[Fixed in v275.4] The silent Giga nerf

DarkstarRising

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

93 armor saddle. 280 melee. Last night.

Saw a kentro, wanted to test rage function, I wanted to see reaction.

Dismounted, ran safe distance. Spyglassed kentro. Whistled Attack My Target.

Enraged first bite.

Some time back, I tested rocket launchers with a less armored aaddle. Took two.

Either kentros are OP for enraging gigas,(in which case I have a few ideas for kentros,) or gigas got rage "Balanced".

Now I am going to have to be a bit more careful.

Actually that is exactly what kentros are used for, specifically bred for enraging gigas because of the thorns effect.

Well to be fair they recently reduced the fall damage so drastically that you basically needed to jump off the empire state building before it would enrage. I thought the idea of it was that they were essentially taking the rage mechanic out of PvE. And did WC get thanked for giving it such a massive buff? Nope. Instead people just cried because the melee got a slight nerf.

Anyway, if the rage mechanic is gonna be a thing then I do think that it's better design if it gets set off from fighting a powerful opponent rather than just being there to punish the rider's own stupidity.

22 hours ago, IamTANK said:

it seems to me the nerf wasnt announced that way they could claim "oops its a bug" if the playerbase got angry over it. they already had a lot a negativity over the turret situation.

0b6de0329d5457b1e2a87bb642ff4a9a--tin-al

20 hours ago, edskelly said:

get back to me when youve done it on official

You think raising and 100% imprinting a Giga with official rates is some sort of accomplishment? 

Folks, report it as a bug. Use the bug report feature. If a tame is doing something it didn't do before, and if there was no mention of a change, then customers should assume it was not intended and report it as a bug. I promise you that another BF in the forums isn't going to get the issue the attention it needs to be addressed or explained. 

16 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

0b6de0329d5457b1e2a87bb642ff4a9a--tin-al

You think raising and 100% imprinting a Giga with official rates is some sort of accomplishment? 

Folks, report it as a bug. Use the bug report feature. If a tame is doing something it didn't do before, and if there was no mention of a change, then customers should assume it was not intended and report it as a bug. I promise you that another BF in the forums isn't going to get the issue the attention it needs to be addressed or explained. 

yes i do,you got a problem with this?

2 hours ago, Vaskur said:

is that oppinon, that every raised animal needs to be 100% imprinted, still around?

haha... people still don´t understand that part...

Gigas benefit MASSIVELY from Imprint, disproportionately so in comparison to other dinos. A Giga born at 18,120 Health, ends up at 34,310.3 after 100% Imprint. That's a lot more than a mere 20% boost. The Imprint utilizes Wild Giga stat levels, not the domestic stat levels, hence the massive boost. We're also talking about a dino that get's barely any benefit from leveling, so the Imprint becomes even more important. Not to mention that the 30% Damage Resist from 100% Imprint results in the Giga being much more resilient to Enraging (other than Kentros). If there is any one creature in the game that you would want to 100% Imprint for it's bonus, it is the Giganotosaurus.

5 hours ago, Daedros said:

Gigas benefit MASSIVELY from Imprint, disproportionately so in comparison to other dinos. A Giga born at 18,120 Health, ends up at 34,310.3 after 100% Imprint. That's a lot more than a mere 20% boost. The Imprint utilizes Wild Giga stat levels, not the domestic stat levels, hence the massive boost. We're also talking about a dino that get's barely any benefit from leveling, so the Imprint becomes even more important. Not to mention that the 30% Damage Resist from 100% Imprint results in the Giga being much more resilient to Enraging (other than Kentros). If there is any one creature in the game that you would want to 100% Imprint for it's bonus, it is the Giganotosaurus.

DOes not Change the fact, that 100% imprint is kinda like !55 score in a exam. it´s the best outcome and you cant expect that everyone gets it or you get this top score with only doing the bare minimum. but still people complain about not being able to get 100% with ease.

• invincibleqc changed the title to [Fixed in v275.4] The silent Giga nerf

Archived