Jump to content

Aberration Release, Turrets, PlayAnywhere, Holidays, and Black Friday!


Recommended Posts

  • Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, powerstuck said:

Of course you keep quoting my answer...but hey, check what Joebl0w13 said below... as far as I remember, Windows 10 and XBox cross play were supposed to be an added feature for the game. So I assume they were also supposed to be free...except, if we're to believe the rumor (true or false you be the judge) the feature is not free because we are forced to do it thru Nitrado who is rather expensive as a server provider.

So my friend, what's your take on this rumor spread ?

 

Yes Windows 10 and Xbox Cross Play are an added feature to the game, you are right.

Whether it is free or not depends on what way you look at it. You assumed it was supposed to be free, but if you look at it from a player perspective of joining someone elses unofficial server then yes there's no cost involved for the player beyond buying the game originally. If you are wanting to run your own unofficial server then yes you will need to rent from a Host like Nitrado.

So whether you consider the feature is free or not depends on how you look at it. But I don't believe it was ever stated that you can self host on a home PC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you Read all the Feedback and u guys want STILL BRING THE NERF?! ARE U GUYS KIDDING ME?! Explain me Why WHY is my fps is going down when im in our eeg ley hous and Not when im infront of our TURRET

Happy Tuesday, Survivors! Normally our news posts go out on Friday, but we've got some exciting and also important news to share today. Let's go! Aberration Release Date! We are ex

They never said it would be out "soon", that is you putting words in their mouth. They stated that integration of S+ is in the very early stages as they need to decide and discuss with the S+ Dev

20 minutes ago, GP said:

If you are wanting to run your own unofficial server then yes you will need to rent from a Host like Nitrado.

So whether you consider the feature is free or not depends on how you look at it. But I don't believe it was ever stated that you can self host on a home PC

What is the difference in terminology here between 'unofficial server' and 'self host on a home PC'? It's confusing - surely both are unofficial?

It absolutely, categorically was stated that you'll be able to "self host on a home PC" - albeit in slightly different terms to your sentence. With the Windows 10 version, you just host a server on that and other Windows 10 and Xbox clients can connect to it. This is the "cross play" element although as I stated earlier, it's only kind of cross play because it's really technically all on the same (Microsoft) network. A PC running the Windows 10 version is no different to having a second Xbox and hosting a server that way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:32 PM, BTrickshot said:

Ok WC........., if you guys delay aberration at the last second ONE MORE TIME I swear Im completely giving up.

Probably will, look at ragnarok. wildcard, why don't you call it an ESTIMATE not a RELEASE DATE to anger less people:Jerbmad:

just saying, ive seen similar comments

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Not on your own PC. Only hosted through Nitrado at the moment. 

Dude, are you still going to keep on with this without even addressing what I brought up earlier? What exactly are you defining as "unofficial" here?

If Aednat means "can I use the Windows 10 Play Anywhere version of the game to host a server that Windows 10 and Xbox players can connect to" then as I stated - what @Jen, @Jatheish etc have posted numerous times already makes this as clear as day - the answer is yes. It'll be no different to having a 2nd Xbox and hosting a server on that.

1 hour ago, Aednat said:

Dangetttttt. Thank you. 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, TranqRex said:
4 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Not on your own PC. Only hosted through Nitrado at the moment

Dude, are you still going to keep on with this without even addressing what I brought up earlier? What exactly are you defining as "unofficial" here?

If Aednat means "can I use the Windows 10 Play Anywhere version of the game to host a server that Windows 10 and Xbox players can connect to" then as I stated - what @Jen, @Jatheish etc have posted numerous times already makes this as clear as day - the answer is yes. It'll be no different to having a 2nd Xbox and hosting a server on that.

 

Just want to point out that you are talking 'future" while Joebl0w13 is talking "present".

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Just want to point out that you are talking 'future" while Joebl0w13 is talking "present".

You're kidding, right? ;)

Because I'm sure that if you went back a page and saw Aednat's original question (the one that starts with "will" implying future) that I responded to (to which Joebl0w13 then responded to) and the following posts, and put it all into the context of the original post that we're responding to... Then I really doubt a mod would be as unhelpful as to not say "not right now, but in just under 3 weeks you can".

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, RoGCody120039 said:

What happens when this turret change happens and the lag isn't fixed??????? What excuse will Wildcard devs throw out then??

Lag is caused by many things, not just turrets. Don't expect lag to magically disappear just because of the turret change. It should improve it, but lag will still be an issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, TranqRex said:

Dude, are you still going to keep on with this without even addressing what I brought up earlier? What exactly are you defining as "unofficial" here?

