[Fixed in v275.4] The silent Giga nerf

DarkstarRising

On 12/8/2017 at 9:27 PM, Cowgirl said:

I have been told they will not rage one another. However they don't just rage for no reason, they do it when their HP gets a certain amount down from the full HP

Ah ok thanks Cowgirl.

Another question. Will a Hitched Giga be able to rage or will that little timber post keep it at bay?^^ I'll probably test it tonight anyways. I really want my two breeding Gigas where all my breeding happens but not if they will eat all my main purebred, statted breeding dinos^^

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Sorca said:

Ah ok thanks Cowgirl.

Another question. Will a Hitched Giga be able to rage or will that little timber post keep it at bay?^^ I'll probably test it tonight anyways. I really want my two breeding Gigas where all my breeding happens but not if they will eat all my main purebred, statted breeding dinos^^

I have never used a hitching post so I can't answer that myself personally but I think if something were to get into your base and attack and they rage they probably would be able to hit the things within that range, but again I have never used them, only seen them in youtube videos (hitching posts)

I've tested the Hitching post last night. My friend attacked the Giga with a griffin. Giga has around 46k hp so it cannot be % damage done. Rather a certain amount. He raged pretty quickly but the hitch post kept him quiet with his yellow eyes.

A few seconds later and it vanished. I've tested a dino on aggro on a hitch and the only attack if the other dino gets in range and 180 degrees infront so they cannot move even slightly when they're hitched.

The funny thing is after the rage went away I unhitched him. Waited around 5-10 sec and suddenly he attacked me and killed me. This could be a bug or aftershock lol. Perhaps something bit him or the effect was just bugged. Went back  and everything was fine

28 minutes ago, edskelly said:

Just tested this again after the release of the DLC and the large patch.

Still filling enrage bar up about 25% each attack from a titan on a 100% imprinted giga wearing a 117.5 armor saddle.Content over fixes it seems with WC and still not a single word from them....

Not surprised. Why would they want to start communicating now.

So with the release of abberation, gigas have suddenly been weakened to the point that on official pvp my gigs is getting enraged from 2 ascendsnt pump action shotgun shots

And about 7-8 ascendant assault rifle shots

Shotgun damage is 212.6%

Assault rifle is 170.8%

Anyone else having this issue? Currently wild dinos come VERY close to enraging gigas so its making meat running difficult

Idk if my previous post got deleted or it just didnt create, but gigas got a huge nerf with rhe abberation update, assault rifles and shotguns now enrage gigas with just a few bullets

My ascendant pump action shotgun with 212% weapon samage enraged my giga with an ascendant saddle in 2 shots

My friend used an assault rifle with 170 weapon damage and enraged a giga in 7-8 shots

These were tested on an official PVP server on xbox, anyone else having issues woth this? Was this supposed to happen? Wildcard you guys got a bit of explaining to do

7 hours ago, XvInsanityXv said:

Idk if my previous post got deleted or it just didnt create, but gigas got a huge nerf with rhe abberation update, assault rifles and shotguns now enrage gigas with just a few bullets

My ascendant pump action shotgun with 212% weapon samage enraged my giga with an ascendant saddle in 2 shots

My friend used an assault rifle with 170 weapon damage and enraged a giga in 7-8 shots

These were tested on an official PVP server on xbox, anyone else having issues woth this? Was this supposed to happen? Wildcard you guys got a bit of explaining to do

Just saying it's very unlikely that someone in a battle will pull off not only getting close but also getting shots off from close range lol but still that's poop

4 minutes ago, Deadgiga said:

Also I have fought kentros with a 55% imp gigs never enraged but that's just Me?

After the update? I've killed plenty of kentros on my giga before the update but i'm not going to do it anytime soon. I managed to kill 3 titans yesterday in a row and i don't think i'm going to try for a while until i get some kind of confirmation of the nerf.

2 minutes ago, Jason2017 said:

After the update? I've killed plenty of kentros on my giga before the update but i'm not going to do it anytime soon. I managed to kill 3 titans yesterday in a row and i don't think i'm going to try for a while until i get some kind of confirmation of the nerf.

The update didn't change gigas they've been nerfed before u really think that they're still to op? Ppl like to make poop up and I went on meat run and kentros spawn under my base mountain on rag they never enraged my giga but ig it's different for tamed ones but only dumb asses use those lol they enrage sooooo easy without imprint

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Deadgiga said:

The update didn't change gigas they've been nerfed before u really think that they're still to op? Ppl like to make poop up and I went on meat run and kentros spawn under my base mountain on rag they never enraged my giga but ig it's different for tamed ones but only dumb asses use those lol they enrage sooooo easy without imprint

It did for them. The update that was carrying that change was not pushed to XBOX yet and they received it with yesterday's update so this is new to them even if it was done on PC prior. At least, I think? First thread I see related to that in the XBOX section.

7 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

It did for them. The update that was carrying that change was not pushed to XBOX yet and they received it with yesterday's update so this is new to them even if it was done on PC prior. At least, I think? First thread I see related to that in the XBOX section.

Btw it says absolutely nothing about a nerf for gigas in the patch notes, why would they just add a huge nerf that affects people majorly without telling anyone? It's like they want you to waste nearly 2 weeks raising one of them. They could atleast nerf wild gigas because they are just too powerful, i barely managed to kill a level 15 on my 273 96 imp asc saddle giga and i managed to take 17k damage from it.

1 minute ago, Jason2017 said:

Btw it says absolutely nothing about a nerf for gigas in the patch notes, why would they just add a huge nerf that affects people majorly without telling anyone? It's like they want you to waste nearly 2 weeks raising one of them. They could atleast nerf wild gigas because they are just too powerful, i barely managed to kill a level 15 on my 273 96 imp asc saddle giga and i managed to take 17k damage from it.

What's ur melee

• invincibleqc changed the title to [Fixed in v275.4] The silent Giga nerf

Archived