[Fixed in v275.4] The silent Giga nerf

DarkstarRising

So, you nerfed gigas to enrage from pretty much anything. A 100% imprinted giga with 36k hp, a 120 armor saddle, and the imprinted rider will enrage from 3 shots out of my 290 shotgun. The same giga minus the rider bonus, same hp and saddle, will enrage from 4 players firing stone arrows from ascended crossbows. Weve had a giga enrage to an alpha carno while out gettting meat for the babies. This is absolutely ridiculous considering the 2 weeks spent to raise them, and now theyre completely worthless. Theyre actually a liability to even own. All of that aside, i could have dealt with these changes and accepted your reasoning behind it, except the devs havent said a word about. Nothing on the forums, reddit, patch notes. Nothing. With the turret patch i thought you went too far, but i was the one in my tribe trying to calm people down and explain how they were at least communicating with the community and gathering feedback. I literally dont know what to say about this. Raising and imprinting a giga isnt easy, they want imprint every 3 or 4 hours for 2 WEEKS. Thats alot of lost sleep and logging on during inconvenient times, yet we still do it because we enjoyed the dino and playing the game with them. Thanks for wasting my time.....

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

93 armor saddle. 280 melee. Last night.

Saw a kentro, wanted to test rage function, I wanted to see reaction.

Dismounted, ran safe distance. Spyglassed kentro. Whistled Attack My Target.

Enraged first bite.

Some time back, I tested rocket launchers with a less armored aaddle. Took two.

Either kentros are OP for enraging gigas,(in which case I have a few ideas for kentros,) or gigas got rage "Balanced".

Now I am going to have to be a bit more careful.

Found out the hard way about five minutes ago when I lazily walked up to a Titan to get some XP. Four hits later and I'm knocked off watching the giga eat the Titan. Thankfully it's one of our many 100% imprinted Gigas with over 515 melee, but it was a shock to say the least. Why do this? Was this intentional? If so, why is there no mention of it? @Jen @Jatheish

4 hours ago, DarkstarRising said:

So, you nerfed gigas to enrage from pretty much anything. A 100% imprinted giga with 36k hp, a 120 armor saddle, and the imprinted rider will enrage from 3 shots out of my 290 shotgun. The same giga minus the rider bonus, same hp and saddle, will enrage from 4 players firing stone arrows from ascended crossbows. Weve had a giga enrage to an alpha carno while out gettting meat for the babies. This is absolutely ridiculous considering the 2 weeks spent to raise them, and now theyre completely worthless. Theyre actually a liability to even own. All of that aside, i could have dealt with these changes and accepted your reasoning behind it, except the devs havent said a word about. Nothing on the forums, reddit, patch notes. Nothing. With the turret patch i thought you went too far, but i was the one in my tribe trying to calm people down and explain how they were at least communicating with the community and gathering feedback. I literally dont know what to say about this. Raising and imprinting a giga isnt easy, they want imprint every 3 or 4 hours for 2 WEEKS. Thats alot of lost sleep and logging on during inconvenient times, yet we still do it because we enjoyed the dino and playing the game with them. Thanks for wasting my time.....

A 290% shotgun has like 928 damage per hit full hit to unsaddled tames so not sure on your surprise there. And I find your claims fairly silly in general with claims of gigas enraging to alpha carnos. We were killing Alpha Carnos on the daily with low level gigas, even occasional Alpha Rexes with the same low levels and prim saddles. With our 100% imprinted gigas we can solo wild gigas and wild titans (albeit with lots of health lost) and not even with maxed saddles.

17 minutes ago, Sup3riorArs3nal said:

A 290% shotgun has like 928 damage per hit full hit to unsaddled tames so not sure on your surprise there. And I find your claims fairly silly in general with claims of gigas enraging to alpha carnos. We were killing Alpha Carnos on the daily with low level gigas, even occasional Alpha Rexes with the same low levels and prim saddles. With our 100% imprinted gigas we can solo wild gigas and wild titans (albeit with lots of health lost) and not even with maxed saddles.

yea, sure thats all true. up until 2 or 3 days ago. go try and fight a titan now, record it, lets see how that goes

4 hours ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

93 armor saddle. 280 melee. Last night.

Saw a kentro, wanted to test rage function, I wanted to see reaction.

