Ragnarok - Megapithecus: Beta!

BatmanRAG042

Hi guys, I know that this topic is a little annoying to who know who defeat it but... I am preparing my army to go there.

How is your setup that you guys are using to defeat this boss? 19 Rex and 1 Yuti? or 19 rex and 1 daeodon?

And the stats leveled of rex's, 30k hp - 450% melee is ok?

Thanks guys, have a nice week!

I assume that you are going to down it on the Island, since you can't access it on Ragnarok?

Beta Megapithecus is twice as powerful as the Gamma version - Thats 2x more HP, and 2x more damage. I assume that you have done it on Gamma? If not, I would suggest doing it on Gamma first. If your rexes dip below 50% health on Gamma, its a dead rex on the Beta version.

You will want 18 rexes, 1 Daeodon, and 1 yuti. The Daedon, providing you have a poop-ton of meat on it (Like a full inventory almost), will prevent your Rexes from losing the war of attrition. The Yuty is equivalent to bringing in 5 extra Rexes, and grants 25% damage reduction.

Are you solo, or with a group?

Now, in terms of HP/melee...

A 450% rex deals 279 damage per hit, and about 1 hit per second. With 18 rexes, mate-boosted, with a Yuty, thats 8160 dps. Now, note that unridden Rexes will occaisonaly go to eat a small monkey, so its slightly less damage. And they may twirl in a circle, and do even less damage. And the boss takes 33% less damage last I checked, so thats even less damage. Figuing all this in, you will be dealing ~4k damage per second with your rexes.

Given the boss's almost 400k health, the boss will be able to whack on your rexes for 100 seconds.

Now, the boss deals AoE damage per hit for 800, about once per second. He also tosses a rock about every 10 seconds for 4k damage. So thats about 1k damage per second.

So, he will kill ALL your rexes in about 30 seconds, if you did not have mate boost/yuty/daedon.

Now, lets NOT count the Daedon. With the Yuty and the mate boost, the effective damage output for the Megapithecus is reduced on down to 525 dps, giving you ~60 seconds to kill the Megapithecus.

Now, Daedon heals for, what, ~200 per second? Thus, this reduced the bosses damage output on down a bit more to 300 dps. This gives you EXACTLY 100 seconds to down the boss before he kills all your Rexes.

Thus, the most important question is this - What saddle do you have for your rexes? If you are using a primitive saddle, it will be EXTREMELY close. If you are using an 80 armor mastercraft saddle, you can do Beta Megapithicus and only be at risk of losing 1 rex. If you have a 120 armor saddle, you can farm Beta Megapithicus.

Number crunching ftw.

Archived