[Fixed in v275.4] The silent Giga nerf

DarkstarRising

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, so gigas went from completly OP to completly uselss? If i had a penny for everytime the giga was nerfed..............

All those nerfs over the years and now they completly trashed it lol, so much for players spending 2 weeks raising them. Wonder what is the developers excuse this time since they can't hide behind that "early-access" stuff anymore.

3 hours ago, TracerBee said:

Nice, so gigas went from completly OP to completly uselss? If i had a penny for everytime the giga was nerfed..............

All those nerfs over the years and now they completly trashed it lol, so much for players spending 2 weeks raising them. Wonder what is the developers excuse this time since they can't hide behind that "early-access" stuff anymore.

Yes, and it's always the tamed giga, the ones that really need nerfed are wild gigas! They shouldn't be more unstoppable than the actual mini bosses! (alpha rex)

I noticed when I almost lost my giga that used to be able to kill titans, it was agroed after 2 hits from the titan and almost lost her. RIP my server,  I was the one helping others when a titan was at their base. I just really wish they would have told us cause I almost lost my best giga at my birthday, À-À'

6 hours ago, edskelly said:

I find the lack of response on this topic  from the dev disrespectful and insulting

I got used to it, they basically don't give any regard to players.

Like depreiving them of REM sleeps by refusing to double imprint timer, like introducing timer for transmitter uploads basically wasting alot of players time, etc, etc, etc.

Would've quit the game long ago if i hadnt made so many friends in game. 

Tried getting the devs attention to the issues in game that needs to be dealt first but was all in vain. 

The bottom line is that when you are riding THE Top predator on the map you shouldn't need to tiptoe around the map worrying if you're going to be killed all the time by some peon dino or ANY dino for that matter. They are the APEX/TOP predator. The Gigas should strike fear in anyone and anything that can't compete and they just don't do that anymore. They are already super rare and they are already super hard to raise. I think that part is in line with what happens in nature. Apex predators are usually rare. But...They shouldn't magically become weaker when tamed. If the devs want to keep taking the "coolness" factors out of the game then I guess we can't stop them, but we can sure let them know why people continue to lose interest in this game.

6 minutes ago, KingGalahad said:

Is this only happening on pc? I play on Xbox, and the gigas seem to enrage less now than they used to. I remember when a giga would enrage if it so much as stubbed its toe. Now it seems to take a minor fall without enraging. 

I think they did make it so that it enraged less at one point not too long ago. Although judging that the xbox hasnt had an update since this nerf/bug/what ever became an issue on pc to my knowledge, it will be interesting to see what happens with the giga with the next xbox update.

8 hours ago, Lockjaw said:

WC I want to let you know that an unbeatable Giga makes me lose interest in this game. I don't think you've hit the sweet spot yet, but you've taken some steps in the right direction and I appreciate that

I agree with that, especially since they are so unstoppable they can be ANYWHERE on the map. Granted they are far more rare down south but still possible.

I've 7 Gigas full 100% imprinted. Lol luckily Ive placed them in a separate pen else my dinos would be 'dead.  I didnt even know about Giga rage till 5 days ago. We were doing waves and my friend got eaten 3 times. Luckily i was on a 50k hp Rex and survived. 

They should nerf wild Gigas and wild therizinos.. My tamed giga close to level 300 was killed by a level 245 wild Therizino. He was on neutral so sure he could've defended himself but instead I received the notice that my giga died by the Therizino. I went and tame the Therizino and idiot only had high underwater breathing.. Useless to breed in. Anyways I cannot fathom the idea of a wild 245 Therizino killing my 300 Giga.. I didn't see the fight though.  If a Giga rage will he eat your other gigas? will all of them rage and kill each other?

7 hours ago, Sorca said:

I've 7 Gigas full 100% imprinted. Lol luckily Ive placed them in a separate pen else my dinos would be 'dead.  I didnt even know about Giga rage till 5 days ago. We were doing waves and my friend got eaten 3 times. Luckily i was on a 50k hp Rex and survived. 

They should nerf wild Gigas and wild therizinos.. My tamed giga close to level 300 was killed by a level 245 wild Therizino. He was on neutral so sure he could've defended himself but instead I received the notice that my giga died by the Therizino. I went and tame the Therizino and idiot only had high underwater breathing.. Useless to breed in. Anyways I cannot fathom the idea of a wild 245 Therizino killing my 300 Giga.. I didn't see the fight though.  If a Giga rage will he eat your other gigas? will all of them rage and kill each other?

I have been told they will not rage one another. However they don't just rage for no reason, they do it when their HP gets a certain amount down from the full HP

• invincibleqc changed the title to [Fixed in v275.4] The silent Giga nerf

Archived