I cant really see the point of moving?

GriffinGolemGaming

5 minutes ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Mind giving me some lottery numbers while you're making predictions? Maybe throw in some end of the world dates?

Its not the same , winnig lottery is a rare chance to happen it might never happen , but the world will end eventually the same as legacy its just a matter of time ,  but you dont need to be mystic meg to know that legacy will be wiped pretty soon and you will lose your progress.

Just now, SmokeyB said:

Its not the same , winnig lottery is a rare chance to happen it might never happen , but the world will end eventually the same as legacy its just a matter of time ,  but you dont need to be mystic meg to know that legacy will be wiped pretty soon and you will lose your progress.

Mmm.. I disagree. Legacy may get wiped eventually, sure.

But, why would we lose progress? They gave the old server data of the ones they wiped back to the community as promised, so.. how is that lost progress?

Stop trying to stir up poop.

Myself and some mates hung in on legacy till they made the active pve legacy saves available a week ago.We have now rented a server and have it hosted.Its honestly the best thing we have ever done in Ark.

We have wiped most of the bases off the map and ive never played on a smoother server since doing this.The rates have been slightly increased but nothing OP,,no tame limit,no pillar spam,no trolls.

All of us are building new bases in prime spots we've never had a chance at getting before.

2 hours ago, Extraterrestrial said:

But, why would we lose progress? They gave the old server data of the ones they wiped back to the community as promised, so.. how is that lost progress?

Playing on your own single player world ? Thats all progress lost , the rexs you bred for months are worthless as you can just spawn in a lvl 4500 alpha rex , look at the example above , he wiped the map and boosted the rates , at that point what is the point of the save 

52 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

Playing on your own single player world ? Thats all progress lost , the rexs you bred for months are worthless as you can just spawn in a lvl 4500 alpha rex , look at the example above , he wiped the map and boosted the rates , at that point what is the point of the save 

Yeah but where is the fun in typing in an admin command to progress ? Half the point of the game is the grind up to progress. All he did was wipe the people not playing and boosted the rates to make the grind bearable. Not the same as spawning in a high level alpha rex to cheese the bosses lol

5 hours ago, Extraterrestrial said:

hows that legacy been goin for yall? having a good time on your death bed, just resetting timers and feeding dinos?

We're still on legacy, having fun;

breeding and taming as much as we want, building without being blocked by pillars, together with our allies, doing boss runs and so on. I'm happy we didn't leave for the new servers.

If our server closes we might keep the save file as our private server, with permanent 2x and maybe 4x breeding, no auto-decay of structures. There are so many nice places on rag where I'd like to build small houses. Kinda looking forward to this, building new structures with the help of my legacy dinos.

10 hours ago, edskelly said:

Myself and some mates hung in on legacy till they made the active pve legacy saves available a week ago.We have now rented a server and have it hosted.Its honestly the best thing we have ever done in Ark.

We have wiped most of the bases off the map and ive never played on a smoother server since doing this.The rates have been slightly increased but nothing OP,,no tame limit,no pillar spam,no trolls.

All of us are building new bases in prime spots we've never had a chance at getting before.

I did the same thing.  We have 3 legacy primitive PVE save files in our cluster and it is wonderful.  We have more players peak time than we did on official legacy.  I have access to SE again.  Trolls have all been banned.   Things are looking up for our community of players.

13 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

The point in the save is to keep our progress, 100 % imprinted gigas etc.And like I said our rates are not OP, they match officials evo events. We all have jobs so are still only  breeding on weekends like when our save was on official. The only difference is that since we are from Australia we don't have to wait till like 4am Saturday morning when the rates kick in on Friday for Americans.

It's funny you mentioned spawning in high level dinos cause we don't and infact for a long time we suspected a player on our server had some high level rexes and gigas from some sort of exploit, before wiping him we checked and yes he did. They have been deleted so there is actually less(none) spawned in or exploited dinos then when it was official.

And wiping the map of other tribes has led to minimal lag and opening up many spawns.

We now have no lag, no pillar spam, no server at tame limit, no trolls and control and actual support. Look at what happened today on officials. If that happens we roll back to a back up(which we do very often when people are breeding important dinos etc)

So basically you are wrong if you think everyone on unofficial is on some silly 10x or higher rates and honestly should get off your high horse.

17 hours ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Your stirring up poop, sir. 

3/4 of those who play Official by choice over unofficial is generally because of their ideaology about losing progress and admin abuse. Ironically the abuse on official by players is far worse than most admin abuse I've personally ever came across, but none the less, your definition of progress and the OP's definition of progress Are polar opposites.. and majority  don't adhere to your ideaology of progress. If I have to explain to you the differences between your and his opinion, and why MOST don't adhere to yours over his, then buddy I beg you to not  get a civil service job where my life depends on you.   k thanks 

Encase your that naive, your better off telling people to get accustomed to playing unnoficial or single player if they continue to play on legacy. If they are not willing, then as the OP indirectly stated.. you gotta move servers  and accept your loss of progress.

6 hours ago, Critter said:

Your stirring up poop, sir. 

