Auto decay

PROFE5SORX

Anyone else had dinosaurs  auto decay I instant the concept and possibly  the thought process  behind auto decay.

I too was sick of strolling along the beach sunset behind me with my favourite  dinosaur and spoiling the view was abandon raft after abandon raft that I get but to auto decay tames blows me away.

I recently  lost my pearl hunters a dophin  near the shore and an angler fish put to sea both in metal buildings but as x8  had just ended the weekend before  and I had collected 100k  pearls I didn't  see the need to farm the following week and yet logon check tribe log and there you have it auto decay 1 dophin and 1 angler fish thanks for this part of auto decay 

6 minutes ago, Brayn said:

It's a needed mechanic, but the render requirement to reset the timers and the small 7 day window to do so is a bit ridiculous.  Everything on server should refresh on login and, at least on PvP, all auto decay should be 14 days minimum.

It should be 14 days for both, PVE players put work into bases/tames too. Granted we dont have to build our bases 30 times but that is PVP players choice to do so. Also a Giga takes just as long to raise on PVP as it does PVE. Sucks you can PERMANENTLY lose everything due to being sick or something.

20 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

It should be 14 days for both, PVE players put work into bases/tames too. Granted we dont have to build our bases 30 times but that is PVP players choice to do so. Also a Giga takes just as long to raise on PVP as it does PVE. Sucks you can PERMANENTLY lose everything due to being sick or something.

I feel ya, but thatch and wood on PvE needs to decay quick otherwise beach bobs ruin your server.  Tames, tho, I agree.  They should be at least 14 days.  When I used to play PvE we had the benefit of being able to build a giant metal box around our tames to block people from claiming (save the use of render glitches).  Stinks that you can't take a week vacation without losing all your tames.

3 hours ago, Brayn said:

I feel ya, but thatch and wood on PvE needs to decay quick otherwise beach bobs ruin your server.  Tames, tho, I agree.  They should be at least 14 days.  When I used to play PvE we had the benefit of being able to build a giant metal box around our tames to block people from claiming (save the use of render glitches).  Stinks that you can't take a week vacation without losing all your tames.

Yes, I have been playing solo for almost 2 and a half years, that is 2 and a half years of not going a week without getting on ark xD its crazy to think about. Thatch definitely has an ok timer. I feel like wood should be a little higher teir so you have to devote a couple days to the server to get to wood because it lasts a while.

Archived