Aberration Release, Turrets, PlayAnywhere, Holidays, and Black Friday!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Hobofetus said:

@Jatheish @Jen @TheRightHand

I'm on a dead island legacy server; no other tribes and only about 80 tames, but a titano attacking a turret wall of maybe 150 turrets d/c'd the sever and there was only 5 people on. Our base has maybe 300 turrets total on herb island. No plant x either. You should really look into what is causing your server performance issues as I am proof that it doesn't take thousands of turrets, hundreds of tames and dozens of people for your servers to fail. It was an absolute bare minimum load and your code failed. You have made well over 200 million dollars with this game yet your servers can't even do the minimum without failure. You can take this however you want but please don't ignore the facts.

While I'm here you need more mods for your severs, there is tons of footage of tribes being under mapped and nothing gets done. There are caps of private messenger apps with people using the same handle as their GT's threatening to undermap a tribe then it happens. I sent in clips of a tribe threatening to ddos our server, having them count down to the dos and it happening and nothing was ever done. If there are no consequences for peoples actions then you can expect to lose more and more players due to unpunished cheating.

Whatever caused your server to dc is more than likely completely an unrelated item. Your claim that it isn't the turrets is one anecdote of one incident on one server, as opposed to Wildcard's testing over several servers.

On 11/24/2017 at 1:30 AM, GP said:

Lag is caused by many things, not just turrets. Don't expect lag to magically disappear just because of the turret change. It should improve it, but lag will still be an issue.

turrets may cause lag when your at a base, but when your out of render of a base it doesn't affect the map or possibly slightly affects it. Example Built on the center, mega tribe has a crap load of turrets and you lag like hell at there base. But when your out of render of there base you lag maybe once ever few hours for a couple seconds. Rag is a different story, I've yet to play more than 2 hours of rag and not DC, Ive had Zeroooooo hours of gameplay where rag isnt lagging like a motherF*****. Rag is broken. Wildcard is to busy working on a new map rather than fixing there old maps.   Its like they want to be PvE only now, what a boring way to play. Hire some Devs that can actually PvP instead on playing PvE.  Then you have the under-mapping issues, losing a character and they don't even replace them

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, RoGCody120039 said:

turrets may cause lag when your at a base, but when your out of render of a base it doesn't affect the map or possibly slightly affects it. Example Built on the center, mega tribe has a crap load of turrets and you lag like hell at there base. But when your out of render of there base you lag maybe once ever few hours for a couple seconds. Rag is a different story, I've yet to play more than 2 hours of rag and not DC, Ive had Zeroooooo hours of gameplay where rag isnt lagging like a motherF*****. Rag is broken. Wildcard is to busy working on a new map rather than fixing there old maps.   Its like they want to be PvE only now, what a boring way to play. Hire some Devs that can actually PvP instead on playing PvE.  Then you have the under-mapping issues, losing a character and they don't even replace them

Ragnarok is not developed by the same devs making the Aberration map. Ragnarok is a Mod map that was made by 2 Mods, then it became a sponsored mod still being developed by the 2 Mods, and then became an officially integrated mod for the core game that is still being developed by the same 2 Mods.

I don't know why people are constantly complaining about the Devs developing the Aberration map instead of working on the Ragnarok map when they are 2 very different maps developed by very different people.

Not to be argumentative if that is the case then why do devs implement things such as timers etc due to the issues coming from ragnarock.  Until ragnarock there werent cases or as many cases people losing characters, there was hardly such thing as duping , dinos being stuck or lost the list can go on. There is no place to ask the developers to fix there mistakes if there is where do we post. Litle by little being dev told are not responsible for things then who is . Tons of issues some dating back 2 years not even fixed ,rather then fix and move on we just add more. 

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, Jinxy said:

Until ragnarock there werent cases or as many cases people losing characters, there was hardly such thing as duping , dinos being stuck or lost the list can go on.

There was plenty of this going on before Ragnarok became an official mod. Not sure where you've been all this time?

9 minutes ago, Jinxy said:

There is no place to ask the developers to fix there mistakes if there is where do we post.

The bugs forum for Ragnarok is where you post stuff like that: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/20526-bug-reports/

5 minutes ago, GP said:

There was plenty of this going on before Ragnarok became an official mod. Not sure where you've been all this time?

The bugs forum for Ragnarok is where you post stuff like that: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/20526-bug-reports/

Ok then if this was going on then can you explain then why it was officially released?  If a car has mechanical problems and the makers know they wont release that car till it was fixed. You basically just said that ark knew all these bugs and still released a the addon, no offense to you thats a really crappy move no wonder forums are full and people are mad. They stopped replacing characters that are lost etc they implemented timers cause of the duping so we have been going through hell when they knew of this long ago, all i can say is wow......... and thanks for the link for the ragnarock bugs forum. 

• Facepalm 2

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Jinxy said:

Ok then if this was going on then can you explain then why it was officially released?  If a car has mechanical problems and the makers know they wont release that car till it was fixed. You basically just said that ark knew all these bugs and still released a the addon, no offense to you thats a really crappy move no wonder forums are full and people are mad. They stopped replacing characters that are lost etc they implemented timers cause of the duping so we have been going through hell when they knew of this long ago, all i can say is wow......... and thanks for the link for the ragnarock bugs forum. 

I did not say that, you just mis-interpreted what I said.

The issues you described have been in ARK for a long time, this is nothing new since Ragnarok came along. I did not state they were present in Ragnarok before it became an official mod.

yes you did read what you posted ..............

