need info on bosses and rag

Colgate502

okay so ive been looking for rex saddle bp's on rag. everywhere on the forums says island cave on swamp... what is the best cave to get bp's on rag?

BOSS FIGHTS!!!! im only in a 3 man tribe but we do have over 20 boss rexes and started breeding megatheriums, so id be picking up allys from the server to fill slots. but what is the easiest way to beat dragon on hard? is it still 19 rexs and a yuty or what?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easiest way for Dragon is therizinosaurs.
Your rexes are most likely going to die since they don' have any healing mechanism to deal with the 25% HP based breath attack.
If your rexes cannot kill the Dragon before it's third flamebreath, they're pretty much dead.

You can try tanking and rotating the tanking rex every breath attack, but this will depend largely on whether the dragon is going to be interested in the other rexes when you stop attacking. But it's definitely a viable tactic if you have a few people helping you out, just be prepared for losses

3 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Easiest way for Dragon is therizinosaurs.
Your rexes are most likely going to die since they don' have any healing mechanism to deal with the 25% HP based breath attack.
If your rexes cannot kill the Dragon before it's third flamebreath, they're pretty much dead.

You can try tanking and rotating the tanking rex every breath attack, but this will depend largely on whether the dragon is going to be interested in the other rexes when you stop attacking. But it's definitely a viable tactic if you have a few people helping you out, just be prepared for losses

its 20%

1 minute ago, romanaka3 said:

its 20%

Fine, you can handle one breath extra then :D

1 minute ago, romanaka3 said:

Most troblsome isnt dragon but manticore it almost dosnt land

Manticore is a joke. Even if he doesn't land that often, you can wreck him up with guns pretty hard.
And when he swoops in for the attack, your attacks will hit him.

I did Alpha arena two nights ago on rag official.  18 rex's 1 yuty 1 daeodon. Dragon gets torn to shreds....you need to bring 10 people with all flak/riot and asc pump-shotguns with 300 rounds each. As soon as dragon is down you hop off rex and shoot manticore until it lands. Theriz might work better but I think you may have to have lv 300-350 to keep up with torp. 

Dragon died in the first 5min. 

Manticore took 10-15min of shooting 

Just now, Toqs said:

I did Alpha arena two nights ago on rag official.  18 rex's 1 yuty 1 daeodon. Dragon gets torn to shreds....you need to bring 10 people with all flak/riot and asc pump-shotguns with 300 rounds each. As soon as dragon is down you hop off rex and shoot manticore until it lands. Theriz might work better but I think you may have to have lv 300-350 to keep up with torp. 

can be done with even as few as three people

2 minutes ago, Toqs said:

I believe so but they would need to bring a lot of ammo. I'd like to see how few you can bring and still make time

We had 2 people with shotguns and used around 50 - 75 bullets each.
Ragnarok boss encounter is so easy you actually need effort to die there.
We're a three man tribe and wrecked it easily.

1 minute ago, Olivar said:

We had 2 people with shotguns and used around 50 - 75 bullets each.
Ragnarok boss encounter is so easy you actually need effort to die there.
We're a three man tribe and wrecked it easily.

Was this on alpha? We had 10 people with asc pumps and we all used 200+ on it. Then again....manticore was only on ground for maybe a total of 10s

Just now, Olivar said:

Think it was. We maybe used a few more shots, I might be wrong on the numbers.
Pretty sure Meshi will come soon and correct my numbers :D

We three-manned it for sure and basically blaster it from the sky.

Yeah...regardless it's much easier than people make it out to be. You just have to come with guns and ammo and expect to spend 75% of the fight shooting manticore

5 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Think it was. We maybe used a few more shots, I might be wrong on the numbers.
Pretty sure Meshi will come soon and correct my numbers :D

We three-manned it for sure and basically blaster it from the sky.

Ok, correction comming. We two man Alpha  ragnarok arena. We shred dragon with therezino army of doom in few seconds. Even that therezinos managed to chew manticore about 20-30% down we must end its life with shotguns. Ihad ascended pump action shotgun with  roughly 300 dmg (hail ice cave) and I used 100-120 shells.Oli had assault rifle some poopty quality and shot 4-6 clips. Therezinos had almost no issue with torpor (thick skin buff) but my yuty was drogy quite a time.

I agree 75% time was shooting manticore.

13 minutes ago, dslick said:

They indeed trap my tames :P and I tried ignoring them completely on passive for the remainder of the 40 minute fight, they manage to kill a few of my rexes! 120 saddle 30k hp.

I've had 1-2 get trapped before but it wasn't a game changer. After dragon is down you should be dismounted shooting manticore anyways. If you have enough shooters with asc guns the fight shouldnt last more than 20min total.

My information comes from doing it on official PVE.  Unofficial can be done with less im guessing. Better dinos/better guns.

Archived