Good job devs!

George1988

43 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

Wow, you're being condescending! How in line with how mature you claim to be...

So... if someone doesn't agree with you, you call them scrubs and/or are being massively condescending. To be honest, I can understand why there was a reaction to your choice of words. On this forum, so many people who voices legitimate concerns are shut down with being "scrubs", "whiners" or the like. Voicing concerns is neither. Yes, of course it's also a matter of how it is said, but that seems to play no part in whether those responses are made or not. The only thing you, and everybody else using the same techniques, say with that response is basically "Instead of trying to understand what you mean and countering with my own arguments, I'm gonna call you names", which is just sending the signal you have nothing to counter with. Of course the same goes for "the other side" that knee jerk respond with "fanboy/girl"

And yes, you presumed to speak for me when you said "all mature players" and I ask that you refrain from doing that as your opinions very much differ from mine.

Waw...ok, i’ll try to respond this last time as i don’t like arguing that much. Like i said in my original post, this was my letter to the devs. That is my opinion and i accept arguments against it, but i don’t accept insults or alpha style responses (now you know why i responded to you in that maner). And yes, i don’t consider players that trash talk the development of a game mature. And maturity is not dictated by age.It’s one thing to give feedback about game features and it’s a different thing to want your 300%speed 800dmg ptera back, or your 1000+turrets in a 50 foundation radius, and the list can go on. I hope you can forgive me for including you in my “mature players” category...clearly i made a mistake. All the best to you!

10 minutes ago, George1988 said:

Waw...ok, i’ll try to respond this last time as i don’t like arguing that much. Like i said in my original post, this was my letter to the devs. That is my opinion and i accept arguments against it, but i don’t accept insults or alpha style responses (now you know why i responded to you in that maner). And yes, i don’t consider players that trash talk the development of a game mature. And maturity is not dictated by age.It’s one thing to give feedback about game features and it’s a different thing to want your 300%speed 800dmg ptera back, or your 1000+turrets in a 50 foundation radius, and the list can go on. I hope you can forgive me for including you in my “mature players” category...clearly i made a mistake. All the best to you!

First of all, look at who you're responding to - this was the first time you were responding to me. And with another insult... WOW you clearly don't like it when people don't agree with you! And what a mature reaction!! :D I see why you think you can speak for "all mature players" xP This is hilarious!

On 21/11/2017 at 9:47 AM, George1988 said:

Ok, so i don’t know if there is a special place where i can send the devs a message so i’m gonna post it here, maybe they see it. All the nerfing that you guys did over the course of developement have made the game better and ballanced in my opinion. I see alot of videos on youtube saying that you destroy the game and all that bs, but i want to thank you guys. Every change (even the ones that i didn’t agree on) has eventually made ark a more ballanced game. Keep up the good work and don’t listen to the scrubs. All mature players agree with the changes you make to the game!

Lol. So mature calling people names. 

On 11/21/2017 at 5:11 AM, Fealthion said:

No, we don't... poor form to claim you speak for any demographic.

A large number of the 'game changes' made by the dev team have changed the overall game experience. Some good, some bad, some downright awful - a large proportion of them to counter tactics developed in PvP that they had not foreseen. I would be much happier with them 'actually' preventing duping and making the existing game run smoothly than practically any change they've made.

The majority of additions brought nothing to the player experience except frustration (pego) poor attempts to correct their own capacity issues (server caps, leeds) or worse attempts to force relevancy (flyer nerf to make the ground game useful).

Fix the issues, stop pandering to a subset of player styles.

I have to agree with them needing to focus on a stable build, we need them to stop worrying about new content,  and focus on the old content that doesn't work. Dedicated servers are still corrupting. I just lost 30 players yesterday on my dedicated, because I can no longer load the save file.  This is the third time this has happened. One would have figured they would have solved this issue with the actual release of the game. But I fear that we are all done with The Ark unless we get a hotfix,  we are just sick of hitting the reset button. 

1 hour ago, W1SPY said:

I have to agree with them needing to focus on a stable build, we need them to stop worrying about new content,  and focus on the old content that doesn't work. Dedicated servers are still corrupting. I just lost 30 players yesterday on my dedicated, because I can no longer load the save file.  This is the third time this has happened. One would have figured they would have solved this issue with the actual release of the game. But I fear that we are all done with The Ark unless we get a hotfix,  we are just sick of hitting the reset button. 

I don't think you're looking at the big picture. First of all, development of "new" content is what keeps a studio/development team thriving. Focusing on old content would cause ANY game to ultimately fail do to loss of interest (which is fact not opinion). Also, focusing on a "stable build" (if you wanna call it that) is a very relative thing. Most modern games do not use a static build as its periodically modified or updated to account for DLC, server adjustments etc.  Between introducing additional content, balancing past/current content and adapting to the issues caused by anything from the servers (not WC) to Arks ever growing player base, they will always have their work cutout for them when dealing with a game this complex. 

25 minutes ago, xDarKStaRx616 said:

I don't think you're looking at the big picture. First of all, development of "new" content is what keeps a studio/development team thriving. Focusing on old content would cause ANY game to ultimately fail do to loss of interest (which is fact not opinion). Also, focusing on a "stable build" (if you wanna call it that) is a very relative thing. Most modern games do not use a static build as its periodically modified or updated to account for DLC, server adjustments etc.  Between introducing additional content, balancing past/current content and adapting to the issues caused by anything from the servers (not WC) to Arks ever growing player base, they will always have their work cutout for them when dealing with a game this complex. 

Going to prove you wrong with one game that is massive but declining due to the FACT that they're not addressing OLD content with the game instead they're adding content.

Player Unknown Battlegrounds.

Also Ark growing player base? Lol the player count is dropping each week. FACT

4 hours ago, Pogue1995 said:

Going to prove you wrong with one game that is massive but declining due to the FACT that they're not addressing OLD content with the game instead they're adding content.

Player Unknown Battlegrounds.

Also Ark growing player base? Lol the player count is dropping each week. FACT

Wow, that's the most nonsense rebuttal ever :D. How is a game that doesn't come out until the 12th of next month not addressing old content?

And I'm not sure you understand what the word fact means. But I'll help you out. Your using it wrong.

Capture 1.JPG

2 hours ago, Pogue1995 said:

How do you know its growing? The only player count we have access to is steam :)

Gamesindustry.biz  editorial with WC stating that from 2015 to June 2017 the player base has increased to 9 million players over all platforms.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-13-with-9-million-players-ark-survival-evolved-is-finally-ready-to-launch

3 hours ago, xDarKStaRx616 said:

Gamesindustry.biz  editorial with WC stating that from 2015 to June 2017 the player base has increased to 9 million players over all platforms.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-13-with-9-million-players-ark-survival-evolved-is-finally-ready-to-launch

Published "Tuesday 13th June 2017" 

On 11/20/2017 at 11:47 PM, George1988 said:

Ok, so i don’t know if there is a special place where i can send the devs a message so i’m gonna post it here, maybe they see it. All the nerfing that you guys did over the course of developement have made the game better and ballanced in my opinion. I see alot of videos on youtube saying that you destroy the game and all that bs, but i want to thank you guys. Every change (even the ones that i didn’t agree on) has eventually made ark a more ballanced game. Keep up the good work and don’t listen to the scrubs. All mature players agree with the changes you make to the game!

Here is someone who is not a glass half empty kind of guy! I like you!

Archived