3/4 of those who play Official by choice over unofficial is generally because of their ideaology about losing progress and admin abuse. Ironically the abuse on official by players is far worse than most admin abuse I've personally ever came across, but none the less, your definition of progress and the OP's definition of progress Are polar opposites.. and majority  don't adhere to your ideaology of progress. If I have to explain to you the differences between your and his opinion, and why MOST don't adhere to yours over his, then buddy I beg you to not  get a civil service job where my life depends on you.   k thanks 

Encase your that naive, your better off telling people to get accustomed to playing unnoficial or single player if they continue to play on legacy. If they are not willing, then as the OP indirectly stated.. you gotta move servers  and accept your loss of progress.

Lol wut?

Progress
/noun/

1. A forward or onward movement towards a destination.

/verb/

1. Forward or onward progression of time or space.

I don't care what OP's definition of it is, because in the end that's nothing more than an objective look at it.
When you break it down, progression in regards to Ark is the time spent and the achievements gained from
your own merit, through game play mechanics and time spent to reach those goals. Whether you or OP like
or not, even if Legacy is shut down, unless WC decides to not release the save states, progression is not lost.

I could care less who plays what. You all wanna play single player? Good for you, go play. You want official?
Good, go for it, assuming you can squeeze in. You want unofficial? Ok, why not. nothing wrong there.

But you all can't. Not on official, because who'd have thought displacing hundreds or thousands of players
from their legacy servers would result in overpopulation on the others. Rather than *gasp* play unofficial,
or god forbid, upload your wiped save state, you'd rather come on here whining, crying and yelling for the
devs to destroy the rest of the legacy servers because you can't stand other people doing what you should
be doing: Playing the game and having fun.

And at least I have a job. I don't need mommy and daddy to pay for everything for me.

22 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Lol. It's rather telling when you assume things about people you know nothing about.

Why would you automatically assume I would just admin dinos into the game that I didn't earn?

Where is it stated in single player that I absolutely MUST cheat in order to progress?

Considering they discontinued support for the legacy servers, I fail to see how they maysurvive. This is their polite way of telling you to sling your hook to a new server. I mean, this is your argument. You're saying there's no guarantee they will all get repurposed, but the evidence is piled up against you. It's inevitable. They will all get repurposed, it' just a matter of time. 

While I'm talking on assumptions. Why are so many of you assuming that if/when
the rest of the legacy servers go down, and are re-purposed, that a significant majority
of them will be Ragnarok servers? The devs have stated that The Island is the premire
map for Ark. Makes more sense to me that the majority of them would be The Island.

In the end, you're still not guaranteed to get on any Ragnarok servers, so then, what
will you all do then? You won't have legacy servers to blame for your woes anymore.
How will you spend your time? 

23 minutes ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Lol wut?

Progress
/noun/

1. A forward or onward movement towards a destination.

/verb/

1. Forward or onward progression of time or space.

I don't care what OP's definition of it is, because in the end that's nothing more than an objective look at it.
When you break it down, progression in regards to Ark is the time spent and the achievements gained from
your own merit, through game play mechanics and time spent to reach those goals. Whether you or OP like
or not, even if Legacy is shut down, unless WC decides to not release the save states, progression is not lost.

I could care less who plays what. You all wanna play single player? Good for you, go play. You want official?
Good, go for it, assuming you can squeeze in. You want unofficial? Ok, why not. nothing wrong there.

But you all can't. Not on official, because who'd have thought displacing hundreds or thousands of players
from their legacy servers would result in overpopulation on the others. Rather than *gasp* play unofficial,
or god forbid, upload your wiped save state, you'd rather come on here whining, crying and yelling for the
devs to destroy the rest of the legacy servers because you can't stand other people doing what you should
be doing: Playing the game and having fun.

And at least I have a job. I don't need mommy and daddy to pay for everything for me.

I stopped at your attempt to say that the 'saves' are continued progression. It Let's me know your not fully understanding what I said. The OP may not count single player or unnoficials as continued progression, along with MAJORITY of others who play official. The Key word is majority. I'm a unnoficial advocate, so I digress with the notion that it's not continued progress because officials to me are a waste of time but I understand the OP's perception of it all- it is different but NOT wrong. 

Your linked definition is irrelevant. Progress is subjective. Perhaps To the OP playing on an unnoficial server save with no pop isn't progress- and I can theorycraft a hundred reasons why that's true, but also not true. You cannot tell him otherwise. 

My personal opinion is that officials are garbage, and quite frankly I don't care what happens to legacy. I'd rid of them all in hopes that it pushes more people to unnoficials. I don't however get to define progress for the OP 'in regards' to a game, period. 

You probably play on a legacy server. Yea, I'd imagine it sucks. I can guarantee though that your save isn't gonna 'progress' much further than from the day the legacy server is taken down. I'm using progress as majority of others see it, that getting a save of your legacy server isn't progress. That's what the OP is suggesting, and that's what majority of others believe too. Clearly.. 

'Saves' were intended to be a both a sorry and a 'were trying to salvage you by showing we ackoledge your progress' statement from WC. That's Pretty much it lol 

Archived