I know where I'm putting all my spare turrets now

SmokeyB

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Negative bro, put a turtle in a box, set giga to follow and aggressive, and itll always go back to the turtle.

cant put turtle in a box if you spawn dead :P 

but anyway that giga thing prob isnt allowed either, but we wont know if it is or isnt since they're busy making/sparing money right now.

most people don't really want the ebb and flow of battle hard won.  They want to control a space by any means necessary.  I've played on servers effectively locked down by spawn killing and obelisk blocking it's ultimately not fun for anyone, including the tribe doing it because eventually they have nobody to play with.

19 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

most people don't really want the ebb and flow of battle hard won.  They want to control a space by any means necessary.  I've played on servers effectively locked down by spawn killing and obelisk blocking it's ultimately not fun for anyone, including the tribe doing it because eventually they have nobody to play with.

unless its unofficial we dont need people to play with, we have our tribemates.

Just now, Kaprosuchus said:

I fail to see the point to playing on official servers at that point. it seems we have irreconcilable opinions

the point is no one needs new players screaming HELP every minute. Transfer exists. U want to play with someone, why not your years known tribemates? Or your allys on different servers. No big tribe plays with levels 5.

5 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

the point is no one needs new players screaming HELP every minute. Transfer exists. U want to play with someone, why not your years known tribemates? Or your allys on different servers. No big tribe plays with levels 5.

i agree with the people asking for help but you would also be targeting people who are not asking for help or people trying to come in to grab things from the obelisk to actually challenge you.  Every level 115 comes from a level 1.  I maintain, this tactic of killing people before they can even get their legs is just a preemptive strike to any future attacks they may make on you.  Ultimately you would end up with just you and some friends on a public server, which if that is what makes you guys happy, great.  I prefer the ebb and flow of constant warfare, irreconcilable opinions and diametrically opposed stances.  I don't think we're going to see eye to eye on this :)

1 minute ago, Kaprosuchus said:

i agree with the people asking for help but you would also be targeting people who are not asking for help or people trying to come in to grab things from the obelisk to actually challenge you.  Every level 115 comes from a level 1.  I maintain this tactic of killing people before they can even get their legs is just a preemptive strike to any future attacks they may make on you.  Ultimately you would end up with just you and some friends on a public server, which if that is what makes you guys happy, great.  I prefer the ebb and flow of constant warfare, irreconcilable opinions and diametrically opposed stances.  I don't think we're going to see eye to eye on this :)

You can have company when you go raid other servers, while you can relax when you're on your own server ungriefable. :) 

No one likes to risks his own stuff.

We dont need to share the same opinion i was just answering why we wouldnt care having company on our own server :P 

But yea as far as i know its not allowed to camp spawns with turrets, but with dinos i have no idea. so it shouldnt be an issue.

1 minute ago, ilidrael said:

You can have company when you go raid other servers, while you can relax when you're on your own server ungriefable. :) 

No one likes to risks his own stuff.

We dont need to share the same opinion i was just answering why we wouldnt care having company on our own server :P 

But yea as far as i know its not allowed to camp spawns with turrets, but with dinos i have no idea. so it shouldnt be an issue.

Yeah.  despite my dislike of the tactic i think using GM actioning against it is wrong too. fear of reprisal from on high against activities you are unaware of can be stressful.

Archived