QUESTION: Why do you choose Official?

LPTF

I find it very plausible to read actually. For myself im used to play official, its more the unexpecting part of official that i really like.

and for harvesting rates its a pretty hard grind. Even with x2, but numbers of people in your tribe can compesate that ofcourse.

i would like to play unofficial, more because of orb. Which i find an attractive way of playing, but then yet again your bound to an admin.

it has its benefits though compared to official. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
 I personally play official because well, it's official and that means the game is at original mode or function and Everything that is implemented or changed in terms of gameplay is thoroughly analysed by the Devs to better our experience, that's what i used to think at least, Latest news are making me think otherwise.
Edit:  Truth is Unofficial is way better because if you know the admin and he can be trusted you're in for a blast without 255 ping and many other problems with official with few mods to better the experience, nothing too overpowered
Exactly why I play official. Ark is a very time consuming game and I don't put that trust into an administrator who at any time could decide ark isn't for them anymore and shut the server down. Also admins can and will cheat. It's human nature.

I like playing official (pve) servers because, for the most part, I like gaming with other people. I liked that other people could see my original builds and I liked seeing what other people built. I also liked giving away eggs and helping other people out.

However, that’s about where my like for official ends. My small tribe finally threw in the towel and rented our own server for various reasons. Which having nothing to do with official being “too hard.” Quality of life is so much better. Although I do miss trading with other people.

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, CaptainRaa said:
On 22/11/2017 at 12:53 PM, Soulgure said:
 I personally play official because well, it's official and that means the game is at original mode or function and Everything that is implemented or changed in terms of gameplay is thoroughly analysed by the Devs to better our experience, that's what i used to think at least, Latest news are making me think otherwise.
Edit:  Truth is Unofficial is way better because if you know the admin and he can be trusted you're in for a blast without 255 ping and many other problems with official with few mods to better the experience, nothing too overpowered

Exactly why I play official. Ark is a very time consuming game and I don't put that trust into an administrator who at any time could decide ark isn't for them anymore and shut the server down. Also admins can and will cheat. It's human nature.

So you’re saying 100% of unofficials have admin abuse?

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, DJRone89 said:

So you’re saying 100% of unofficials have admin abuse?

There is no such as "abuse" because they are on their own servers and are free to do whatever they wants. But I do see where CaptainRaa is coming from, there is less risks of admins spawning items/dinos to dominate that PvP game on officials than there is on an unofficial server.

Got my own server cluster with rag as home map and the second one to switch maps. 

Rates on officials are scaring me off. I dont have it set high but a bit higher like 2/3x only thing thats rly high is the maturationspeed (like 4 hours to raise a giga, 1h for a wyvern....) also i enjoy some mods like classic flyer, s+,...., nothing OP. Also got my edited beacons to make it more suitable for single players/small tribes.

I used to play official when the the game was still in Early Access, but the constant rubber-banding, lag, disconnects and overall toxic behavior of people on these servers quickly drove me to unofficial where I hopped around some servers before eventually running my own server.

The rates are too slow for me as well on official.
I'm totally fine with the difficulty, but I simply do not have the time available to spend days waiting on a tame, egg or the raising of dinosaurs.
Which is why I've tweaked my own server to still provide all challenges and difficulties the game offers you, just at a faster pace.

And it's not a decision I regret.
I can understand there's people that want to deal with all of this and enjoy the game, I don't.
And I'm happy we have the choice in this.

Fortunately, the two servers we used to play on, survived the first batch of legacy-treatment. So we kept in doing what we did. 

Three month later, we decided to leave legacy behind. We were only three ppl in our tribe all the way along.

We initially didn't intend on giving our stuff away, yet someone must've been at our base to not have anything despawn. Though, nothing got claimed. I made a post in these forums to give everything away for free. Surprisingly, no real interest has been in all of that. 

Another two weeks later, I logged in again just to see that only the metal foundations and our Tek Replicator and Transmitter were left. I asked in global if someone wants the remaining element for free and not even that had any interest. 

Long story short, we since play on an unofficial highly boosted PVP Server as the merchant (PVE) tribe, trading dinos and gear for everyone else fight with. 

i played officials until 2 months after release. the new shiny servers made it pretty mutch impossible to play to me, rest of my tribe allready gave up and i didnt feel like keeping the ashes. had a nice time on legacy, didnt mind the grind, the toxidity and everything else around officials - do mind  255+ and tamecap. 

I play on my dedicated server.  I have the rates up slightly and the carry weight up significantly because my tribemate and I prefer building stuff rather than "surviving".  We both work and I have kids so I don't play enough to stay on official servers.  I also don't have any issues at all with lag or disconnects on a dedicated server.

Used to play official for some reason. Liked the fact that you could meet anyone from anywhere in the world about on the server. Also I didnt really like the idea of finding a good unofficial server and chose an official for longevity. I did enjoy my time there even with various lag problems occasionally. Then legacy happened and so I quit, wasnt putting that much investment into official again. Floundered around single player for a bit then bought a server or two when it became a thing for xbox for me and a group of close friends. Ment I had full control of the server and could have much more civilised rates lol. Now having a blast on Ragnarok and Aberation

Have my own PVE/PVP cluster with The Island, The Center, Scorched Earth, and Rag.  Soon to have Ab this coming weekend (waited until the bug fixes got in).

We move from server to server just like going from Naboo to Dath back on SWG.

I play unofficial so I can install my own server settings (have this cluster set up more like a MMORPG and not so much survival).  I can semi-reverse nerfs to keep the game consistent and have 29 mods currently installed.  A lot of building mods, auto-run, Stark Wars, Stargates, etc.

Unofficial, hosting the legacy save of the official server I played on.

For a few reasons.I didn't want to start again after having tek tier, imprinted gigas and very high end bps etc.

I got sick of the lag and pillared maps.

And most of all the poor customer support, from taking weeks to fix servers that are crashing and rolling back, replacing lost dinos and toons and even the simple things like taking 2 hours+ for a server to go down for a patch when they put up a message saying 10 minutes.

The old release a patch an hour after a evolution breeding event starts always had me thinking the devs are just trolling us too.

Play on official pve right now, I have dabbled in unofficial pvp a few times and encountered the main complaints others have posted: admin abuse and servers disapearing or just going dead for player count.  The officials have many aspects i dislike such as the lag and the amount of toxic people but the consistency of having a large player count to trade and interact with has not been replicated on any of the unofficial servers i have played on.

The people suck. PvP patrols the newbie beaches on wyverns ffs. PvE builds megabases all over the best-looking spots and resource areas. Last server someone claimed Viking Bay. The whole effing bay. Which is a recommended starting spawn ffs. 

You can't argue with crazy. All you can do is take yourself elsewhere, even if it's to another game entirely.

Pvp has changed since the cross server transfer was enabled. 
I´m sick of tribes from certain nations that are not allowed to be mentioned, just to wait for you to be offline an then wiping everything

pvp mentality sucks. It´s just about wiping. 
Everything is far too time consuming. as soon as you´re offline somebody will try to raid you. so you allways have to have sombody online. 

Archived