Turret Limit Changes question

Raale

So, with the upcoming changes that limits to how many turrets you can have in an area.  Any turrets that exceeds the limit would render them useless.  So, my question is, if a base has reached the limit on turrets, what will happen if a mobile base with more turrets walks into the base?  Would appreciated if the devs could clarify that one.

13 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Nobody in the whole discussion is going to care about that.
They're all "official or nothing" people.

Pretty presumptions aren't you? Obviously there's been a few response to this with concern that indicate that they play on unofficial servers, not to mention the fact that the majority of the player base play unofficial.  So, you may want to correct that statement rather than making yourself look like a moron.

Since you obviously have nothing to contribute to this thread which is a legitimate question seeking clarification to this huge change, so go troll elsewhere.  The unofficial server operators will want to know how this will effect their servers and if they should enable or disable the turret limits or change the limits as I'm sure WC will add that ini option for unofficial servers.  Not to mention, regarding to my question if a mobile base with turrets could be used as an exploit to shut down the entire turret system in the area or to boost the number of turrets in the area bypassing the structure turret limit if mobile base is excluded from the count.  This could be done by having an ally mobile base placed in another base if it were to bypass the turret limits to help allies boost their defense, where if WC were to counter that potential exploit which would have a reverse effect by an enemy moving a mobile base with turrets into the area and shut down the entire area of turrets.  Either way, it's an exploit waiting to happen for the good or for the bad depending on who does it.

1 minute ago, Raale said:

Pretty presumptions aren't you? Obviously there's been a few response to this with concern that indicate that they play on unofficial servers, not to mention the fact that the majority of the player base play unofficial.  So, you may want to correct that statement rather than making yourself look like a moron.

Since you obviously have nothing to contribute to this thread which is a legitimate question seeking clarification to this huge change, so go troll elsewhere.  The unofficial server operators will want to know how this will effect their servers and if they should enable or disable the turret limits or change the limits as I'm sure WC will add that ini option for unofficial servers.  Not to mention, regarding to my question if a mobile base with turrets could be used as an exploit to shut down the entire turret system in the area or to boost the number of turrets in the area bypassing the structure turret limit if mobile base is excluded from the count.

The devs have released a code unofficial admins can use which disable and or modify the settings. Therefore the change is mostly irrelevant for unofficial servers, since they change it if they want.

Since you obviously have nothing to contribute to this thread which is a legitimate question seeking clarification to this huge change, so go troll elsewhere.  The unofficial server operators will want to know how this will effect their servers and if they should enable or disable the turret limits or change the limits as I'm sure WC will add that ini option for unofficial servers.  Not to mention, regarding to my question if a mobile base with turrets could be used as an exploit to shut down the entire turret system in the area or to boost the number of turrets in the area bypassing the structure turret limit if mobile base is excluded from the count.

Chill.
The reason why it's simply not relevant for unofficial servers like ours, is because we can simply disable the feature if we so desire.
Otherwise the limit is simple : 100 turrets maximum allowed in a 10k unit radius. 
You bring in more turrets : They get disabled.

2 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Chill.
The reason why it's simply not relevant for unofficial servers like ours, is because we can simply disable the feature if we so desire.
Otherwise the limit is simple : 100 turrets maximum allowed in a 10k unit radius. 
You bring in more turrets : They get disabled.

Yes, but we can expect that WC will add an ini option that allows us to change the limits to more than 100 or less than 100.  But this is not really relevant to my question.  My question still remains, how will WC deal with mobile base that has turrets on them that move around and move to fixed bases.

Yes, but we can expect that WC will add an ini option that allows us to change the limits to more than 100 or less than 100.  But this is not really relevant to my question.  My question still remains, how will WC deal with mobile base that has turrets on them that move around and move to fixed bases.

again:

As long as the 100 turret / 10000 units limit is not exceeded nothing will happen. If you exceed that limit by getting to close to your build base, the turrets will be disabled till you're out of range again. Note that this limit is per tribe.
As posted above, the key question is going to be alliance.

2 minutes ago, Olivar said:

again:

As long as the 100 turret / 10000 units limit is not exceeded nothing will happen. If you exceed that limit by getting to close to your build base, the turrets will be disabled till you're out of range again. Note that this limit is per tribe.
As posted above, the key question is going to be alliance.

That is basically what I've been getting at as I mentioned in the earlier post.  5 tribes could agree on being allies and send a mobile base with turrets to each other bases to boost the defense to bypass the turret limits.  So, if WC were to address this by applying a blanket value regardless of tribes, then an enemy could send in a mobile base that would shut down the entire area of turrets.  Not to mention, Mega tribes could simply breakdown into smaller tribes and each tribes build their own cluster of turrets to protect their superbase as allies as a means to bypass the tribe turret limits.

Archived