If Aednat means "can I use the Windows 10 Play Anywhere version of the game to host a server that Windows 10 and Xbox players can connect to" then as I stated - what @Jen, @Jatheish etc have posted numerous times already makes this as clear as day - the answer is yes. It'll be no different to having a 2nd Xbox and hosting a server on that.

 

As far as I understand you will not be able to host on a home PC next month. I can't recall what has been posted before, but my recent understanding is that to use PC hosting for Xbox will only be through game server providers, currently Nitrado, and in the future i'm sure will be others like PS4.

I suspect at some point in the future home hosting will be possible, but it is very unlikely that it will be next month when PlayAnywhere/CrossPlay is released.

In regards to "unofficial" we refer to EVERYTHING that is not an official server run by Wildcard hosted on Nitrado servers that is supported by Wildcard.

Edited by GP
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, GP said:

As far as I understand you will not be able to host on a home PC next month. I can't recall what has been posted before, but my recent understanding is that to use PC hosting for Xbox will only be through game server providers, currently Nitrado, and in the future i'm sure will be others like PS4.

I suspect at some point in the future home hosting will be possible, but it is very unlikely that it will be next month when PlayAnywhere/CrossPlay is released.

In regards to "unofficial" we refer to EVERYTHING that is not an official server run by Wildcard hosted on Nitrado servers that is supported by Wildcard.

OK, I'll go back through various news/crunches now and dig out the quotes - because either 1) you understand wrongly, 2) you have been told something that the rest of us haven't or 3) WC have completely led us up the garden path for over a year regarding Play Anywhere. It has been explicitly asked and confirmed multiple times that we could just replace hosting a player dedicated server on a second console with the Windows 10 version. Given you can already host a home server using a second console and I see absolutely no reason for the Windows 10 version to differ from this in any way.

Edit: here's a good example of what I'm saying:

On 8/24/2017 at 4:33 AM, Jen said:

While I have you here, I have some Xbox news to share as well!

Originally our plan was to go out with Play Anywhere on our launch day but unfortunately that has now been pushed back until mid-September. However I do have some exciting news to share: with the use of Xbox and Windows 10 PC Crossplay (UWP) you can host your own server without needing an extra copy of the game or a second console to do it! (Though it is important to note that you will still be able to host a Player Dedicated server this way.) If you own ARK on Xbox, you get the Windows 10 PC version as well as the Xbox One X version for free and you can play with all your Xbox friends from your PC or either console. 

I'm not sure how that can be read as anything other than what I've said previously in this thread, but if it is not the case then some official, final, categorical confirmation from Wild Card staff would be good. I know people (myself included) who have sold their second consoles in anticipation of this Play Anywhere release because it seems crystal clear from the above that we can use our Windows 10 PC's.

Edit 2: and another recent example, from @Jatheish:

Quote

ARK Play Anywhere!

This is just a brief update on ARK: Play Anywhere, as we know a lot of you are excited about it (as are we!). It will be entering final submission this week for Xbox One (OneX) and Windows 10. We are expecting to complete the cert process in December for a release alongside Aberration. Alongside this, we plan to launch some Official Servers which will support CrossPlay but will not be enabling it for our entire network, due to anti-cheat mitigations. Unfortunately, TruePlay is not quite ready yet but we are hopeful that BattlEye will be able to make it onto the platform, until then we won't be doing much crossplay on our Official Servers, however, players will have the option to enable crossplay on their servers, be it hosted on an Xbox, PC, or rented through Nitrado.

Again - seems pretty clear to me.

Edited by TranqRex
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, TranqRex said:

OK, I'll go back through various news/crunches now and dig out the quotes - because either 1) you understand wrongly, 2) you have been told something that the rest of us haven't or 3) WC have completely led us up the garden path for over a year regarding Play Anywhere. It has been explicitly asked and confirmed multiple times that we could just replace hosting a player dedicated server on a second console with the Windows 10 version. Given you can already host a home server using a second console and I see absolutely no reason for the Windows 10 version to differ from this in any way.

Edit: here's a good example of what I'm saying:

I'm not sure how that can be read as anything other than what I've said previously in this thread, but if it is not the case then some official, final, categorical confirmation from Wild Card staff would be good. I know people (myself included) who have sold their second consoles in anticipation of this Play Anywhere release because it seems crystal clear from the above that we can use our Windows 10 PC's.

Ok lets take a look at that quote.

Quote

Originally our plan was to go out with Play Anywhere on our launch day but unfortunately that has now been pushed back until mid-September. However I do have some exciting news to share: with the use of Xbox and Windows 10 PC Crossplay (UWP) you can host your own server without needing an extra copy of the game or a second console to do it! (Though it is important to note that you will still be able to host a Player Dedicated server this way.) If you own ARK on Xbox, you get the Windows 10 PC version as well as the Xbox One X version for free and you can play with all your Xbox friends from your PC or either console.

