What Tools and Armor are you excited to use on the Other Islands?

ManGorilla

Just like SE gave us the Flamethrowers, Silk garments, and Preserving Salt. What tools and Armor are you excited to use on the other arks?

I have always loved the tree house platforms. It is such a cool idea, even if they need to add more to them. I am super excited for the Zip lines. They are going to make an awesome addition to the base. 

I am also excited about rock climbing picks. That will be perfect for caving on the other arks. Also, Wing suits :P

Let me know your thoughts.

I'm really looking forward to the capabilities of rock climbing picks.  For example, would you be able to climb up a structure and hang off it while placing something?

Another concern I have though, and there is probably a statement somewhere on the forums, but will players receive more engram points with the increase in engrams able to be learned?

12 hours ago, Meshi said:

Only statement we got was that we will get one free mindwipe.

That will be helpful but I am sure it will be like SE, more options and plenty of BP to help you get to where you need to be.

I am excited for the climbing picks, will be nice to not have to waste grappling hooks for a short climb. :)

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:02 PM, BlueFox91 said:

I'm excited to use the new platforms that snap to the mountains/cave sides! Those will be put to great use at my main base on SE!

I am curious how these will work. Found any resources on them yet? I wasn't sure if it needed a snap point like the tree house platform.

4 hours ago, ManGorilla said:

I am curious how these will work. Found any resources on them yet? I wasn't sure if it needed a snap point like the tree house platform.

I'm guessing it doesn't need a snap point, it will probably work like foundations do and will tell you it is obstructed if there's weird spot it can't be placed at. Gotta watch the video again, but it looked like stone and wood, and probably cementing paste, maybe some raw metal too. But definitely wood and stone are used.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:22 PM, Shimmerstep said:

from talking to the rag guys the platforms will snap to almost any stone surface unless its turned off by the map creators for that area. I got to ask a lot of questions during the twitch feed for the fundraiser.

Nice, are they just a tree house platform with a different snap point?

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:26 PM, Frogspoison said:

100% the cliff platform. Combined with the climbing picks so I can build up high without having to rely on a megalania or quetz.

You can build early off the ground! that is huge on rag which is mostly cliffs :P

Or if you made an outer base defense around your mountain lair to extend walls or make a flyer platform for a back entrance.

I hope they add some snap points for the platforms with height and distance but I doubt that :(

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:19 PM, TheSlayerNL said:

Definitely the Cliff Platforms, can't wait to start using them to build like a bridge along a cliff. I also really look forward to the wingsuits, those are gonna be fun on Ragnarok.

I am actually hoping to close the gap at the top of Pirate Cove on Rag with them!, Well mostly.

Archived