Industrial Grinder XP?

Crows

Yo. I've always known that the Industrial Grinder is great for XP, whether that's a tribemember standing nearby for character XP, or sitting on a dino to give it its shared XP instead.

What I've always wondered is, if you're solo, is it worth grinding wood/stone alone? do you still get a decent amount of XP from grinding wood all on your own?

I haven't own a grinder. But you can get a lot if xp just doing narco's in bulk. IE three feeding troughs fill two with narco berries and one with meat. Put down a lot of mortar and pestle ex 8+. Go get two explorer notes buffs. And then make the narco by splitting the raw meat stacks.
I think the xp to material weight ratio is much better than grinding but maybe I'm wrong. So if your collecting and grinding then narcos are better

Yes, the shared XP others get is a fraction of what the person that started the grind gets (grinding wood is better then grinding items), as it's easier to get and lasts longer.

Basically person that grinds / started the grind queue = 100% xp

Others in same tribe in the area = 25-50% (don't remember which exactly, either 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2)

1 hour ago, OttoGrunf said:

for industrial grinder you need to grind a lot :) for me it doesnt worth its price and time

Yeah, we have one though :P

1 hour ago, Moozoo said:

I haven't own a grinder. But you can get a lot if xp just doing narco's in bulk. IE three feeding troughs fill two with narco berries and one with meat. Put down a lot of mortar and pestle ex 8+. Go get two explorer notes buffs. And then make the narco by splitting the raw meat stacks.
I think the xp to material weight ratio is much better than grinding but maybe I'm wrong. So if your collecting and grinding then narcos are better

Sounds like a good plan but damn, a lot of work, plus I don't think there's any explorer notes on Ragnarok. o.O

1 hour ago, uaf said:

Yes, the shared XP others get is a fraction of what the person that started the grind gets (grinding wood is better then grinding items), as it's easier to get and lasts longer.

Others in same tribe in the area = 25-50% (don't remember which exactly, either 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2)

Are you serious? omg. This is awesome news, so I can just grind tons of wood alone then for the XP. Thank you! I somehow thought that grinding alone = barely any XP. No idea where that mindset came from lol. 

4 hours ago, Crows said:

Yeah, we have one though :P

Sounds like a good plan but damn, a lot of work, plus I don't think there's any explorer notes on Ragnarok. o.O

Are you serious? omg. This is awesome news, so I can just grind tons of wood alone then for the XP. Thank you! I somehow thought that grinding alone = barely any XP. No idea where that mindset came from lol. 

Lets say an action you take rewards 100 EXP.  If you take the action yourself, you get 100 EXP.  If you are riding a dino and that action is killing something, your dino gets 25 EXP and you get 50 EXP, with the remaining 25 EXP being lost.  If your tribe mate takes the action himself, he gets 100 EXP and you get 50 EXP.  If your tribe mate is on a dino and his dino takes the action, his dino gets 25 EXP, he gets 50 EXP and you get 25 EXP.  If a dino takes the action and doesn't have a rider, nobody gets EXP.  Only the last hit on an enemy counts for EXP.  You could do 99% of the damage, but if you don't get the last hit, you don't get the EXP.

Here's where it gets interesting...

If your tribe mate takes the action himself, he gets 100 EXP.  If you are mounted on a dino, that DINO gets the 50 EXP you would have gotten, and you get 0.  Grinders are used to level up new tames/bred dinos this way.  One tribe member hits craft, other tribe members sit on dinos to get those dinos EXP.  This is the only thing you can't do solo.

6 hours ago, Crows said:

Yo. I've always known that the Industrial Grinder is great for XP, whether that's a tribemember standing nearby for character XP, or sitting on a dino to give it its shared XP instead.

What I've always wondered is, if you're solo, is it worth grinding wood/stone alone? do you still get a decent amount of XP from grinding wood all on your own?

Yeah it's worth it .

7 hours ago, Crows said:

The short answer is YES if you want to get to level 100 ASAP no better/easier way. Mammoth full of wood and keep clicking the grind button.

Sure you can create lots of Narcotics, they actually give more exp. but you have to prepare much more for that.

For a double whammy of exp, do both grinder and narcotics, don't forget your broth of enlightenment !!!

On an x2 weekend, you are cranking out the exp doing this.

For an added bonus, crank out gunpowder at the same time, also helps fight the monotony of only clicking the grinder. Swapping between these three items will keep you engaged.

Oh and don't forget your explorer notes. find 5 or 6 of these and stack up the timer before cranking out the above.

We got one of our tribe members to level 100 within 2 weeks of release, using these methods.

2 hours ago, Brayn said:

Lets say an action you take rewards 100 EXP.  If you take the action yourself, you get 100 EXP.  If you are riding a dino and that action is killing something, your dino gets 25 EXP and you get 50 EXP, with the remaining 25 EXP being lost.  If your tribe mate takes the action himself, he gets 100 EXP and you get 50 EXP.  If your tribe mate is on a dino and his dino takes the action, his dino gets 25 EXP, he gets 50 EXP and you get 25 EXP.  If a dino takes the action and doesn't have a rider, nobody gets EXP.  Only the last hit on an enemy counts for EXP.  You could do 99% of the damage, but if you don't get the last hit, you don't get the EXP.

