Turret Limit Changes question

Raale

On 18/11/2017 at 2:23 PM, PROFE5SORX said:

Just another way for the Devs to put a stop to player complaints  about the real problems  in the game get everyone to concentrate  on something else and so they will be able to pull there head out of the sand and pat each other  on the paycheck 

Don't forget this just delayed Aberration into 2018.  ;)

21 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

Then stop worrying. There is certainly a command allowing you to override the setting devs will implement. 

Yes, there's the option to enable/disable the turret limit, but we can assume that WC will add another option to adjust the limit number, and I'd imagine with both options that this would more likely be used.  I've recently seen a screenshot that someone had posted, basically massive walls of turrets which just boggles my mind as grossly going overboard with the turrets and I'd imagine server owners would want to implement some turret limits to a more desirable number to make the pvp challenging and enjoyable and not to the point that having massive walls of turrets makes a base untouchable.

The whole point of this thread is to get information to how the turret limit is going to be implemented because I can see at least 3 possible exploits to bypass the turret limit or to crash the turret limit.

1 minute ago, Raale said:

I've recently seen a screenshot that someone had posted, basically massive walls of turrets

I've seen the same image. It just shows and proves that turrets are not the culprit. Unofficial, non Nitrado hosted servers DO NOT HAVE ISSUES, even with turrets, that official servers do.

52 minutes ago, Raale said:

Still waiting for an official response to a legitimate question of how the turret limit will be implemented if it is to be tribe limit or blanket value and how mobile bases/rafts with turrets will have an impact on bases that reach the turret limits as well as allies bypassing the tribe limit?

they are going to have to remove turrets from boats unless they issue a server wide turret cap in my opinion. as it stands enemy turrets count towards your turret counter in a 34 foundation area. 

If they allow this, enemies can shut down your turrets by entering your turret zone with their boat or quetzel.  Hence they have a couple options if we assume they are going to reduce turret density.  they can remove turrets from boats and fix the bugs where you can put plant boxes on quetzels and viola problem solved.  I imagine a lot of people wont like turrets being remove from boats.

Now if we still assume they are going to reduce turret density, if they allow enemy turrets to not count then they are left with the same problem as before where no fly zones would be created by the Alpha in charge of the server and turret density not being reduced.  Hence they will probably introduce a new server wide turret cap.

13 minutes ago, StrangerDanger42 said:

they are going to have to remove turrets from boats unless they issue a server wide turret cap in my opinion. as it stands enemy turrets count towards your turret counter in a 34 foundation area. 

If they allow this, enemies can shut down your turrets by entering your turret zone with their boat or quetzel.  Hence they have a couple options if we assume they are going to reduce turret density.  they can remove turrets from boats and fix the bugs where you can put plant boxes on quetzels and viola problem solved.  I imagine a lot of people wont like turrets being remove from boats.

Now if we still assume they are going to reduce turret density, if they allow enemy turrets to not count then they are left with the same problem as before where no fly zones would be created by the Alpha in charge of the server and turret density not being reduced.  Hence they will probably introduce a new server wide turret cap.

Removing turrets from boats is not going to solve the issue.  This concern is more for unofficial servers where we have the option to allow turrets on mobile platforms, and just as if WC removes turrets from rafts for official, WC will enable that option to be used or not for unofficial server.  We all know that the majority of the players play unnofficial, as such that is the ultimate goal of WC is to subtlety encourage people to play on unofficial servers.  So, ultimately, WC needs to take into account of how these changes will impact unofficial servers with what options we already have plus more being added for flexibility as some of these changes may have unintended effects take place on unofficial that wouldn't happen on official.

So far, WC has not been clear to exactly how the turret limit count would be implemented.  Is it tribe only? then allies and enemies can exploit this easily with mobile bases or allies building more turrets in other ally bases to boost defenses.  Mega tribes would simply break down into smaller tribes and assign a side of the superbase to build turrets and still bypass what would have been the default turret.  If WC goes for blanket value regardless of tribe status, an enemy could simply bring a mobile base into enemy base to trigger a shutdown of the turrets or simply get close enough and slap down a foundation with turret and generator and trigger the shutdown.  Either exploits can be done on official servers still without the use of mobile bases.  Hence the need for clarification to how WC will implement the change and address the possible exploits that I've listed. 

