pvp Really Spiked metal walls?

ooStuStu

Okay so scouting a server i noticed a base that had seemingly 1000's of spiked metal walls around it... no real turrets mixed in  ...just 1000's of spiked metal walls clogging the path up to the base. The base itself was fortified with turret towers and x plant... but my question is.... Am i missing something? A few guys with rockets could clear those spikes out in seconds. What would all those spikes be good for? Much effort has gone into placing that many so it must be something to it

On 18/11/2017 at 8:32 AM, ooStuStu said:

Okay so scouting a server i noticed a base that had seemingly 1000's of spiked metal walls around it... no real turrets mixed in  ...just 1000's of spiked metal walls clogging the path up to the base. The base itself was fortified with turret towers and x plant... but my question is.... Am i missing something? A few guys with rockets could clear those spikes out in seconds. What would all those spikes be good for? Much effort has gone into placing that many so it must be something to it

It stops you being able to walk straight to those turret towers and blow them up. While you are trying to blow up the spikes the tribe will be shooting you. 

• 2 weeks later...

We did this at the bottom of a waterfall on the center (not the one by Ice castle) except with Plant X before their movement was toggled off. We had like 60 autos on the base. It was only accessible by flyers or by dropping tames off the side of a cliff which could wildly miss as this was a small target. The lag when the 300 X turrets went off crashed most people, which lead to a dead riderless dino. Many Keks were had. Eventually got wiped by a mega tribe that threw war quetzals at us until the turrets went dry.

Archived