need info on bosses and rag

Colgate502

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, just wanted to say thank you! The feedback on this forum is amazing.  Never used this before, so it’s interested to see how the community is.   

Now more questions....

so does the rexes not trap the dragon anymore? I used to be on ps4 and we would just charge the dragon. Get it stuck inside us and we would just munch.  Never leveled our  rexes past 25k and leveled melee after that ending up with over 800.  So does that now look work anymore? 

Also, what do the theris need to be stat wise to go into that fight? I’ve never used guns in a boss fight. Just always the rexes. I’m interested into switching to theirs and a shotty though 

2 minutes ago, Colgate502 said:

Guys, just wanted to say thank you! The feedback on this forum is amazing.  Never used this before, so it’s interested to see how the community is.   

Now more questions....

so does the rexes not trap the dragon anymore? I used to be on ps4 and we would just charge the dragon. Get it stuck inside us and we would just munch.  Never leveled our  rexes past 25k and leveled melee after that ending up with over 800.  So does that now look work anymore? 

Also, what do the theris need to be stat wise to go into that fight? I’ve never used guns in a boss fight. Just always the rexes. I’m interested into switching to theirs and a shotty though 

Dragon trapping got fixed as it was considered abusing.
So no, you cannot do this anymore and are actually required to fight the boss now ;)

Just now, Colgate502 said:

Thanks! So what’s the stats on theris? Do they work better then rexes? How do you kill the dragon now? Same way you kill a wyvern with a giga or does it land and everyone charges? 

Stats depend on the difficulty of the fight you're going to attempt.
The most important factor is to make sure you have good saddles to reduce the damage from the dragon bites.
The breath is % based, so not much you can do about that.

You definitely want to give every Therizinosaur veggie cakes.
They will be automatically consumed by them when their HP drops and heals them up again for up to 2100 damage maximum.
So make sure your HP does not exceed the 21000 on your Therizinosaurs, cause everything above that is basically a net loss in healing.

Here's an experimental attempt we did on Alpha Dragon, it's not perfect as we lost some Therizinosaurs, but it should give you an idea about how the fight works.

There's different tactics where people also bring in weapons etc.
Our tribe personally never had a need for them, but it can definitely help you in speeding up the kill.
You'll have to find the strategy that you're most comfortable with to be honest, and it also depends on the server you're playing on or whether you're playing single player.
All these determine how difficult the fight will be in the end.

But it should get you started at least ;)

22 hours ago, Olivar said:

landed perfectly fine for us on every difficulty.

on dedi with no lag comparative

On 11/20/2017 at 10:32 AM, Colgate502 said:

okay so ive been looking for rex saddle bp's on rag. everywhere on the forums says island cave on swamp... what is the best cave to get bp's on rag?

BOSS FIGHTS!!!! im only in a 3 man tribe but we do have over 20 boss rexes and started breeding megatheriums, so id be picking up allys from the server to fill slots. but what is the easiest way to beat dragon on hard? is it still 19 rexs and a yuty or what?

We have done it fine with rexes and yut. Kill dragon first. Then keep a semi spread  pattern to reduce KO which is a big concern on this fight. Make sure yuty has food and most rexes prior to going in bc u may have to force feed. basically my group we have about 3 ppl who shoot manti in the air as well. mainly bc we like to not bc we have to. If you do i suggest wearing a gas mask and in fact a gas mask is not a bad idea since we have had a few riders get killed off rex by manti as well. I run a shottie scoped and hop of my rex and usually dump a couple hundred shot shells between manti and dragon, but i like real active play and this is most likely not even neccessary.
Also dont last hit dragon or manti in the air. We lost manti ele one time bc..... time was short with him not landing and figured better he die than us so i smoked him. and we lost dragon one time bc he got chomped by a rex b4 it actually got all the way landed. yes we checked rexes and dragon
OH and this is done regularly on PC PVE official new servers

39 minutes ago, Colgate502 said:

Thanks! So what’s the stats on theris? Do they work better then rexes? How do you kill the dragon now? Same way you kill a wyvern with a giga or does it land and everyone charges? 

you cant get comperable theri stats right now if you are on new servers. Legacy and dedis can.

21 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

you cant get comperable theri stats right now if you are on new servers. Legacy and dedis can.

Comparable theris already exist on new servers, just not with smaller tribes. I have friends playing on Xbox with 28k hp and 1k dog on their thero currently, however they stole the egg in a raid and have nothing to breed with LOL.

As for manticore not landing on rag. When solo I personally pack my Rex's around the rock elementals once they have spawned (rinse dragon first ofc) the Rex's continue to attack the elementals once they are dead for some reason and as the manticore does its stupid passes it takes a fair number of hits, usually gets me through alpha with 15-20 minutes left if I'm too lazy to shoot. Plus the manticore seems to have trouble with the rock elemental corpses to the extent where It has once gotten trapped in 3 Rock elemental bodies. 

Just focus one elemental at a time to take them out quicker or the damage eventually adds up.

19 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

on dedi with no lag comparative

Irrelevant. lag has nothing to do with it.