The part you bolded doesn't state home hosting, that would relate to provided hosting for example with Nitrado where you wouldn't need an extra copy of the game or a second console to do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GP said:

Ok lets take a look at that quote.

The part you bolded doesn't state home hosting, that would relate to provided hosting for example with Nitrado where you wouldn't need an extra copy of the game or a second console to do it.

This seems to be your take on it. I on the other hand put it with the other available information (see my 2nd edit) from over a year of asking about Play Anywhere and conclude differently.

As I said, there are 3 options and I sincerely hope (with all due respect!) that it is option 1 and you are just mistaken.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@GP @TranqRex

Ok so since this seems to be going backwards and forwards, can we ask the assistance of the WC Devs @Jatheish @Jen for clarification on this matter?
I assume this should be pretty straight forward for them to resolve this dispute. As I see where you are both coming from. Maybe the wording of some of the things WC have stated weren't worded correctly or plainly enough, or maybe they are 100% as stated, but on that note, again, we need some answers from Jen or Jatheish.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TranqRex said:

Dude, are you still going to keep on with this without even addressing what I brought up earlier? What exactly are you defining as "unofficial" here?

If Aednat means "can I use the Windows 10 Play Anywhere version of the game to host a server that Windows 10 and Xbox players can connect to" then as I stated - what @Jen, @Jatheish etc have posted numerous times already makes this as clear as day - the answer is yes. It'll be no different to having a 2nd Xbox and hosting a server on that.

 

Just realize that this company well tell whatever people wanna hear so they can sell more copies.

Win10 Cross-Play was supposed to be on release, then September and is now scheduled for December 12th. 

As it was promised there will be no extra cost attached to it, and now its seems Nitrado is the only company getting the money for the feature. Notice, that's the case for PS4 aswell, so I wouldn't expect much. 

So, just realize who you dealing with and decide if you wanna keep giving them the money or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
21 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

Just realize that this company well tell whatever people wanna hear so they can sell more copies.

Win10 Cross-Play was supposed to be on release, then September and is now scheduled for December 12th. 

As it was promised there will be no extra cost attached to it, and now its seems Nitrado is the only company getting the money for the feature. Notice, that's the case for PS4 aswell, so I wouldn't expect much. 

So, just realize who you dealing with and decide if you wanna keep giving them the money or not.

It's not the same for PS4, not anymore anyway, there are other server providers besides Nitrado that rent servers for PS4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GP said:

Ok lets take a look at that quote.

The part you bolded doesn't state home hosting, that would relate to provided hosting for example with Nitrado where you wouldn't need an extra copy of the game or a second console to do it.

Quote

Originally our plan was to go out with Play Anywhere on our launch day but unfortunately that has now been pushed back until mid-September. However I do have some exciting news to share: with the use of Xbox and Windows 10 PC Crossplay (UWP) you can host your own server without needing an extra copy of the game or a second console to do it! (Though it is important to note that you will still be able to host a Player Dedicated server this way.) If you own ARK on Xbox, you get the Windows 10 PC version as well as the Xbox One X version for free and you can play with all your Xbox friends from your PC or either console.

You can spin it the way you want, in every dictionary in the world, in every language in the world...those words mean the same thing. 

YOU doesn't mean nor define Nitrado or any other server provider but me, you, and everyone else as an individual person. 

YOUR OWN doesn't mean nor define that the owner is Nitrado or any other server provider but the individual. 

YOUR OWN doesn't mean mine if I say it, it means yours. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DJRone89

 

8 hours ago, GP said:

Ok lets take a look at that quote.

The part you bolded doesn't state home hosting, that would relate to provided hosting for example with Nitrado where you wouldn't need an extra copy of the game or a second console to do it.

Surely at this point it would be easier to admit you’ve made a mistake on your interpretation of the information given instead of insisting that everyone else is wrong?

The devs have made it abundantly clear that we can host our own dedicated server on a PC instead of a secondary console through UWP cross-play.

Edited by DJRone89
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

 

Surely at this point it would be easier to admit you’ve made a mistake on your interpretation of the information given instead of insisting that everyone else is wrong?

The devs have made it abundantly clear that we can host our own dedicated server on a PC instead of a secondary console through UWP cross-play.

It's not a case of it being easier, I mean there's nothing hard right now so what is easy?

I'll be happy to admit I made a mistake when i'm proven wrong, and if I am proven wrong then that will most likely be on Dec 12th when someone tries to set up a server on their home PC and gets Xbox players to join the server. If that works then i'll happily admit I was wrong. I have no shame in admitting i'm wrong, if/when I am wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...