Aberration Release, Turrets, PlayAnywhere, Holidays, and Black Friday!

Jen

I'm excited! :)

I can't wait to get into the depths of Aberration!

As for the toxicity and saltiness of some of the commenters on this and most of this forum's threads:
There is no need to be so spiteful towards WC in your comments, if you were a customer service advisor and someone called you and started to shout down the phone in a rude and incoherent manner, you wouldn't feel so inclined to listen to their concern to the fullest, their attitude would make you not wanna help them.

It's not cute, nor clever.

Be constructive, not abusive.
Gather your thoughts, reflect on what your writing down, read it before posting so you know it makes sense. 
Anyone can write a rant, but for people to listen make sure that what you are writing is on topic, in the correct thread and above all constructive.

Not dismissing that you have some frustrations and concerns, just make sure they are placed in the correct thread and worded with human decency.

------------------------

Ok, so thats my salty rant over.
On a lighter note, I can't wait for December! :D 

Edited by UpUrBeaver
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lurtz said:

I'm curious, are you on a LEGACY server? 

If you are (and I'd double check) 

There is no longer any support offered to legacy servers. 

This is official servers this is going on.  So many people buying the game and it sucks having to tell them sorry we are at limit, sorry all spots taken etc. Not everyone want's to play on unofficial and second everyone knows legacy will all end soon. 

6 minutes ago, Jinxy said:

I do think it's weird that devs allow tribes to have dozens and dozens of tames. 

This is official servers this is going on.  So many people buying the game and it sucks having to tell them sorry we are at limit, sorry all spots taken etc. Not everyone want's to play on unofficial and second everyone knows legacy will all end soon. 

3 hours ago, Danouk said:

Ok that's nice a new better turret but most of us are 100 and probably won't be able to mind wipe so we can learn that new turret. You planning on giving us at least one mind wipe so we can learn that new turret?

everyone gets a respec when aberration comes out so if you're on console you'll be all set as heavy turret will be released with the new map on console. for PC i'm sure they'll do a respec on the 27th to learn the new engram.

Its all too little too late they ain't gunna get many more new people as they will not see they point or if they do they never stay for long or turn into trolls 

And then there the farce with SE why the feck was I charged for this when not long afterwards all these animals are put on ragnorock I feel ripped off and the fact there releasing aberration on the 12 there's no point in buying that because soon the stuff from it will be free anyway 

• Facepalm 2

Guest DJRone89
17 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

Its all too little too late they ain't gunna get many more new people as they will not see they point or if they do they never stay for long or turn into trolls 

And then there the farce with SE why the feck was I charged for this when not long afterwards all these animals are put on ragnorock I feel ripped off and the fact there releasing aberration on the 12 there's no point in buying that because soon the stuff from it will be free anyway 

SE came out over a year ago, and Ragnarok only went official a few months ago. Besides you pay to play the SE map and it’s own gameplay mechanics, not for the creatures that are an added bonus so not map exclusive.

All remaining issues aside, detailed updates like this one are much appreciated. And as its well known that when you give the "community" a voice in a forum like this you're going to have trolls and constant complaints, in my opinion, a game as complex as ark deserves some "grey area" with game mechanics. If the game never expanded as it has (in the time frame that it has) and would have just remained "the island" but had flawless game-play, sure, probably only 25% of the player base would have been content and continued to play.

Sense our tribe started at "early access" I think Ark expanded into something  far beyond what WC expected or planned for and I (for one) enjoy the hell out of this game and look forward to anything new they add. 

Point to this being, yeah it would be convenient if they focused on refining one of the maps and its "flaws". But as a development company with an ever growing fan base of players that expect new content. Putting out polished content for a game this complex would take WAY longer than the majority would stick around for. A great example would be Aberration. Regardless of reason for the "delays", everyone wants it yesterday... ANYWAYS... Hats off to you WC.  @Jen @Jatheish  

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, psychosaurus409 said:

remember then the Stego was good for a month or two?... i remember that but seriously why take the one thing the stego had a use for.. a very niche use that requires the stego to be at a very certain angle to a turret.

