Am I dumb or is it the alphas?

Colgate502

Idk if I’m getting upset for no reason or if I’m a complete idiot.  I used to be on ps4 a few months ago and for boss fights our rexes were the same hatch as Xbox but the entire alliance would only pump rex health to 25k tips would be 30k then just unloaded melee. This was good enough to beat the dragon with the trap method.  Then when you could trap the dragon took hp away and not a percentage.  

Now that the dragon takes 20% regardless of your health shouldn’t you still only level to 25k or so and pump melee? 

I’ve traded 3 different trusted traders for a full grown boss rex and they all have 35-55k health ranging from 491-550 melee.  Is this right? 

Our trek rexes would start at 50khp but these guys are still using them  as boss with no melee 

Raiding rex'se with Tek saddles only need HP, the damage comes from the tek cannons, no point in adding melee. 

So if your breeding for those stats, and the bloodline you created also works for boss fights, why have two sets of rex's when its working. Pure Rex vs Boss battles are slowly declining..

and that's a good thing.. more and more players are adding therizinosaurus, yutyrannus and daeodon into the mix for damage, healing and stat buffs.. 

unless you want to keep to the Rex only boss fights, you are correct and you can pump more Melee into your Rex's your useing for bossfights. 

Compund bows.

Rex tank cannon fodder.

It has become more important to use the rexes to tank and concentrate on dealing DPS by different means.

Therizinos work well at 20K hp loaded with cakes, and shorter than rexes, so less chance an errant arrow to catch them in the head.

An apprentice compound bp with 170 or above damage can be buffed with a crafting character to produce a relatively cheap 400 damage bow.

10 guys with those can match the DPS 18 500 melee yuty and mate boosted rexes. At that point, yeah, hp becomes more important than melee on a rex.

Still better to use theris than rexes for dragon.

Archived