely ever. Let me know if you like or hate The Center. Also let me know your favorite Ark map [Please do not include Abberation because it has not been released]. 

Chose to play on center first time I joined ARK and Center feels like home. Love the area, love the music, and dem waterfalls give me chills. Sea is a bit boring to me and the only thing I find weird about center are those mountains poking out on the entire map :D Could use a little less of that. But I'd love it if the map was updated with these fancy tek waves that artifacts have around them in caves like in the Island. Makes it feel like a really mysterious power coming off them. The only thing I'm really lacking here.

I don't like the center very much, no. I think it would've been a better map if it was much bigger - if all the terrain it currently has was enlarged and spread out more, the transitions between its different biomes would feel more natural and less jarring. As it is they look kind of.. all stacked against each other.

As it is, maybe adding unique creatures and more points of interest to it would help, but it'll always feel cramped.

Its a great map for PvE, plenty room, and for PvP too (some super strategic spots to be built and some farm base easy to raid but super efficient farming)

If one map needs improvement its the island. With the new turret change, there is no base you can defend good with turrets, it will all be easy raid there on the island. And every change that was made to the ressources / dinos was ignored to be improved on the island. (never any 150, super few beaver dams, missing Oil pumps/new ressources (center too for that), super small ocean)

The only thing island is good at is element farming, but on pvp whats the point when theres no strategic spot that can be defended after the turret change will come.

I adore the center map! I was under the impression though that because it wasn't an official WC made map that they really can't (or don't want to?) Do anything else to it?
I may be wrong? If I am correct me :)

Lore wise though, the story continues from the island to SE (iirc?) And the center has a big fat raspberry of nothing lore wise?

That and the center redwood is broken! That's all I know lol

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The Centre map has always been a terrible ever since it was released. A barren bland large boring map lacking vegetation and defining features.

I couldnt disagree more.

I love this map, when it came out i had no hesitation to leave the island for it, despite leaving all my dinos/stuff behind (no transfer at that time)

Its huge, but not boring for such. Have you ever visited the underworld or the ice castle ? Its just WOW. Have you seen all the super secret holes in mountains to survive in secret from alpha tribes?

Lacking vegetation ? Theres so much of that, its probably what it lacks the less.

Defining features... theres a flying island, thats pretty unique, as well as many biomes, sometimes even secret biomes.

18 hours ago, RadicalFriday67 said:

Its simply just a boring map, and its probably the least liked by the community. 

Make you own opinion and share it...don't make other peoples' opinions and share it. You're welcome to not like the Center, but you don't have to pretend nobody else does to validate your opinion. 

In regards to favorites, here:

Valhalla
Center
Ragnarok (Will probably be first once it's done)
Scorched
Island

But really, Valhalla is probably everyone's favorite. Nobody really likes any of the other maps...they're probably the most hated maps by the community. 

Is that how it's done?

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:04 AM, ilidrael said:

I couldnt disagree more.

I love this map, when it came out i had no hesitation to leave the island for it, despite leaving all my dinos/stuff behind (no transfer at that time)

Its huge, but not boring for such. Have you ever visited the underworld or the ice castle ? Its just WOW. Have you seen all the super secret holes in mountains to survive in secret from alpha tribes?

Lacking vegetation ? Theres so much of that, its probably what it lacks the less.

Defining features... theres a flying island, thats pretty unique, as well as many biomes, sometimes even secret biomes.

There is a lack of dense vegetation which is much more prevalent on the Island. The vegetation is more sparse on the Centre. As well as that the map lacks polish, it's like the creator just lumped everything today and said finished. There are still blurry textures and the geography doesn't make sense.

27 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

There is a lack of dense vegetation which is prevalent on the dinos. The vegetation is more sparse on the Centre. As well as that the map lacks polish, it's like the creator just lumped everything today and said finished. There are still blurry textures and the geography doesn't make sense.

depends where, north jungle is just made of bushs :P

i wouldnt know about blurry textures i play on all low

I feel it was polished pretty fine on the updates the guy in charge did.

geography has to make sense?

2 hours ago, Oxgul said:

Even thought I have moved to Ragnarok, The Center will always be my favorite map. Lots to discover and explore..the map is just WOW! It will always feel like home <3 

My feeling are very similar. Even though I have my own private Ragnarok server and an unlimited choice of base locations, I still very much miss my old base on Center official.  If I ever go towards a cluster and add the Center map, I would likely build my base very close to the location of the old one.

21 minutes ago, Sharpshot879 said:

I feel like if they added unique creatures to it (like the Griffin and ice wyvern) and also the abberation creatures or something (maybe in the underground world) then it would be on par with rag for me but my list is rag,island,se/center

As the Center is a fantasy style map I feel many of the fantasy creatures that are allready ingame would fit right in. I mean the griffin would be right at home on the floating mountain. Not sure about the wyverns though in terms of where to stick them, could add in a trench somewhere maybe. If that could be done, it would be nice to have all the scorched stuff in terms of engrams and dinos added in too, just like Ragnarok. I mean Ragnarok has it all basically apart from asention, isnt much point in playing the center apart from the bosses, which is a shame as it is a beautiful map. Center could do with some love.

1 minute ago, AngrySaltire said:

As the Center is a fantasy style map I feel many of the fantasy creatures that are allready ingame would fit right in. I mean the griffin would be right at home on the floating mountain. Not sure about the wyverns though in terms of where to stick them, could add in a trench somewhere maybe. If that could be done, it would be nice to have all the scorched stuff in terms of engrams and dinos added in too, just like Ragnarok. I mean Ragnarok has it all basically apart from asention, isnt much point in playing the center apart from the bosses, which is a shame as it is a beautiful map. Center could do with some love.

What I meant is that it would be an alternative version of rag with abberation engrams and creatures and have creatures like the griffin and ice wyvern but not the Griffin or ice wyvern something else maybe a water creature to go in the eastern trench or maybe a water wyvern there 

2 minutes ago, Sharpshot879 said:

What I meant is that it would be an alternative version of rag with abberation engrams and creatures and have creatures like the griffin and ice wyvern but not the Griffin or ice wyvern something else maybe a water creature to go in the eastern trench or maybe a water wyvern there 

I knew you ment a new creature I just wanted to suggest that you could also add animals that are already in game. For newer ones the pegasus was the only one I could think of on the spot and i didnt fancy that. LOVE the idea of a water wyvern  ! Great idea. Didnt think of the addition of the Aberation engrams that would be interesting. Without knowing whats to come would love the rock drake added just because haha !

As someone mentioned before me, the center is the map if you like underwater, which coincidentally i do.  Right now my community it playing on ragnarok because we make map and mod choices democratically and i was outvoted.  Favorite map is difficult, i assume we are only discussing "official maps?"  That being said i find scorched earth to be a challenging map and when i am in the mood to be challenged it's a good map.  The center looks beautiful and seems really interesting at first glance but resource imbalances, wierd dinosaur spawning, and the map being designed when the meta revolved around flyers for everything have rendered it feeling kind of sad as of late.  The island is very stable, familiar, and relatively bug free except for the bugs that plague us independant of map. The island also is well designed for getting around on foot, which is a plus for me.  Ragnarok is nice because it tries to do everything and some extra and has alot of nice features like sand piles on the beach, dead basilosaurus, and things like that you can gather.  The drawback to ragnarok is that since it's trying to everything it's a bit of an undertaking and the map has to be really large which cuts down on performance.  So i guess I don't have a favorite

Archived