Dismounted, ran safe distance. Spyglassed kentro. Whistled Attack My Target.

Enraged first bite.

Some time back, I tested rocket launchers with a less armored aaddle. Took two.

Either kentros are OP for enraging gigas,(in which case I have a few ideas for kentros,) or gigas got rage "Balanced".

Lol, yeah. Kentros are Giga Enragers for sure, have been since they were introduced. That's the best use there is for Kentros.

Someone attacking your base with a Giga and a few other dinos? Sick your Kentros on their Giga, and watch the hilarity ensue as the Giga throws it's rider off and eats him, then proceeds to turn on their other dinos.

I have just tested this out one of my imprinted Gigas against a titan,i can 100% confirm the enrage has dramatically increased.While i did manage to kill the titan without it enraging the bar by doing lots of running away it did go almost all the way up.I think 4 hits in a row and it would of enraged as it seemed to go up about 25% each time.

2 hours ago, Daedros said:

Lol, yeah. Kentros are Giga Enragers for sure, have been since they were introduced. That's the best use there is for Kentros.

Someone attacking your base with a Giga and a few other dinos? Sick your Kentros on their Giga, and watch the hilarity ensue as the Giga throws it's rider off and eats him, then proceeds to turn on their other dinos.

Oh, I knew it. For sure. I wanted to see how many bites it took.

I got my answer. One.

I wonder if kentros gather berries to feed themselves on wander....

I got some more testing to do, and about 30 kentros doing nothing but eating and pooping eggs.

They are about to start earning their keep.

3 hours ago, Sup3riorArs3nal said:

Hey, how long have you not played Ark? Since two days ago, the gigas are now coming into rage for any nonsense. A beautiful dino, who was already very nerfado, now is impresfile.

I don't understand why they would nerf giga's like this when they are soooo incredibly life consuming to raise. Anyone who can kill a titan with a giga has earned that right to. You can't just tame a giga and kill everything. 

Those who have achieved high imprints on a giga especially have earned the right to be able to kill everything. It's disgraceful that this is the treatment loyal players of your game receive.

I'm hoping this is just a bug and they fix it soon, because it dramatically reduces my interest to waste my time raising them.

3 hours ago, Jacira said:

I don't understand why they would nerf giga's like this when they are soooo incredibly life consuming to raise. Anyone who can kill a titan with a giga has earned that right to. You can't just tame a giga and kill everything. 

Those who have achieved high imprints on a giga especially have earned the right to be able to kill everything. It's disgraceful that this is the treatment loyal players of your game receive.

I'm hoping this is just a bug and they fix it soon, because it dramatically reduces my interest to waste my time raising them.

This. I'll say it again and I'll keep saying, Wildcard have no idea what they're doing with this game and how to further develop it.

23 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

So what do we kill titans with now?

Island dinos, I mean.

The Titanosaurus is meant to be extremely difficult to kill right? I think this change should stay. A single dinosaur shouldn't be able to waddle up and nibble on the titan a couple times and it falls over? It should take multiple dinosaurs, not just one!

2 minutes ago, HoganRyan01 said:

The Titanosaurus is meant to be extremely difficult to kill right? I think this change should stay. A single dinosaur shouldn't be able to waddle up and nibble on the titan a couple times and it falls over? It should take multiple dinosaurs, not just one!

have you ever raised and 100% imprinted a Giga?

I could raise quite a few more "single" dinosaurs with the time and effort involved...

33 minutes ago, HoganRyan01 said:

Except the titanosaur conveniently hits them all at once.

This game will never be balanced in terms of pack dinos because of things like titans or gigas with huge aoes (gigas can actually bite behind them). In a realistic setting titans could only stomp whatever is directly under their feet. And gigas could only really bite one target at once (albeit killing it instantly). Pack dinos would then use tactics such as flanking, which are pretty much meaningless against such creatures.

If you've ever seen videos on youtube about 100 [insert dino here] vs giga, you will see that everything dies without ever reaching the giga just because it can hit and kill about 10-20 at the same time with an aoe 10 times the size of it's mouth, whereas they logically should able to swarm and tear it apart (for example, rexes) 

Maybe they should make it so that the more targets are hit with an aoe, the less damage each individual takes.

• invincibleqc changed the title to [Fixed in v275.4] The silent Giga nerf

Archived