[Fixed in v275.4] The silent Giga nerf

DarkstarRising

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Jason2017 said:

Btw it says absolutely nothing about a nerf for gigas in the patch notes, why would they just add a huge nerf that affects people majorly without telling anyone? It's like they want you to waste nearly 2 weeks raising one of them. They could atleast nerf wild gigas because they are just too powerful, i barely managed to kill a level 15 on my 273 96 imp asc saddle giga and i managed to take 17k damage from it.

Here is the discussion started 2 weeks ago when it did hit PC players:

10 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Here is the discussion started 2 weeks ago when it did hit PC players:

They should have at least told us about the fiftieth nerf to gigas, honestly what are they thinking, i'm solo and i WASTED 2 weeks on something that's is practically useless as well as a liability to me now. I honestly hate this game so much with the amount of stuff we have to put up with and then when we try and tell them about stupid changes they're like "I'm sorry, we can't help you with this issue" and then tell you to make a ticket which then takes weeks for them to even listen to what you have to say, and the entire time it's not even another human being speaking to you in emails, it's an automated message that pretty much looks like someone trying to desperately get out of something.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Jason2017 said:

They should have at least told us about the fiftieth nerf to gigas

The fact it is not included into the patch notes make me believe it is a side-effect of some other changes they made and might not necessarily means it was on purpose.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

The fact it is not included into the patch notes make me believe it is a side-effect of some other changes they made and might not necessarily means it was on purpose.

They better change it then lol i'm not wasting my time on gigas until then, i've sunk 1964 hours into this game and it better not be wasted

On 11/22/2017 at 8:06 PM, Nokosa said:

Found out the hard way about five minutes ago when I lazily walked up to a Titan to get some XP. Four hits later and I'm knocked off watching the giga eat the Titan. Thankfully it's one of our many 100% imprinted Gigas with over 515 melee, but it was a shock to say the least. Why do this? Was this intentional? If so, why is there no mention of it? @Jen @Jatheish

Wildcard, like many spineless organizations is famous for doing things they know will be met by huge opposition, (rightfully so) without any proper notification or by simply ignoring the topic in hopes it will eventually go away or by acting as if it was a mistake that they knew nothing about.  We should not be shocked at all by this as it’s pretty much standard operating procedure for them.  Instead of actually working with the community and commincatiing with them whether it’s difficult or not they don’t want to hear any opposition  to their decisions.   Unfortunately they’re a bunch of immature, cowards with little if any integrity. 

I am curious. When they ruined flying dinos, we got Classic Flyers. Is there a "Classic Gigas" mod in the works? I don't have a dog in this fight, I am merely curious.

Also, they broke Classic Flyers and other dino remap mods with Aberrations release. We were supposed to get a fix this morning, yet it is almost 1330hrs here and no fix yet. My entire cluster is down until they fix it. Perhaps this is their way of killing mods which fix dino issues? I am not against Wildcard and have, for the most part, enjoyed the game. My only bad memories are of the flyer nerf and now this crap which makes the mods not work. I don't use gigas much so I have not noticed anything beyond how super-easy they rage now.

5 hours ago, CalebChamberlain said:

I TOOK 2 WEEKS AND GOT VERY ILL FROM RAISING GIGA AND NOW I CANT USE IT

Stating that you're making yourself physically ill to play a video game sounds more like a cry for help than a valid reason for frustration. The lack of comment from Wildcard on this subject is extremely frustrating to me as well...but that frustration aside, it might be worth considering taking a break from the game.

3 hours ago, HeatherJo said:

Wildcard, like many spineless organizations is famous for doing things they know will be met by huge opposition, (rightfully so) without any proper notification or by simply ignoring the topic in hopes it will eventually go away or by acting as if it was a mistake that they knew nothing about.  We should not be shocked at all by this as it’s pretty much standard operating procedure for them.  Instead of actually working with the community and commincatiing with them whether it’s difficult or not they don’t want to hear any opposition  to their decisions.   Unfortunately they’re a bunch of immature, cowards with little if any integrity. 

Wildcard regularly works with the community in attempts to find reasonable compromises. (Look at the many compromises and adjustments made during the turret cap implementation as demonstrated proof of this) The problem is that folks seem dead set on pretending that, unless Wildcard is doing exactly what the individual wants them to do, then Wildcard "isn't listening to the community." Sometimes Wildcard might not do what you want. Sometimes they might. Sometimes the opinion of the community is irrelevant to the changes that must be made. (for example, the decision to limit turrets)

It's OK to not like decisions a company makes. For example, I am extremely frustrated that Wildcard has yet to address the change to Gigas. (Among many other things) They could at least mention if it was intentional or not. Truth be told, I am frustrated at MANY decisions that Wildcard has made...but no one who matters is ever going to listen to my concerns if I lash out irrationally and brew up conspiracy theories to voice and justify my frustration.  All these accusatory rants serve to do is increase the decibel level in the echo chamber of inconsolable players who seem to get off on their own perpetual outrage. At any rate, I'd recommend some self-reflection because you don't seem to be reacting to any of this maturely, undaunted, or nobly...and at the very least you owe others that same respect if you're going to demand it from them.

alot of people are quitting because of the nerf. a rex that can beat a giga wow gg wildcard !!! games just turning to ass tbh. alot of ppl are like ohh its a good thing ... only because theyr to lazy to raise and imprint to get satisfaction of a giga lol. best just make ur servers less laggy and fix dc problems b4 u start messing with other stuff like dino stats. as ive said 100 times i dnt need a gf wildcard forks me hars everyday. rip ark

6 hours ago, Xenithar said:

I am curious. When they ruined flying dinos, we got Classic Flyers. Is there a "Classic Gigas" mod in the works? I don't have a dog in this fight, I am merely curious.

Yup, "Gigas Unnerfed", a must like "Classic Flyers", otherwise there's simply no point taming them. I pity everyone playing on official servers and spending 2 weeks on raising one only to find out that they can be killed by a rex (just wait, they'll be next).

Just a warning: Nerfed gigas can still spawn, so better disable their spawns or you could get a bad surprise after taming one.

13 minutes ago, Lockjaw said:

Huh. I would have thought that you choose a Giga because you're too lazy to spend months or even years stacking mutations before you even get to the imprinting phase. *shrugs*

You say that like you think the vast majority of the community doesn't just trade mats for high end fert eggs for just about everything.

8 hours ago, edskelly said:

You say that like you think the vast majority of the community doesn't just trade mats for high end fert eggs for just about everything.

True, but if you want to bring trading into it then the whole argument is moot anyway. You can trade for a pre-imprinted dino the same as you can trade for an egg. And either way, someone needed to spend the time stacking those mutations.

9 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Just like all the people that quit because of the flyer nerf... that still play.

As somebody who was in that boat, I was quitting, but the CF mod kept me playing. CF kept a majority of those players. The only ones who quit were ones who lost loads of dinos because they were on official and could not run the mod. I do know of quite a few who left after that nerf because the refused to start over on unofficial servers.

• invincibleqc changed the title to [Fixed in v275.4] The silent Giga nerf

Archived