Aberration delay

iHardcoreTiger

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hyping sh!it up and then delay it. that´s the way it goes. Only thing is to give sh!it about every kind of releasedate that Wc gives you. 
it happened so often now... it´s just the regular thing. I wonder why people still get mad about it.. because updates and dlc getting delayed is allways the case. you can 100% expect that.

1. The map is HUGE, this map is probably the size of the island horizontally, but what about vertically, there's three layers The Surface, The Main Caves, and The Other tiny caves connecting to them, So the map probably isn't finished yet

2. The new creatures must be full of bugs and glitches.

3. The wingsuit and The Climbing Picks etc. must be full of bugs too.

These are probably the reasons for the delay.

1. Based what we say on TwitchCon videos I doubt that map is that huge. It's definitely not 3 overlapping island maps. We been said that map is made from 4 biomes. The surface is spiky waste land with no live and its source of materials and obelisks. Then we have fertile chamber which  took roughly 1/8 of map (based on what we saw as mini map in videos). Then we have bioluminescent biome we saw just part of.  And elemental chamber which supposed to be located on bottom level. If I assume that every under surface biome is 1/8 size of map the map is about 150% size of Island.

2.Only few of new creatures introduce new mechanic. From what we saw charge mechanic is already implemented and effects on creatures wasn't buggy. Gliding looks awkward in hands of RPers but if you will check Rag devs playing that gliding felt pretty awesome. Zip and cliff platforms lines was also functional. We know there should be roughly 10 new creatures for expansion. 4 of them are glow pets. And from other we saw crab, rockdrake, nameless, reaper in action. Only buggy one was reaper queen which was force tamed. Question is how much buggy are last 3 creatures we didn't see in action (which is molerat and Dart from Stranger Things and zipline climbing kangaroo).

3. Climbing pick didnt saw to be buggy at all what surprised me. Wingsuit has same awkwardness in hands of RPers as rockdrake. So hard to say there.

What we know it's not finished is balancing. That means which creatures will be breathable, how much resources will new stuff cost. State of tentacle boss fight and possible ascension. Which makes sense to do balance after introduction of all features. But I truly believe is delaying  of aberration release is actually other stuff then aberration finishing. Sauron eye is pointing at other problems and finishing was gradually slowed down because of it.

At this point i guess we should all expect this. But seriously, two delays on an official dlc that already had a release date set up? Thats one fast track way to lose your credibility as a game developer. Especially right after "officially releasing" the game. And there's no transparency from the devs on this whatsoever.

For those who dont know, the release window is December now. I fully dont expect that we will get the dlc til 2018 at this point.

• Volunteer Moderator

The DLC has been delayed once. It was due in October and it was announced it was delayed by "some" weeks.

Yes Steam was changed from October 2017 to Coming 2017 to November 2017 and now December 2017, however, there was no actual announcement that it was going to be released in November. It was stated it was delayed by some weeks and will be dropping before 2017 is out.

So really it has only been delayed once (October) and the next ETA is December.

1 hour ago, GP said:

The DLC has been delayed once. It was due in October and it was announced it was delayed by "some" weeks.

Yes Steam was changed from October 2017 to Coming 2017 to November 2017 and now December 2017, however, there was no actual announcement that it was going to be released in November. It was stated it was delayed by some weeks and will be dropping before 2017 is out.

So really it has only been delayed once (October) and the next ETA is December.

Actually it was delayed twice, if you watched the page on steam it originally said that it was releasing in November, then after they initially delayed it the date switched to October. And now, it says December.

So yes, it was delayed twice 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Bugs5567 said:

Actually it was delayed twice, if you watched the page on steam it originally said that it was releasing in November, then after they initially delayed it the date switched to October. And now, it says December.

So yes, it was delayed twice 

Clearly you failed to read what I said.

Unless of course you are claiming the original month for release was November, then it changed to October (which wouldn't be a delay) and then December, i'm pretty sure that's what you just said.

But they never announced November as being a new release month like they did October. All that changed was the month on Steam but that would be because October was no longer a possibility. Steam changing to November wasn't an official announcement of a release, the official announcement of release after the first delay was it will drop before 2017 is out.

Archived