5 minutes ago, Raale said:

Removing turrets from boats is not going to solve the issue.  This concern is more for unofficial servers where we have the option to allow turrets on mobile platforms, and just as if WC removes turrets from rafts for official, WC will enable that option to be used or not for unofficial server.  We all know that the majority of the players play unnofficial, as such that is the ultimate goal of WC is to subtlety encourage people to play on unofficial servers.  So, ultimately, WC needs to take into account of how these changes will impact unofficial servers with what options we already have plus more being added for flexibility as some of these changes may have unintended effects take place on unofficial that wouldn't happen on official.

So far, WC has not been clear to exactly how the turret limit count would be implemented.  Is it tribe only? then allies and enemies can exploit this easily with mobile bases or allies building more turrets in other ally bases to boost defenses.  Mega tribes would simply break down into smaller tribes and assign a side of the superbase to build turrets and still bypass what would have been the default turret.  If WC goes for blanket value regardless of tribe status, an enemy could simply bring a mobile base into enemy base to trigger a shutdown of the turrets or simply get close enough and slap down a foundation with turret and generator and trigger the shutdown.  Either exploits can be done on official servers still without the use of mobile bases.  Hence the need for clarification to how WC will implement the change and address the possible exploits that I've listed. 

is the implementation( the paper version)  not live on Unofficials? Ie on Official at the moment you can see the "how" stuff interacts already its just the rules arent being enforced as the switch hasnt been flipped.  For example I know that allies add to your turret count, enemies add to your turret count, turrets say the dont work but they do.  I know these things because i tested them on official in the current "paper" implementation that started this whole uproar.  I think i am following you, but we do know some of these things....mobile vehicles do effect the turret count as i can test this with boats and quetzels on official at the moment.  

Just now, StrangerDanger42 said:

is the implementation( the paper version)  not live on Unofficials? Ie on Official at the moment you can see the "how" stuff interacts already its just the rules arent being enforced as the switch hasnt been flipped.  For example I know that allies add to your turret count, enemies add to your turret count, turrets say the dont work but they do.  I know these things because i tested them on official in the current "paper" implementation that started this whole uproar.  I think i am following you, but we do know some of these things....mobile vehicles do effect the turret count as i can test this with boats and quetzels on official at the moment.  

They haven't shut anything down yet is why the turrets still shoot. They are suppose to be allowing you to fix any problems with overpopulation of turrets now before they shut off on the 5th of December. However I already know that boats with 100 turrets pulling up to an island base will instantly destroy any chance that base had of surviving if all of the turrets go down on both sides because of it. This will be exploited until wc do a fix for it, but by that time there will still be a ton of losses to the unfortunate souls that were blind sided by a new cheat in the game that costed them everything. If enemy turrets count towards the area turret limit and cause them all to shut down anyways. 

Edit: oh sorry, I read it and thought you were confused how it was working. 

I see that WC is still not providing clarification to the issue with mobile base/rafts that has turrets on them after their latest announcement in the news regarding to the turret changes.  Is WC avoiding the issue or clearly not interested in providing detailed information regarding to mobile bases with turrets and allies building turrets in other ally's bases?

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is interesting that the lag is caused by turrets because the bases on servers now were similar to legacy.  The biggest difference I've seen is the dino limit there are several bases I have been at where there are 500 plus dinos and I will lose connection to the server.  If turn off floating names I will be less likely to disconnected.   Was at the same base before we moved dinos and I hit a lag spike loading in structures but didn't get disconnected. 

Ok so people keeping talking about being able to disable/change the turret limit. I manage a nitrado server on xbox and got told to look into this and try find out if you are able to disable it or not. From the looks of what people are saying there is a way to disable it but i dont have a clue where, could some1 point me in the right direction

• 11 months later...
On 11/18/2017 at 6:02 PM, Olivar said:

You can't place auto turrets on mobile platforms.

THAT IS FALSE, I HAVE BEEN KILLED

and a HUGE level pteranodon 140, is official SERVER SMALL TRIBE  ragnarok map, funking noob this person hope turret will be NERFED ark is amazing but many things like noob stuff to kill are so bad UNBALANCE

On 11/18/2017 at 6:32 PM, Olivar said:

I highly doubt it's going to be that simple to break it...

On 12/14/2018 at 5:14 AM, Upyron said:

THAT IS FALSE, I HAVE BEEN KILLED

and a HUGE level pteranodon 140, is official SERVER SMALL TRIBE  ragnarok map, funking noob this person hope turret will be NERFED ark is amazing but many things like noob stuff to kill are so bad UNBALANCE

Less rage, more coherent sentences

Archived