I cant really see the point of moving?

GriffinGolemGaming

On 11/19/2017 at 7:14 PM, edskelly said:

Myself and some mates hung in on legacy till they made the active pve legacy saves available a week ago.We have now rented a server and have it hosted.Its honestly the best thing we have ever done in Ark.

We have wiped most of the bases off the map and ive never played on a smoother server since doing this.The rates have been slightly increased but nothing OP,,no tame limit,no pillar spam,no trolls.

All of us are building new bases in prime spots we've never had a chance at getting before.

I didn't rent, and instead bought the server hardware. I have not wiped bases, and yet it's the smoothest experience I have seen so far. I think Wildcard has crappy hardware.

@Extraterrestrial @SmokeyB 

If they do remove them set up your own unofficial server and download the cache. Rather than losing hope smokey, why don't you make preparations? I've stopped visiting my legacy server but I hear a group from it are looking to set up a server to download the legacy data onto. It's happening all over legacy servers. They have even started recruitment. No progress has to be lost. 

If you can't keep to the Base game and not cheat your way to everything, you're unworthy of the save. As a memeber of a cluster of unofficial servers I'm insulted you think we all lack basic control. 

@ArkRage And 10 legacy servers? Do you understand how that wouldn't work? Once bitten, twice shy. Alot of legacy players left when the server count was reduced. Same thing will happen again if the list is cut short. Suppose it'll reduce to 5 after that? See my point. Once the ball starts rolling it won't stop so I don't see 10 servers being a solution. 

There is also no way legacy can link to the new servers. You make yourself out to be a rat scrounging for a solution to your own problems with legacy. 

***removed recruitment information **tn

I think they should wipe some of the servers in the new cluster and repurpose them to legacy servers. We're approaching pre-legacy numbers on our server and with all the new players joining and sticking around it's going to start getting crowded soon. Old players keep coming back to ARK and rejoining our server as well. Our community seems to be quite popular and leaves a lasting positive impression on players.

The players in the new cluster are used to losing everything and moving on so one more wipe shouldn't matter.

On 11/19/2017 at 2:31 AM, GriffinGolemGaming said:

I moved to a non legacy because people are saying to move and when I did move every single server was capped I see no point in leaving legacy because I can even start fresh with taming dinos.

How many servers did you try? Three?

Bet they were all Rag servers too?

You will not run into that on the Island Map at all......

2 hours ago, Lickimus said:

And the new servers is not? Even duped my things by misstake while uploading stuff yesterday. Half of the uploaded stuff was still in inventory AND uploaded. Ofc I threw the stuff away.

That must be the most rarest case ever though, if you're talking about the new official servers, considering that there's no known methods to crash the server like there was on legacy through multiple ways, which was also easy to calculate because you'd plan a stockpile of items to dupe before doing it.

On the new servers, you have to wait about 30 minutes before being able to upload the items after taking them out of an inventory/box. Legacy servers had easy methods of causing crashes to dupe in bulks. I was one of many tribes who got supplied duped Tek items and structures by some close friends and even allies who unfortunately joined the duping parade with their "can't beat them, join them" mentality. 

Almost everybody on legacy PvP moved to the new servers ASAP because of this. 

In that case the server my official scorched is on must be really bad configured, it often crashes and if I look on for example counter on time left on explorer note time It sometimes jump back 10 seconds when laggy. dont know if its attacks but it makes it possible to dupe often.

I mean there is ways to crash government servers so I think Ark servers may have less protection then them.

I moved from Legacy to the new Official servers immediately. Granted my perspective is from an Official PvP standpoint. Duping had gotten so ludicrously out of hand on Legacy it had gotten me to the point of basically quitting the game and really questioning myself whether I would return at launch, as well as the 'surprise' gas nerf about 2 months before release that made our precariously balanced base upkeep now an extreme nonstop chore. The game just wasn't fun. I refused to let my tribe dupe period, or knowingly take duped items from allies who did, but things became impossible to manage? What to do with the obviously duped loot from killing now garden variety transfer trolls? What to do when we loot a cross server enemy and their vaults are full of duped loot? People began to drift off in different directions with other friends and associates who didn't have nearly the hardline stance I did ("Rather be wiped by dupers than become one"). Other things were annoying as well. We wiped our arch enemies and the very next day they were rebuilding their bases with duped tek structures teaching me that all the legit raids we would do would now be worthless as people will just infinitely rebuild for zero cost.

When the new servers rolled out it restored some hope for me that duping would be prevented among other things, and it was also a numbers thing. The only people that would stay behind on Legacy were people with oodles of duped stuff sitting around who would then go on raiding frenzies until Legacy was even more of a Ghost Town. I had no interest in that, and I also have confidence in me and my tribe's ability to rebuild (When I say I quit playing for the month before release I was really practicing/developing/refining methods to start over). 3-4 days into the new servers we were back in the top position (Due in part to both preparation and attitude, if we weren't in the top spot we would have gladly began working with whoever was instead of pining for their uprooting) as well as all the tribes I brought with me from the Legacy server were becoming established as well. Undermapping is getting a little silly now but at least I haven't seen any duping occur. I'd probably quit for good if widespread methods were developed and not swiftly and brutally handled.

Now all sorts of old associates are trickling back in from Legacy repeating to me the same thing I told them for why they should leave with us to begin with. Those who were toxic with their tribemates that left them to join me on the New Officials have received a colder shoulder than others.

Archived