Yeah same here.

It is nice for the Stego to have this special ability. And it is far more balanced than Paracers and Brontos with platform saddles on top covering the player with metalwalls because you can hit the stego-riding-player and he has to be in a certain angle to the turret.  So why dont leave the Stego as it works atm.?

• Like 1

It seems the Wildcard team still DOESNT GET IT even if they add they heavy turret 100 turret limit is NOT enough how the hell are we supposed to defend our bases for example we got base at red obelisk how are we supposed to protect base with around 20 heavy turrets one ach side of the base + roof not to mention we wont be even able to place X plants and we will be at 100 limit only with the turrets not counting X plants + at red obi we have walls between those giant stone spires to prevent players from draining turrets or sniping dinos from the cliff that we have down there we wont be even able to mount those damn turret walls with turrets or X plants because we are in that stupid 34 foundation limit TOTALLY RETARDED

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, elweasel2010 said:

Really you are too busy to put together a holiday event. How long does it take to increase the rates and release skins that have all ready have been made for thanksgiving? You did a lame Halloween event this year. And now no Turkey event. You guys are turkeys.

Most of the world doesn’t celebrate thanksgiving and it also means you can spend it with your family 

7 hours ago, Jinxy said:

(example same thing when they stated bridges were coming out people were told to wait and wait, they just removed it instead)

I think the bridges are coming to abberation 

11 hours ago, Evil9t said:

So you Read all the Feedback and u guys want STILL BRING THE NERF?! ARE U GUYS KIDDING ME?! Explain me Why WHY is my fps is going down when im in our eeg ley hous and Not when im infront of our TURRET Wall with over 800 turrets?! People dont care if ist lagging when all turrets shoot in the same Moment. This is raiding we all know that and can life with that. This Game change is far too heavy that your Game will survive this lol

bring the patch... AND YOUR GAME GONNA DIE

I don't do official PvP because of those turret walls. Turret lag prevents creative metas. 

You can fit 100 turrets in a 67 block diameter. With the new turrets you can have 100 turrets at 4-5 times the strength. So that is the potential fire power of 500 turrets in a 67 block radius. That is some solid fire power. Just need to be smart (new building metas!) and force raiders to funnel into your death trap. You can also use dinos in some pretty effective ways to melt tanky dinos. 

Here is an idea that can help you with your "not enough turrets" problem:

-Create a fatal funnel

-Centralize all 100 turrets just beyond fatal funnel

-fill fatal funnel with ankys (stack health and damage, this will mitigate brontos at the least, as they tend to get stuck on a wall of ankys) and create death blossom traps filled with hyenas and daeos. 

-Create outer perimeter with concentrated turret towers (not one giant) if you spread these out you can deny avenues of approach

-arknet (alternating layers of open hatch frames) to deny drops. 

-build Phoenix, golem, and thorny dragons (any other turret dinos?) towers to further deny air drops (I recognize that these may not be effective at killing most flyers, however, any damage they can apply to target means survivors can drop the target)

This game (in PvP) is all about resource denial and being effective with what you have available. It's too easy to create a wall of garbage that a raider won't waste C4 on when there is a fatal funnel they can go to. And if you make the wall of garbage well, they will waste more resources going in then they will get from the raid. 

You will always face the potential of being raided. The trick is to learn how to make would-be attackers waste their supplies (and time) with little to no gain.

And stop whining. Adapt and overcome, yo. I could at least understand whining about the "survivors only" setting for turrets as it instantly made most dinos useless. 

Edited by Drackus
  • Thanks 1

Turrets need to be hard limited like a tame count.

All turret damage needs to be buffed but heavy turrets need to insta kill anything under a giga.  

Plant X also needs a damage buff but it should also be limited. Plant X should also be the anti flyer meta.

There also needs to be a prefabbed concrete pillbox/bunker structure to place turrets in.

No more unrealistic metal towers with hundreds of turrets.

We need bunker/concrete building tier that's outrageously expensive to build but also hard to destroy.

make or improve better siege weapons / artillery to counter insta kill turrets.

• Facepalm 1