Griffin Balance

ForzaProiettile

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/9/2017 at 6:45 PM, Probitas said:

See that's just it. Too many gamers trying to meta a win, instead of just playing the game as it is....then bitching when they can't meta the way they want. If you don't like the taste of the food, why bother eating it at all? Certainly no one needs to hear you complain about it. Heaven forbid that you play a game that you could lose at even if you do nothing wrong. Sounds so much like real life I have to wonder if this attitude is translating over from it. Do you guys try to meta game life too?

I wonder if anyone has tried to use a megalosaurus on a Griffin? Can it bite and hold it? It should be able to since it can do the same to an Argy. That's another thing, how come the mega can bite and slowly kill a Diplo, but can't do the same to something actually smaller like a Rex or Griffin as it can bite the Thorny Dragon, as they are all smaller than a Diplo, but I've been told before logic doesn't work in Online Games.....Maybe it should?

I do like your ideas about making abilities more viable to like sized things.. gives us, more options..

On 09/12/2017 at 6:45 PM, Probitas said:

See that's just it. Too many gamers trying to meta a win, instead of just playing the game as it is....then bitching when they can't meta the way they want. If you don't like the taste of the food, why bother eating it at all? Certainly no one needs to hear you complain about it. Heaven forbid that you play a game that you could lose at even if you do nothing wrong. Sounds so much like real life I have to wonder if this attitude is translating over from it. Do you guys try to meta game life too?

"meta life "?????.

you are making absolute no sense since in this game unless you win its not fun since when you lose stuff you lose real life time. So the only way to have fun is to win . 

Meta life argument sound like your reading your horoscope. 

Keep your politicien speech for yourself . You just like to use griffin since they are op and you like it like that. Why do you have go all over the place with your argument when  in reality the reason you are posting in this tread is a reason that even a 4 year old would understand.

When I first saw this topic I will admit, I was sceptical, because I personally didn't have enough experience with/seeing Griffins in PvP but now after being involved in a 3 day raid defense and before that, witnessing small skirmishes and 'pick wars' I can now confidently say that Griffins definitely need a nerf.

Their dive bomb damage is crazy, their stamina is crazy, their speed and mobility is crazy, their health is crazy and their ability to snipe from the seat is crazy.

5 hours ago, Carcajou said:

"meta life "?????.

you are making absolute no sense since in this game unless you win its not fun since when you lose stuff you lose real life time. So the only way to have fun is to win . 

Keep your politicien speech for yourself . You just like to use griffin since they are op and you like it like that. Why do you have go all over the place with your argument when  in reality the reason you are posting in this tread is a reason that even a 4 year old would understand.

Did you have a 4 year old write your post just to make a point? 

8 hours ago, Carcajou said:

"meta life "?????.

Thanks for admitting you just want the game easier for yourself so you can win all the time. Thats what all pro-nerfers want; and FYI yes only doing the optimum strategies to win easier is meta gaming.

The Griffin makes PvE even more of a cakewalk if you tame a high level. Dare I say it kills any desire to really even bother getting anything else - let alone a wyvern of any type. Why attack anything with a dragon that you can kill more quickly with one of these nifty creatures? Its literally the perfect killer in every single scenario; the only time you'd ever need anything else is for gathering. Those that disagree with this crucial fact likely already have plenty of these, and those that disagree are likely the victims. 

I agree with the aforementioned; PvE is fine if people just want everything handed to them in regards to effortless hunting and rare defenses against patrolling A.I. hostiles, but PvP quite obviously needs 'much' greater balance. Have nothing? Are you just an annoying person at heart who simply can 'not' ever help themselves? Well, just move into a random server, get yourself one of these - its actually rather easy - and let the trolling begin!  Its far too obvious to overlook, but I'm just wondering if its beyond WC's power to do so in any sort of a timely manner.

I think the flyers need an overall balancing.  The universal nerf kinda left a sour taste in my mouth.

Make each flyer kinda specialized in it's own way, just like the land dinos.

Want to go fast?  Get a pteradon, but it has low health, no spin, no pickup.

Want to carry a lot?  Get a quetz, tons of hit points and carry, but very slow.

Want to get some good attack bird?  Get a griffin, but more balance so it's not the most OP thing out there.

I really miss fast pteras :(

9 hours ago, Ascendant said:

They should change it back, but I won't hold my breath. 

The griffin can still move forward and strafe at sprinting speed, but not back? It's awkward and a bit frustrating at times to fly now, and such a change does not address the concerns of the people who feel the griffin needs to be toned down IMO.

What? That was a broken feature never intended by the devs. The Griffin needs a big nerf in order for there to be variety in the skies.

11 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

What? That was a broken feature never intended by the devs. The Griffin needs a big nerf in order for there to be variety in the skies.

What variety do you refer to? Unless you use the Classic Flyer mods, most flyers can't do poop in the air anymore. Even Wyverns are mainly just burning through their stamina like dope fiends on a bender. There used to be some variety in the air, now the only flyer that works well has players crying for it to be slammed back to earth.

I think the devs should listen to all you cry babies and give you what you want. After all that's exactly what SOE gave to babies when SWG was in its infancy, and look where both that game and SOE are now. DEAD.

12 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

It wasn't broken. Let's not forget the tapejara still has the ability to fly back at sprint speed as well.

Nerfing griffins because you feel they dive too fast or swipe too hard isn't going to increase flyer diversity, as that would almost assuredly have the opposite effect. What a "big nerf" would do is diminish the griffin as a viable flyer and lead to one less type in the air. This notion that they are the only flyers used anymore is a myth, too.

There's no doubt griffins are up there as one of the best flying mounts but they can't all be equal. Why not do something like double the time it takes to tame one and increase the kibble requirement by 50% instead?

It seems to me this was changed primarily to prevent players from dive swiping, and then pulling back to rinse and repeat. However that isn't the only way or even the safest option to chain dive swipes. It's certainly not my preferred method (especially in PvP.) I hope the devs give serious consideration to restoring the ability to pull back at sprint speed. 

On 12/13/2017 at 8:39 PM, Ascendant said:

It wasn't broken. Let's not forget the tapejara still has the ability to fly back at sprint speed as well.

Nerfing griffins because you feel they dive too fast or swipe too hard isn't going to increase flyer diversity, as that would almost assuredly have the opposite effect. What a "big nerf" would do is diminish the griffin as a viable flyer and lead to one less type in the air. This notion that they are the only flyers used anymore is a myth, too.

There's no doubt griffins are up there as one of the best flying mounts but they can't all be equal. Why not do something like double the time it takes to tame one and increase the kibble requirement by 50% instead?

It seems to me this was changed primarily to prevent players from dive swiping, and then pulling back to rinse and repeat. However that isn't the only way or even the safest option to chain dive swipes. It's certainly not my preferred method (especially in PvP.) I hope the devs give serious consideration to restoring the ability to pull back at sprint speed. 

I don't think the devs care about anything but the most vocal whiners in PvP. Griffin restored some much needed chaos to the servers, now they'll likely ground it and restore the status quo. At least until the Aberration dinos start being downloaded in, then we'll see whole new cries for "play my game for me devs'.

Archived