Rocket vs Plant X

BangersInc

Haven't used rockets in a while, has anything been changes on official Xbox servers that allows plants to stop rockets hitting structures? When using them before they seemed to be faster than the plants. Are plants more accurate in hitting the rockets mid air now or does the rocket still have the edge? Obviously I know there's a chance for them to make contact but how likely is it? 

56 minutes ago, Meshi said:

Turrets stops rockets. And also you can build nice metal crop plot protection for plants X.

I know turrets murder them, but can they get past plant x? Just wondered If anything has changes regarding plant x being able to hit rockets in motion as before they always seemed too slow yo catch them. 

Problem with armored crop plots is that they often fail to shoot, have limited firing arcs and can still be easily destroyed by dinos.

Plants will shoot at incoming explosive projectiles.  In order for them to actually hit the rocket, though, you need to be coming at about a 45 degree angle above the plant and straight at it.  I'd say even then 1/10 rockets will get shot.  Plants definitely shoot rockets, but only hit rarely.

22 minutes ago, Brayn said:

Problem with armored crop plots is that they often fail to shoot, have limited firing arcs and can still be easily destroyed by dinos.

Plants will shoot at incoming explosive projectiles.  In order for them to actually hit the rocket, though, you need to be coming at about a 45 degree angle above the plant and straight at it.  I'd say even then 1/10 rockets will get shot.  Plants definitely shoot rockets, but only hit rarely.

RTrue. Method on video can be improved.Replace railing witch is obstructing plant "view" with stuck fence foundation and use pillar lowering technique to put pillar more into ground and you can  highly improve plant "view".Armored plants can't be destroyed by one hand grenade and that is what I wanted to show.  Thats is as I said I dont think that plants can shoot of rocket (or you can rely on that they will do), Turret is better to do that job.

Archived