20 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

We have done it fine with rexes and yut. Kill dragon first. Then keep a semi spread  pattern to reduce KO which is a big concern on this fight. Make sure yuty has food and most rexes prior to going in bc u may have to force feed. basically my group we have about 3 ppl who shoot manti in the air as well. mainly bc we like to not bc we have to. If you do i suggest wearing a gas mask and in fact a gas mask is not a bad idea since we have had a few riders get killed off rex by manti as well. I run a shottie scoped and hop of my rex and usually dump a couple hundred shot shells between manti and dragon, but i like real active play and this is most likely not even neccessary.
Also dont last hit dragon or manti in the air. We lost manti ele one time bc..... time was short with him not landing and figured better he die than us so i smoked him. and we lost dragon one time bc he got chomped by a rex b4 it actually got all the way landed. yes we checked rexes and dragon
OH and this is done regularly on PC PVE official new servers

Gas mask definitely helps when soaking the bolts from Manticore to negate the torpor, but it's not required if you're it's primary target and simply keep moving. Depending on your advancement, gas masks might be quite hard to make actually. 
Avoided indeed killing it mid-air if you can, but depending on time and the damage you are taking, it's often better to cut your losses and simply get the kill.

22 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

You do not required top-end breed Dinosaurs for these fights. Mediocre saddles are sufficient with Therizinosaurs
And there's already Theri's up for trade that come pretty close to the ones used in the videos.

@Colgate502 : The recommended tactic is to ignore the golems as much as you can, but depending on your setup they might pose a danger to your dino's in this fight. So It's recommended to take some rocket launchers along if you can with sufficient rockets and shoot them down if you safely can do so. But mind the explosions as they can and will kill you or your dinosaurs if you're not careful.  We needed a complete barrage of rockets/rocket launcher to take down a golem.

9 minutes ago, Saupe said:

Comparable theris already exist on new servers, just not with smaller tribes. I have friends playing on Xbox with 28k hp and 1k dog on their thero currently, however they stole the egg in a raid and have nothing to breed with LOL.

As for manticore not landing on rag. When solo I personally pack my Rex's around the rock elementals once they have spawned (rinse dragon first ofc) the Rex's continue to attack the elementals once they are dead for some reason and as the manticore does its stupid passes it takes a fair number of hits, usually gets me through alpha with 15-20 minutes left if I'm too lazy to shoot. Plus the manticore seems to have trouble with the rock elemental corpses to the extent where It has once gotten trapped in 3 Rock elemental bodies. 

Just focus one elemental at a time to take them out quicker or the damage eventually adds up.

are you saying 28k hp and 1k melee base stat? And my statement about not having comparable is not on xbox it is pc-pve i guess i missed what platform he was on.

8 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Irrelevant. lag has nothing to do with it.

Gas mask definitely helps when soaking the bolts from Manticore to negate the torpor, but it's not required if you're it's primary target and simply keep moving. Depending on your advancement, gas masks might be quite hard to make actually. 
Avoided indeed killing it mid-air if you can, but depending on time and the damage you are taking, it's often better to cut your losses and simply get the kill.

You do not required top-end breed Dinosaurs for these fights. Mediocre saddles are sufficient with Therizinosaurs
And there's already Theri's up for trade that come pretty close to the ones used in the videos.

@Colgate502 : The recommended tactic is to ignore the golems as much as you can, but depending on your setup they might pose a danger to your dino's in this fight. So It's recommended to take some rocket launchers along if you can with sufficient rockets and shoot them down if you safely can do so. But mind the explosions as they can and will kill you or your dinosaurs if you're not careful.  We needed a complete barrage of rockets/rocket launcher to take down a golem.

gas masks appear to negate the glitch kills off ur mount by manti as i have been direct attacked multiple times and no insta kills but other tribemates have. And lag causes instability which causes sketchy ai. making it more difficult to hit bc it is moving erratically and hard to lead and it also messes with manticores calculation process to decide who to focus and where to land. So LAG definitely matters.

1 minute ago, bigfishrob said:

gas masks appear to negate the glitch kills off ur mount by manti as i have been direct attacked multiple times and no insta kills but other tribemates have. And lag causes instability which causes sketchy ai. making it more difficult to hit bc it is moving erratically and hard to lead and it also messes with manticores calculation process to decide who to focus and where to land. So LAG definitely matters.

Glitch kills?
What are you talking about?
I've face-tanked Manticore on top of a Therizinosaur without gas-mask and never got insta killed by it.

Turrets will fix the problem you described with the AI, cause that's no lag caused, that's simply your server not being able to calculate the projections in time.

1 minute ago, Olivar said:

Glitch kills?
What are you talking about?
I've face-tanked Manticore on top of a Therizinosaur without gas-mask and never got insta killed by it.

