My rex’s melee...

ShrekosaurusRex

I haven’t really done anything much with Rexes yet, as I’m fairly new to Ark. I just tamed a 145 rex, to level 217, and most of its stats were average (7700 hp, 1700 stamina, etc), but melee was 370.9%. Is this any good? Should I use this rex for breeding?

Note: I am on a server with single player settings for dinos, I’m pretty sure this only increases stats put into dinos manually, though I could be wrong. It also only had 200% melee when I knocked it out. It got to 370% after it woke up. I haven’t put any points into melee myself, either. Not sure if this affects breeding or not though. 

17 minutes ago, ShrekosaurusRex said:

I haven’t really done anything much with Rexes yet, as I’m fairly new to Ark. I just tamed a 145 rex, to level 217, and most of its stats were average (7700 hp, 1700 stamina, etc), but melee was 370.9%. Is this any good? Should I use this rex for breeding?

Note: I am on a server with single player settings for dinos, I’m pretty sure this only increases stats put into dinos manually, though I could be wrong. It also only had 200% melee when I knocked it out. It got to 370% after it woke up. I haven’t put any points into melee myself, either. Not sure if this affects breeding or not though. 

Its good, but not great if you were to play on official servers.

20 minutes ago, ShrekosaurusRex said:

Note: I am on a server with single player settings for dinos

its... average or below average i'd say.

The breeding melee will be 370%. Basically what it tames out to will be the stats you are trying to incorporate into your dino. 370% is a fair starting point (don't have smart breeder up but think it will account for 38-40 points/levels of total distributed). There is better out there from tames plus you can get stat mutations. I think on legacy they have eggs hatching with 643% melee last I seen but those are countless mutations and generations deep. So as a generation 1 dino it's above average. 

We currently have 396% melee but that is a stat mutation from 385% (which was tamed). Some people have 425% from tamed, I think someone has 449% on the new servers already (PS4 specifically) but I am not sure if that was mutated or wild. It looks like you got quite the fortunate stat roll going from 200% to 370%. Our 385% base came from a 280% or 290% wild.  When it comes to taming RNG (random number generator which determines everything from how wild stats are delivered to how tamed stats are delivered to which stats get applied in breeding to what loot appears in beacon drops) plays the biggest factor you just increase your odds by taming wild dino's with more points distributed to one area. For a side note, 350% wild melee would be 50 levels distributed wild. 

If you are not using it for taming/breeding purposes. Dododex or Ark Survivor Companion apps are great assets for taming and finding how wild stats were distributed to your potential tame (can save you time and kibble from taming a 150 whatever just because it is a 150 if 40 of those points are distributed in a pointless stat). Ark Smart Breeding is a computer program that is incredibly helpful for breeding/trading as it can reverse even leveled dino's stats to show what their breeding values are plus gives recommendations based upon how you weight each stat (example: Rex- HP: 5 , Stamina: 3 Food: 1 Oxy: -1 Melee: 5 Weight: 3 Speed: 2) to a good breeding program. 

You can definitely start a breeding program with this while still dropping wild's looking for an increase somewhere to breed in but also possibly getting a stat mutation applied along the way. 

This video is very helpful in explaining how to get the most out of your mutations. 

24 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

The breeding melee will be 370%. Basically what it tames out to will be the stats you are trying to incorporate into your dino. 370% is a fair starting point (don't have smart breeder up but think it will account for 38-40 points/levels of total distributed). There is better out there from tames plus you can get stat mutations. I think on legacy they have eggs hatching with 643% melee last I seen but those are countless mutations and generations deep. So as a generation 1 dino it's above average. 

We currently have 396% melee but that is a stat mutation from 385% (which was tamed). Some people have 425% from tamed, I think someone has 449% on the new servers already (PS4 specifically) but I am not sure if that was mutated or wild. It looks like you got quite the fortunate stat roll going from 200% to 370%. Our 385% base came from a 280% or 290% wild.  When it comes to taming RNG (random number generator which determines everything from how wild stats are delivered to how tamed stats are delivered to which stats get applied in breeding to what loot appears in beacon drops) plays the biggest factor you just increase your odds by taming wild dino's with more points distributed to one area. For a side note, 350% wild melee would be 50 levels distributed wild. 

If you are not using it for taming/breeding purposes. Dododex or Ark Survivor Companion apps are great assets for taming and finding how wild stats were distributed to your potential tame (can save you time and kibble from taming a 150 whatever just because it is a 150 if 40 of those points are distributed in a pointless stat). Ark Smart Breeding is a computer program that is incredibly helpful for breeding/trading as it can reverse even leveled dino's stats to show what their breeding values are plus gives recommendations based upon how you weight each stat (example: Rex- HP: 5 , Stamina: 3 Food: 1 Oxy: -1 Melee: 5 Weight: 3 Speed: 2) to a good breeding program. 

You can definitely start a breeding program with this while still dropping wild's looking for an increase somewhere to breed in but also possibly getting a stat mutation applied along the way. 

This video is very helpful in explaining how to get the most out of your mutations. 

Thanks, this helped a lot. I think it should be good enough for now.

29 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

its... average or below average i'd say.

I don’t think wild Dino stats are any different from official than single player, though additional points manually given are boosted, I know that for sure. 

This is a relatively ‘new’ (got wiped a few weeks ago) server anyway, not looking for that much, yet. Just enough to kill some alphas and protect my base from wild dinos.

4 hours ago, ShrekosaurusRex said:

I don’t think wild Dino stats are any different from official than single player, though additional points manually given are boosted, I know that for sure. 

This is a relatively ‘new’ (got wiped a few weeks ago) server anyway, not looking for that much, yet. Just enough to kill some alphas and protect my base from wild dinos.

"Use singleplayer settings" option changes (beside other things) modifiers that affect bonuses dinos get upon taming, mainly the melee stat.

For example level 1 rex's stats without and with "singleplayer settings" (it is the same rex on both screenshots):

f8jrrWX.png

Edit:
just to satiate my own curiosity and to show that at high levels difference is way more pronounced i tested by summoning lvl 217 rexes until i got one with your melee stat (371%), then re-launched game without "singleplayer settings". It took quite a few summons (left is without settings, right is with them):

BieSIy4.png

290% melee would be considered "trash-tier" for breeding purposes on official servers. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Archived