If your tribe mate takes the action himself, he gets 100 EXP.  If you are mounted on a dino, that DINO gets the 50 EXP you would have gotten, and you get 0.  Grinders are used to level up new tames/bred dinos this way.  One tribe member hits craft, other tribe members sit on dinos to get those dinos EXP.  This is the only thing you can't do solo.

I never knew about the XP values/share, so thanks for that and yeah we used to level pretty much all of our tames up with a grinder on legacy, so useful. I guess that's why I got so confused, because I was so used to me or my tribemember sitting on a Rex while one of us would grind all of the wood for the rex to get his share of XP

21 minutes ago, Palenor said:

We got one of our tribe members to level 100 within 2 weeks of release, using these methods.

Daaaaaaaamn. On legacy it took me ages to get to 100 because I didn't actually do any XP grinding like the methods you've mentioned, I got most of my XP from killing alpha mosas and squids. :o I'm 81 on the new servers so I'm wanting to get to at least 85 to be able to open red cave crates. Thanks for the tips too.

22 minutes ago, Crows said:

Daaaaaaaamn. On legacy it took me ages to get to 100 because I didn't actually do any XP grinding like the methods you've mentioned, I got most of my XP from killing alpha mosas and squids. :o I'm 81 on the new servers so I'm wanting to get to at least 85 to be able to open red cave crates. Thanks for the tips too.

Killing Alpha's by-hand with an explorer note active on 2x weekend gives boat loads of EXP.  I think a 150 alpha rex would give over 100k.  The absolute fastest way to level, IMO, is on scorched.  Go out into the dunes by green ob, make a right.  Walk next to the ridgeline on the desert until the ridgeline ends, go to the map wall, make a left and walk back next to the wall until you get back to where you started, rinse repeat.  Guaranteed 3 deathworms each loop, up to 6, and within 3-5 loops you'll get an alpha worm.  Each worm gives like 12k EXP by-hand and the alpha worm gives insanity EXP.  Use a rex.  Bite the worms until they're pretty blood and run away.  When the worm burrows, dismount the rex and run a good distance away.  It will pop up and start hitting your rex.  Use a compound or flame arrows to get the kill and book, 12k xp on 2x per deathworm (without a note), over 100k per alpha deathworm (with expl note) and there's a bunch of explorer notes on the actual loop.  Gets decent black pearls too.

On 11/23/2017 at 6:42 AM, ducttapefixeseverything said:

Four days ago, I got over 90K xp for one alpha mosa kill. Did most of the work with mosas, then compound bow for kill.

Kinda rude of me to not share with the dinos, but, oh well.

Bumping own post.

Addendum.

Created new character during 3X event. Set up a kill beforehand to level new character.

140 alpha mosa 3/4 killed. Finished it off with compound bow.

Went from level 1 to 78. Instantly.

144K xp. Ten minutes of work.

I am lazy, and could not pass up the opportunity. New character is now 90 from further use of this method.

I highly recommend it.

I believe it is 1/2.

I dont agree with the "last hit gets the xp" in your statement. Anyone who has tribe killed alpha dinos can attest to this im sure. Everything else seems spot on. Thanks!

Who ever engages the Grinding option gets the most XP out of the grinding. So it would still be worth it if you are trying to reach a high level. Please note that while wood gives exp I believe stone grinding will get you more. 

To maximize the benefits:

1. Grind during x2+ Weekends

2. Grab an explorer's note (If possible on your map) 

3. Make a Broth of Enlightenment before hand

5 minutes ago, Rancor said:

Stone does give more, but you need two Stone as opposed to one Wood, so on a per-resource basis, it's equal. Wood is also far easier to obtain if you have a Theri/Thorny Dragon/Beaver/Mammoth. On a more recent server, I saved up for a Grinder, built it ASAP, then maxed out within a couple of days just by grinding huge quantities of wood whenever I was at my base. I played with 1.5x exp, so if you're playing on a 2x weekend and using other XP modifiers (like the Explorer's Note and Broth, as you pointed out), then you could easily crush through levels

By the numbers: Wood appears to be 2xp/unit. (Right now it's 6xp/unit from 3x)  It grinds several of these a second and 1 gas lasts about 2500-3000 wood? It can be queued up to 1000 crafts before walking away, and it seems to take about 5 minutes to run through that...

I've already went from 85 to 90 just casually running it every few hours when I get tired of grinding out stone building pieces and metal runs (Been taking advantage of 2x and 3x to get all the major upgrades and upgrading the base to stone and metal.) I had never really considered the grinder before, always looked too expensive to be worth it, but I decided to give it a try. My only regret is that I didn't place it in a location easy for the mammoth to get to, so I have to haul the wood through a door. (My first five levels from it were all in weight, heh)

Archived