Turrets will fix the problem you described with the AI, cause that's no lag caused, that's simply your server not being able to calculate the projections in time.

glitch kills. the manticore attacks and splash gas dmg inst gibs rider of a rex very rarely. Im on PVE boss turret changes wont mean jack. servers full huge structure the cpu's prob overloaded causing glitchy jump behavior and issues with calculating the landing and targeting. We typically call it lag as most ppl do thought it is not truly "lag" per say. Maybe if you played official you would understand. one minute manti is here next he is 20 yrds higher in air, next it is bounce all across other side of map. This is big reason manti is hard to land. it is typically much easier to land on scorched bc it is still less crowded and server lag is not as bad. I know you think you have the only way, which u didnt even pioneer since there were several videos of somebody doing it months before release when the dragon first became harder to pin, but you are not in official environment still so some stuff may relate some stuff flat out wont. server lag affects boss ai, so you have to do things to make calculations easier. we have tried a lot of dif things including pheromone darts, to un mounted riders to spreading ect.

A perfect example we do hard manti with 10 rex and a yut. we where doing a farm run on med the other day and a jerk survivor decided to piggy back a free ride after we asked him not too. we got down to under 2 mins with the same set of rexes we kill hard and have 5-8 mins left over all bc there was this xtra prick thrown into manticore calculations sitting around on the platform. we kited the golems and baited poison blasts ect trying to get him out. As soon as we finally got the slippery guy killed boss behaved predictably again as expected barely leaving us enough time to finish.

20 hours ago, dslick said:

Do Theriz do more damage against the golems?

I have been doing the fight solo, and it is basically a flip of the coin if I can kill manicore or not.....

we tested trying to kill golems down with theriz seemed unproductive. kiting seems optimal. we kite them way out and kite circles.

2 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

are you saying 28k hp and 1k melee base stat? And my statement about not having comparable is not on xbox it is pc-pve i guess i missed what platform he was on.

No, it's current stats, I d not know the hatch. 

Also, if tribes on Xbox official on new servers have managed to tame/breed out the required therizino, why would it not be achievable on PC?

1 hour ago, Toqs said:

I wonder if you can bring 1 turtle in and load it up with flowers and leave it in a corner bringing all golems to it 

This used to work really well with a player ridden turtle. But he manticore ended up repeatedly targeting the turtle so we changed tactic.

27 minutes ago, Saupe said:

No, it's current stats, I d not know the hatch. 

Also, if tribes on Xbox official on new servers have managed to tame/breed out the required therizino, why would it not be achievable on PC?

This used to work really well with a player ridden turtle. But he manticore ended up repeatedly targeting the turtle so we changed tactic.

not sure about the differences from one platform to the other. plus most of the time it is one lucky fella that finally gets the good stats in a breed then most breeding revolve around that

3 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

not sure about the differences from one platform to the other. plus most of the time it is one lucky fella that finally gets the good stats in a breed then most breeding revolve around that

There pretty much identical. dino stat wise atleast anyway. But yeah, its all down to luck, does not mean it is not possible currently on PC to get the stats.

16 hours ago, Saupe said:

There pretty much identical. dino stat wise atleast anyway. But yeah, its all down to luck, does not mean it is not possible currently on PC to get the stats.

like i said it usually is dependent on who gets a better starting tame to mutate. apparently some xbox ppl have had far better luck than pc yet. So the base breed aint available yet for mutating. if it is nobody is talking or trading it

On 22/11/2017 at 3:10 PM, bigfishrob said:

like i said it usually is dependent on who gets a better starting tame to mutate. apparently some xbox ppl have had far better luck than pc yet. So the base breed aint available yet for mutating. if it is nobody is talking or trading it

yeah, the breeds will stay within the mega alliance or alpha tribe that lucked in. They do exist btw.

Theros are being used by atleast one mega on official PC for dragon already, they are running with 1 yut, 2 daedon, 15 theros and 2 deer. They are not losing theros often but occasionally lose a daedon to lava/firebreath. 

On 11/23/2017 at 9:13 AM, Saupe said:

yeah, the breeds will stay within the mega alliance or alpha tribe that lucked in. They do exist btw.

Theros are being used by atleast one mega on official PC for dragon already, they are running with 1 yut, 2 daedon, 15 theros and 2 deer. They are not losing theros often but occasionally lose a daedon to lava/firebreath. 

If they are using deer then they are just exploiting it most likely anyhow. It aint that bad for crazy setups. We did even alpha dtagon today. 1 deer. 1yut. 1 baryonix and 17 rexes. Had prob 10 mins leftover

8 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

If they are using deer then they are just exploiting it most likely anyhow. It aint that bad for crazy setups. We did even alpha dtagon today. 1 deer. 1yut. 1 baryonix and 17 rexes. Had prob 10 mins leftover

The deer were being used to try and save daedron lol if the dragon wants the pig a few good fire breaths and they are roast boar. However he would rather chase a deer half the time. Was a pretty interesting fight tbh. They might release a vid next week but are trying to trim it down to only needing 4 players for easier farming lol.

We are talking about not exploiting the boss though, I have no interest in sitting under dragon on a deer for 10 minutes. Where as a thero army a daedon and a yut works 2 man with 30k Hp and 1k melee if your willing to take a decent amount of losses for the tekgrams.

Then read the first turret change post where the right hand says tasty cakes are integral for certain boss fights so they have to be careful changing them (they intend people to use herbivores against dragon, only herbivore with the dps are therizinos) 

Archived