pvp Alpha tribe allies unite on certain server to purge the system

nurseSnickers1

Just love how when a tribe starts to really get their poop together and get established alphas and bets decide it's time for a purge to cleanse the server. Personally I think it's just a way to say your getting too close to getting even with us and can't have anyone close to that so they wipe you out so you either have to move or start all over seems like some folks are afraid of losing their control over servers. If you been on the server I'm speaking of in the past 12 hrs.  you know what I'm talking about. But trust your day will come when you piss off the wrong folks and you're the ones having to rebuild. And betas shouldn't Ally unless they can actually come thru on their promises of protection in these situations. 

32 minutes ago, nurseSnickers1 said:

Just love how when a tribe starts to really get their poop together and get established alphas and bets decide it's time for a purge to cleanse the server. Personally I think it's just a way to say your getting too close to getting even with us and can't have anyone close to that so they wipe you out so you either have to move or start all over seems like some folks are afraid of losing their control over servers. If you been on the server I'm speaking of in the past 12 hrs.  you know what I'm talking about. But trust your day will come when you piss off the wrong folks and you're the ones having to rebuild. And betas shouldn't Ally unless they can actually come thru on their promises of protection in these situations. 

I'm sorry to hear that and it always sucks getting wiped by an alpha, kinda makes me wonder if you were wiped off our server... Alas, it all comes down to strategy.

You are somewhat correct in your assumption that the alpha are worried that you are getting on level with them. The reason why it becomes an issue is that as you start to get more resources and get to the point where you can contest with the alphas and start fighting them over some spat and then stop their progress as they have to deal with your tribe now.

I know on my server there have been several times where a tribe has gotten big enough to warrant a reaction and instead of uniting and working on the betterment of the entire server, they get mouthy and entitled and assume that they are more important as a tribe then the collective of tribes on the server. When this happens the servers alpha now have to slowly break down your defenses and attack you meticulously over a day or two or even up to a whole week.

Many alphas combat this by just taking out smaller tribes before they can become a problem and it makes it feel like they are taking you out for being too good (which is honestly partially true!). There is fortunately a counter for this and I have seen it work to the advantage of everyone on the server and it's one very simple thing, communication!

A lot of these small tribes think staying hidden and building up quick and placing a lot of turrets will save them, but unfortunately it indicates the issue I spoke of where this new tribe will get big and mouthy and then slow everyone else down. If you break out of that shell and communicate with the servers alpha/alphas then you may sometimes see a bad response, but the majority of the time they will see that you are vested in the servers future and will sometimes even sponsor you! I've seen tribes get handed quetz and ankys and even industrial forges and grills just because they opened up and talked to the servers alphas.

If you break down the walls of isolation and silence and pledge to do things for the greater good of everyone on your server, you will likely receive a lot more support and can even become a strong ally of or even a member of your servers alpha tribe.

I'm sure there will be people who say they want to play their own way and build and do things how they want, then I will suggest you stick to single player or a private server as official is likely not for you. I hope you can get back out there and find a good server to play on! Communicate, unite, and succeed!

Thanks great advise I will take this to my tribesmen because rebuilding is of importance to us. And we really liked our friends we had gotten to know on the server and looks like maybe we can come to a resolve as we have been asked to rebuild instead of leave by beta and alpha has agree not to mess with us so your advise is greatly appreciated thanks again best of luck ark is a beast lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived