LPTF

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, OttoGrunf said:

well this is 5th server on list and you can see that vanilla tag is absurd

Screenshot_1.jpg

If server owners are falsely labeling their servers there is nothing we can do about it. But yeah, keep browsing the servers and you will eventually find one that suits the way you want to play the game. :)

On 22/11/2017 at 9:01 PM, Xerof said:

I like the challenge of building you base and trying to make it very though for raiders, every time my base is wiped,  I check how was raided and try to build it better . 

I have been wiped on official constantly, at the point where I have built just a 6 by 4 building. Never got to a point where I was able to even wall my dwelling. Don'the mention how many times I've been told to leave as solo players are not allowed on certain officiAl servers. My level 78 official character is currently stuck on a server where the obelisks have been closed off with behemoth gates and traps. I have opted to rent Nitrado server so I can explore and enjoy the Ark. Official servers you can' travel far without being shot or killed. These tribes shold consider that a solo players is no heat of them. I have no interest in joining a tribe. Anyone is welcome on my server with no admin.

My server is boosted slightly as I can' invest too much time into playing.

Xbox live gt Mac1za

once I played on a unofficial server and suddenly server shut down - and it was gone. :D  all my time... tamed dinos.. my 2 weeks to build a base. GONE !

in official - You will not lose your character lvls & time.  even if they are going to delete this server, they will inform you some time ago, so you can move to another server.

Love Official server <3  
Holiday events <3
nice ping <3
active updates <3

1 hour ago, Taci said:

once I played on a unofficial server and suddenly server shut down - and it was gone. :D  all my time... tamed dinos.. my 2 weeks to build a base. GONE !

in official - You will not lose your character lvls & time.  even if they are going to delete this server, they will inform you some time ago, so you can move to another server.

Love Official server <3  
Holiday events <3
nice ping <3
active updates <3

Unless you've been building 2 years on legacy and then you can start over.

On 11/22/2017 at 10:11 PM, Meshi said:

Well, based on this poll   it's actually minority who play on official.

I can share why I am not playing on official:

• I am playing just few hours every second day, have full job and relationship so I have problem with official taming and breading rates (my server has x10 rates of taming, and pernament x2 for exp and gathering)
  • Lack of admins on official cause abusing of glitches and cheating like undermashing, duplicating and pillaring
  • Dino cap
  • Huge lags and outages for days

What I am missing on my unofficial:

• Bigger cluster of servers for trade with
  • More ppl to play with outside my server community

Most of the players that play official don't check forums, etc. :P

I choose official because of its legitimacy. Updates are quick, no one can abuse admin powers, original rates of taming + High population and high amount of servers to transfer across.

Most of the responses here seem to be from PC gamers....

Until earlier this month, you had two choices to play multiplayer on Ark consoles - official, or buy a second console rig.  There simply was not the breadth and availability of unofficial console-based servers AND the few console-based servers that did exist were (for the most part) tied to specific gaming groups (i.e. if you were not in the group don't bother applying.)

Official was far and away the most reasonable way to enter multiplayer for console players.

56 minutes ago, electricblooz said:

Most of the responses here seem to be from PC gamers....

Until earlier this month, you had two choices to play multiplayer on Ark consoles - official, or buy a second console rig.  There simply was not the breadth and availability of unofficial console-based servers AND the few console-based servers that did exist were (for the most part) tied to specific gaming groups (i.e. if you were not in the group don't bother applying.)

Official was far and away the most reasonable way to enter multiplayer for console players.

Yep, but luckily it's slowly changing with consoles being able to have their own servers as well now :)

On 11/22/2017 at 6:48 AM, LPTF said:

I have been wondering this for a long time, and so I thought I'd get some feedback from the rest of you.

I seems like the majority of Ark users who play online multiplayer choose to use official servers, rather than unofficial.

I'm sure the reasons for this are many and varied, and I'd like to know what some of them are.

If a company came out with a professional, very high speed Ark server network with multiple maps, cross server transfers, proper customer service etc, would people actually use it? Or is this something that makes people always stay with Official?

All thoughts appreciated.

I play official because there are no admins on official pvp, loot is wild on official ( i used to be an unofficial player, then I went trolling on a server with my friends) There are many people on one cluster. There are next to no rules. its all the more satisfying when you accomplish something due to lower rates. although, sometimes when I'm bored I enjoy going on to unofficial with decently high rates and timing my self to see how quickly I can wipe the server and get banned. It's quite fun.  

I choose official because i love pvping. And in inofficial it feels like its to easy. No sense of accomplishment.. i love when i logg into some servers people know my gamertag and are like... raptor..

i dont invest many hours into ark and still get stuff done. And that is in official pvp. Its just i plan very carefull what i do.

but most of my materials i got from raiding other bases, killing passive tames(i know awefull right) 

i now play on a server xbox1 official there has been an invasion.. and this server is abondonend. I myself im from the netherlands, and the rest on the server is american. So i offline raid every base i can. It has gotten me to a point where i have 30 auto turrets and like 20 plants. On a cliff in the snow biome.

im standing for more then 7 weeks now. Havent had my main base raided once.

ot: i love official not because of the grind, but using commen sense and strategy to gain the upperhand. I try to let the other people do the grinding for me

Guest DJRone89

Origin:

I bought Ark for Xbox on 26/12/2015. I loved official and played until mid spring 2016, but my only issue was the taming times (didn’t touch breeding). So much to the point I refused to tame most things. Bare in mind this was before the hard coded 2x, so in before new guys say it’s not that bad, your 2x evo events that you scream for every weekend are actually 4x the rates I played official on, and we didn’t even have those events back then.

Unlike a lot of people, my tribe plays other games together (we’re talking years of gaming ouside of Ark), so we all collectively stopped playing as newer games were coming out.

Then:

I started reading the patch notes and joined this forum. This is where I discovered unofficials. I would jump between here and Reddit, searching for a server that would suit my needs, taming being the main one. I found a 6x server and really enjoyed it - it shut down without warning. Found a no rules server - it was UK only so my friend couldn’t join us :(. Going from server to server, found a cool one when The Center first launched, and the owner gave us a grace period, but his admins kept raiding us - we retaliated and got banned. The final straw.

After:

We hosted our own. Well my friend did, but he only lasted 3 weeks before throwing in the towel. I took the reigns and started hosting back in August last year.

In the background (Evolution events):

See, now had I have played official when this change came about, I probably would never have left. It was too little too late at the time as nothing could deter me from hosting.

Now:

After a year of hosting, I have a community of players I can trust and are great people. I stopped advertising early summer, and only accept friends of friends. It’s an easy life. With ORP enabled and no dino/structure decay, everyone can take extended breaks from the game without fear of losing anything outside of their control.

Conclusion:

There are many reasons why people play unofficial but I chose it for boosted taming, and continue to do so because I host. The day I stop hosting is the day I quit Ark.

After thoughts:

People decide what they want out of the game, at the end of the day, and how they choose to experience it. There is no wrong way to play, but official is the most legitimate/balanced option.

P.S. I apologise if this isn’t well written.

Archived