pvp EPOCH - Aberration/Rag/SE [15xTa,2xGa,3xExp] Active Community [Cluster]

SteamPunk

epochmod.thumb.png.05de5b252ee476dab14cdef42690353d.png

Hello and thank you for taking the time to check out our community here at Epoch Playground Worlds. We are a role play community and are hoping to build our ranks with some new rpers and experienced ones all the same.

Server Names : EPOCH PLAYGROUND WORLDS
Server Location : Los Angeles, CA
Server IP : 37.10.124.31:21000

DIRECT CONNECT: RAG https://server.nitrado.net/usa/s/EpochPlaygroundWorlds  -click the connect button under the EPOCH banner to connect through steam
Keep in mind that joining via this method may take more than one attempt as the game may need to download and install the server mods.

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/HkSVcZv
There is a Ark section in the discord - please introduce yourself there if you wish. 

Server Founded: 10/31/2017

rules_Features.thumb.png.9b02c3569cdfa8b9e2036cd06f3b1c8d.png

• Quality Roleplay!
    • However not everyones super good at roleplaying sometimes, so please leave elitist attitudes at the door. It's a learning experience for some.
  • Server updates as soon as they deploy.
  • Server Cluster - Currently Disabled but looking to do it again
  • CURRENT Server Cluster: RAG/SE/ABERR
  • Immersive Currency and Bounty system
    • The server utilizes the Capitalism mod and makes use of the currency system for trade with other players. 
    • The Server has set up a neutral tradepost for selling and buying mats/eggs/dino's these grounds are to be respected and not abused.
    • The Trade Tables at the trading post are automated and monitored, They use a supply and demand feature that makes it to where people can not spam sell mats.
  • Server Events
    • There will be several server events where people have a change to win extra things such as extra currency to dino skins and player skins. 
  • Server Arena
    • There is a giant arena that players will be able to challenge other players and spectators can watch and bet on.
    • The arena will also be used in conjunction to the server events and people have a chance to earn many things to include custom default dino skins. 
  • Active Admins
    • We have a few admins who are regularly on and monitor the server. 
    • There are also designated community moderators who help with server management.
  • Admins remain neutral but still play
    • Admins play on the server and use their powers to address problems on the server.
    • Admins are people too and enjoy playing, They may enter into alliances with tribes on the server, however this does not mean they are abusing their powers to help those tribes.
    • If you have an issue with an admin or you believe an admin is abusing their power, please report it to the owner. They are viewed as players as well and are not immune to the rules.
  • Boosted Tame/Player Fortitude
    • This server is meant for people with real lives and thus we felt that taming should not be a half a day burden for every single dino. You will find almost every tame is no more than a hour here.
    • We felt that player Fortitude needed a increase as so when it rains with some outfits you would not simply freeze to death anywhere on the map. Death snow area's still will kill you however.
  • Offline Raid Protection
    • We felt that people should be able to log off and not worry about their dino's and or base. so after 800 seconds your stuff is safe.

Rules, Guidelines & Features for EPOCH Playground Worlds

Bounty Hunter System

• There is a bounty hunter board at the trade post and can be utilized to place a dead/or/alive bounty on a player.
  • If you place a bounty on somone you may only try to capture or KOS them in the open world. (does not mean you can camp their front door)

Trade Post

• There is a trade post in the center of the map.
  • These grounds are strictly NEUTRAL to all parties unless you are at war with someone, or you are chasing someone with a bounty on their head.

BOSSES Events/Battles

• From time to time there may be a gathering of people who wish to fight boss's to gain element for tech gear. Anyone is free to join up when these are announced.
  • Before the battle the group will agree FIRST on how the rewards will be divided up.
  • The rewards should be divided based on the contributions of each member. (If I bring 2 Rex and you bring 1, I should get Twice as much as you)

Declaring War

• A Tribe may declare war on anyone who is also a clan who is fine with pvp. (you can not declare war on somone who has marked their base to signify they wish to remain PVE
  • If your tribe and another tribe have openly announced they are at war with each other then they may freely KOS each other out in the open (the below KOS rules will be exempt only in this case)

General Rules

• No KOS. (Kill on Sight)

Exceptions to this rule:
KOS is allowed at PVP player bases as long as the base has followed the guidelines outlined below in BASE CONDUCT 
- If you are the owner of the base and you see a player you wish to waylay near your base by all means do so and roleplay it out even.
- you may not simply kill the player out right without roleplay.