Until ragnarock there werent cases or as many cases people losing characters, there was hardly such thing as duping , dinos being stuck or lost the list can go on.

You just said it and my response is thats a pretty poop move releasing something knowing full well these issues were going on . Most of these forum topics are because of these issues .Not trying to be a bitch (sorry real female)  but if they knew then why release the game officially?  It is too early to debate and i did not mis-interpret. I understand there are millions of lines of code and things happen , you can't solve all the bugs and issues. But some of these issues have been two years, infact 2 years there was not even close to fixing bugs as they have done in past 3 months it was just releasing new content new dinos over and over hardly fixing any issues.  The new dlc will have same issues because  they haven't fixed the problems. 

New dlc will be piller wars right away blocking oblesks and tribes trying to be the alpha. 

9 minutes ago, GP said:

I did not say that, you just mis-interpreted what I said.

The issues you described have been in ARK for a long time, this is nothing new since Ragnarok came along. I did not state they were present in Ragnarok before it became an official mod.

Then you should have said we have had these issues long before ragnarock was released.. debate over not looking to argue just stating a point . 

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Jinxy said:

oh and until ragnarock there was hardly duping and people did not lose characters if anything and we tested this, the timers just make things worse gives the dupers time to get everything set.(ban the dupers and ban the cheaters). 

People didn't lose characters before Ragnarok? So you are saying between June 2015 and June 2017 people didn't lose characters? O.o

You heard the odd one being lost not like they are being lost now, that is why many people have asked that arenas be expanded to include brood  and ape. Every character I have lost is between Ragnarock and SE . Ragnarock and Island, alot have lost from going to and from se but the people I know is from ragnarock. All of this could be easily avoided if they added new arenas into these maps and people wouldn't have to tp.  Just like duping it happened you heard of it but nothing like it is now. The timers just give them extra help and time to get ready to dupe our server has gone down 12 times and its always when certain  tribes are on.  Make a story short the same issues you are having now will happen with the new dlc if something is not done , if devs donot enforce there own rules.  I came and started when this game came out and we had issues but nothing compared to what we have now, players know and exploit that. Ark is amazing game and very addictive . But truthfully i heard only one case before they they allowed cross overs of one person losing there character.  Done arguing and debating for today:P

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Jinxy said:

But truthfully i heard only one case before they they allowed cross overs of one person losing there character.  Done arguing and debating for today:P

That's the problem here. You have only heard of one case and that is what you are basing your claims on and why you claim Ragnarok is the problem. There have been many cases of character losses due to the implementation of Cross-ARK transfers. All you need to do is research it and you will see. I think you are laying more blame on Ragnarok than is warranted.

I love ragnarock i think it is amazing map and can tell the makers took alot of time and I do my research as well , I have stated months ago when cross overs came out there would be problems attributed with it. I am stating that it is more heard of from experience that since ragnarock there has been more issues of dinos being stuck missing and people losing characters coming to and from.  As well saying these issues will follow through to the new dlc map. People will race to piller and the dupers will come since its a new map and new dinos. Cut the dupers etc off now then you wont have a problem find a solution about pillering etc. have a good day. Btw I do read forums everyday, watch twitter etc yes maybe these issues werent being said public and yes maybe it has been going on long ago. if thats the case my apologies. 

5 minutes ago, GP said:

That's the problem here. You have only heard of one case and that is what you are basing your claims on and why you claim Ragnarok is the problem. There have been many cases of character losses due to the implementation of Cross-ARK transfers. All you need to do is research it and you will see. I think you are laying more blame on Ragnarok than is warranted.

I don't lay blame on Ragnarock I blame majority issues on the lack of support we players are getting. We moved from legeacy so we wouldn't hear sorry this is beta nothing we can do. Now game is officially released we get the same copy and pasted response. 

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, Jinxy said:

I love ragnarock i think it is amazing map and can tell the makers took alot of time and I do my research as well , I have stated months ago when cross overs came out there would be problems attributed with it. I am stating that it is more heard of from experience that since ragnarock there has been more issues of dinos being stuck missing and people losing characters coming to and from.  As well saying these issues will follow through to the new dlc map. People will race to piller and the dupers will come since its a new map and new dinos. Cut the dupers etc off now then you wont have a problem find a solution about pillering etc. have a good day. Btw I do read forums everyday, watch twitter etc yes maybe these issues werent being said public and yes maybe it has been going on long ago. if thats the case my apologies. 

It's not a case of these issues not being said in public, there have been complaints on all forms of social media including these forums about loss of characters. The reason there may seem to be more associated with Ragnarok is because Ragnarok was brand new to official servers in June 2017 and therefore with a new map brings new interest and gains more popularity than the old maps and so as a result reports of loss of characters may increase, doesn't mean Ragnarok is related at all to the problem.

Just with Aberration there may be an increase in reports because many people are going to move over to Aberration because it is brand new, doesn't mean Aberration has anything to do with the problem. In fact it doesn't matter what map it happens on, it is not the map that is the problem.

You say you don't lay blame at Ragnarok but your earlier post clearly indicates you were claiming the majority of these issues are because of Ragnarok, which is completely wrong.

1 hour ago, Jinxy said:

Not to be argumentative if that is the case then why do devs implement things such as timers etc due to the issues coming from ragnarock.  Until ragnarock there werent cases or as many cases people losing characters, there was hardly such thing as duping , dinos being stuck or lost the list can go on. There is no place to ask the developers to fix there mistakes if there is where do we post. Litle by little being dev told are not responsible for things then who is . Tons of issues some dating back 2 years not even fixed ,rather then fix and move on we just add more.