New 'Heavy Turret' Incoming

Kraken

• Volunteer Moderator

6 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

Don't suppose you can link it?

I will link you more useful instead: https://arkdevtracker.com/

Just now, Kraken said:

Well, sort of anyway :$ I really wish I could edit my posts!

You can edit your post. Check bottom left corner.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Kraken said:

I can't for some reason, nor do reactions, the options just aren't there for me. I've reported it and never had a response. But that's not important right now xD

Where did you report it? Best place would be: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/16925-forum-updatessuggestions/

8 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

There, directly to Chris on Twitter, and other places as well. It's not a biggy really, and my link seems to have tidied itself up any way, so all good xD 

3 minutes ago, Racidon said:

Likely because as a tester you'll have a separate forum role and the permissions weren't set correctly.

Probably something like that, it's certainly linked to my account since it doesn't matter what browser or device I'm on. Like I say, not normally a biggy.

Anyhoos, back on topic, more big badda boom things! Yay!

Honestly they need to make them armor piercing for them to be of any use. Or actually allowing us to target the player on a stego. Or stop people from using weapons on the back of a stego.

Basically the devs brought extra turrets upon themselves.

They allowed cross-server (so more people to defend against) - I actually like this mechanic imo

They then upped the difficulty to 5 giving kibble tamed creatures at most another 44 levels that could be put into them. - ultimately making the game so easy

They buffed the poop out of stegos

They gave us mounted weapon systems - I like this, but it is also broken for some creatures

They added a player created map that makes finding those crazy high stat dinos easier and faster - spawn rates of X level should be the same regardless of map

With the increased difficulty came higher chances to find better saddle bps/armor bps

All of these have made the need to a crazy amount of turrets a requirement.

Lastly I'd like to add I highly doubt that turrets are the sole cause of player experienced lag. It's more like the software not being able to handle 70 people all downloading the same information at the same time and requiring more items/dinos to be rendered in. I know this because regardless of whether a megatribe is actually at the base attacking or setting up a fob, once that server is hitting limit the ping gets insane and you get crazy rubber banding.

A start would be removing all the coel from the ocean. Add another fish that is client side only, no one really even bothers with those. They're just pointless cpu/ram takers...

Archived