KOS is allowed at Supply Drops. However there are conditions for this:
- Combat at a supply drop is anonymous and there are no reprocussions for it. Even if your logs tell you who killed you, you may NOT take revenge.
- If you plan on contesting the drop. You must stand your ground and combat the person around the supply crate. However if the fight is too much, you can flee.
- You may not give chase to the individuals looting the drop. If you want to combat them, you'll have to do so from the area of the supply crate or where it once was.
- You may not combat someone you THINK looted a supply crate, you have to be within visibility range to see the crate before it's destruction to engage the people around it.
- You may not camp a supply drop. You may only go to them with the intention of immediately looting them. 
- You may not kill a riderless dino if the rider is already dead. However if the creature is attacking you, or has turrets that are shooting at you, you may kill it in self defense.
KOS is also allowed in Caves. However there are conditions for this:
- Combat in Caves are anonymous and there are no reprocussions for it. Even if your logs tell you who killed you, you may NOT take revenge.  (If we feel as though this gets out of hand, we will add reprocussions)
- You may not camp the entrances of caves,However placing IED's and traps is totally fine.
- You may not engage in pvp in Caves with fliers in ANY fashion. Not even for if it's just for transport to jump off and engage on foot. If you do, that person can freely KOS you or your bird to defend themselves, but you cannot KOS them.
- You may not give chase to the individuals that flee outside of a cave. Once they make it outside, they are free from pursuit. (Outside of cave means there is sky over your head)
- If you have a base that is within 100 feet from a cave entrance and you constantly use it as a launching pad to attack people in the caves, it may be raided
- You may not kill a riderless dino if the rider is already dead. However if the creature is attacking you, or has turrets that are shooting at you, you may kill it in self defense.
- You may not engage people outside the caves, or shoot into the caves. Combat must only occur within the confines of the caves.

• Please do not complain about KOS in chat.
    • Simply take a screenshot and send a admin message with the screenshot.
  • Please limit meta-gaming when it involves PVP or War
    • As in, do not mix information you know of out of character into information your character knows
    • This is a lax rule when it comes to certain scenarios. But when it involves combat, and potential out of character drama, do not drag it ingame please, it can ruin it for everyone.
    • Examples of metagaming would be utelising nameplates of creatures for gain, nameplates of players, nameplates of structures and so on.
  • Roleplay is a requirement.
    • However the roleplay doesn't have to be SUPER serious, it can be goofy and odd.
  • Robbery is allowed, so long as whats taken is within reason.
    • Dont take everything. Make it roleplay friendly.
  • Theft of objects from open containers (Not pinned) is allowed.
    • So long as you dont have to destroy anything to get at the objects, or kill any dinosaurs to do it. If your doors are left open and containers unlocked, your things are free for the taking.
  • Wyverns, Rock Elementals. and Gigas are not allowed to be used in PvP or War if you have a obvious advantage over the tribe you are fighting (dont be a sausage)
    • They can not be left on neutral either for self defense against other players. (leaving them at neutral for base protection is fine)
    • You are not allowed to use Rock elemental or giga to safely loot supply crates either.

BASE CONDUCT

• IF YOU ARE PVE ONLY
    • Make Sure to paint your base your tribe colors any way you like as long as people can tell its painted.
  • IF YOU ARE PVP ONLY
    • DO NOT paint your base in any way (this is to let other know to stay away from you and that you are generally hostile to those around your base)
  • No blocking or extensive building within caves and underwater caverns
    • We would like to have events like treasure hunts that will use the caves (Building to the point of blocking both supply drops and spawns. Essentially anything beyond 2 foundations is excessive)
    • We have one exception to this rule of course, so long as they do not build in underwater caves that are near supply drops. Your roleplay has to be centered around underwater life/culture.
    • Simply wanting a cave to be a tryhard to use it as a pvp advantage or a good place to hide your loot will not be tolerated.
  • Behemoth/Dino Gate Wall Spam should only be a temporary solution, and not a permanent one.
    • Bases with outer walls that are just dinosaur gates or behemoth gates should be replaced with walls as soon as possible. It's an uncreative and ugly design, as well as a tryhard attempt at protection.
    • Any bases with these long term will have their walls destroyed.
  • No blatantly disrespectful/racist/trollish character names. Names have to be RP oriented.
    • However names can be humorous, so long as it's still classy. 

Server_settings.thumb.png.3d2acf50dbced2f7ba6c7af1d935fba6.png

• DifficultyOffset=1 (Lvl 150 Dinos)
  • 3x Experience
  • 2x Gather
  • 15x Tame Speed (people have real lives and do not have time to babysit the game)
  • 2x HarvestEXPMultiplier
  • 0.5 Egg Laying Interval (Less=More Edible Eggs)
  • 2x PerLevelStatsMultiplier_Player[7] (+4 To Player Fortitude per level)
  • 0.5 MatingIntervalMultiplier (Less=More breeding)
  • 5.0 BabyCuddleGracePeriodMultiplier (If you step away for a bit, you wont lose already made progress for quite some time.)
  • 10x EggHatchSpeedMultiplier
  • 5x BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier
  • 5x Baby Imprinting Stats Multiplier
  • 0.5 Cuddle Interval (With the faster breeding, this helps)
  • PvPDecay=1
  • AutoSavePeriodMinutes=15
  • ShowFloatingDamageText=True
  • AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle=True
  • bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos=true (Spike walls kill wild dinos)
  • Tribe Size limit=8 (may change in the future)

Collection With All Mods

Issues joining?
Q: When I try to join for the first time, it keeps giving me 'Connection Timed Out" error.
A: This typically means you haven't pre-installed all the mods that are on the server. Click through all of the mods listed above and click Subscribe when logged into your steam account. This will enable them for download through your steam client. Give it time, there are a lot of them. However sometimes this means the mods have failed to install properly. I will offer up a detailed walkthrough (Or link one) of how to fix this in the near future.
Q: I cant join, it's saying "Make sure your server is up to date on mods"
A: If you see this, please PM me asap so I can restart the server to install the mod updates.
Q: I cant see the server in my list.
A: This could mean the server is either restarting, or the server isn't up to date on it's mods. You can confirm this by joining via the IP,  or off of a friend who's on the server. Check the Updates & Info section below for up to date information.
Q: Isn't EPOCH a ARMA 3 thing?
A: YES!!! and Epoch Playground Worlds is run by the Developers of EPOCH

Hey @CarterUmbras 

we have had almost everyone including myself the first time trying to join the server to be the most annoying. (I DONT KNOW WHY) but make sure the search filter is on pvp, Ragnarok and unofficial, and I say give it a min or two to filter. If that doesnt work feel free to add me on steam and join off of me. My name on steam is  [VB] SteemPunkGears

I found a solution that may work

- There is a new link listed above that has a direct connect feature https://server.nitrado.net/usa/s/EpochPlaygroundWorlds

Guest Steampunkphoenix

I am very much a carebear and PvE type of player. Rarely do I engage in PvP. It's nice to play on a server and have a sense of ownership without the worry of raids. There are rules in place if you want to partake in those activities, so everyone is protected. I have a lovely two-story base and some dinos. I remember trying to play on an official server ages ago and simply saw no fun in it. The time it takes to do anything on this server is appropriately set. Happy to see a fun, friendly community who share nothing but kind words. NO drama! 

Guest Steampunkphoenix

5a23c87a569ef_ARKReviewTestSize.thumb.jpg.871c3f161f5e210166b5665aa6174b39.jpg

My new base is progressing along nicely. Got help relocating to a new area. I've been on numerous adventures and even got lost a few times. Thankfully the others on the server came to my rescue, especially when I got lost in a dark cave! All tribes work together like a family. I haven't had this much fun in a game in a long time. I've played over 113 hours already within a short time! The admin is doing a wonderful job keeping things organized and current while taking everyone's feedback into consideration. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived