Turret change discussion megathread

Rancor

1 hour ago, Vita said:

Yeah let me bring my tribe of 5 guys up against a 60 man megatribe. Watch all our tankers get eaten by 20 guys on inprinted gigas. Nty defense is the only option against things like that for smaller tribes. (Literally only have 5 ppl in my tribe)

Use high hp stam griffins fly into turret range fire rockets fly out repeat if they come after you dive away and escape

Edit: for a enemy griffin if you spot them coming they move the same speed as you so you can escape faster than them 

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible Idea, the guy backing all of this probably has been raided too many times to count and wants to screw everyone else. I'm in a medium sized tribe and we had enough turrets and plant X to keep some megas at bay for days if not being able to completely defend and push them off the server and now with this limitation i might as well say RIP. 

In no way shape or form with this limitation can  a tribe of 10-20 people defend against a tribe with 70+ people as before.

4 hours ago, Olivar said:

The whole point of assaulting a base, no?
Defenders focus on Stego's, turrets focus on the rest.

Apparently your not meant to be able to raid on PVP servers or attack someone's precious base.

If you PVP other players your a "griefer"/ "troll" / "bad guy" / "evil".

ARK Logic 101 9_9

21 minutes ago, Sharpshot879 said:

Use high hp stam griffins fly into turret range fire rockets fly out repeat if they come after you dive away and escape

Edit: for a enemy griffin if you spot them coming they move the same speed as you so you can escape faster than them 

I could see it happening I got griffins with 30k hp and 2k stam. Also been raided by single griffins on dedicated servers. I do think that would work with an all hp griffin but the explosion might kill your man, or the only players turrets

21 minutes ago, DEazy513 said:

Terrible Idea, the guy backing all of this probably has been raided too many times to count and wants to screw everyone else. I'm in a medium sized tribe and we had enough turrets and plant X to keep some megas at bay for days if not being able to completely defend and push them off the server and now with this limitation i might as well say RIP. 

In no way shape or form with this limitation can  a tribe of 10-20 people defend against a tribe with 70+ people as before.

A tribe of 10-20 wouldn't beat a tribe of 70 unless the tribe of 70 are very bad players. 

The upside of this change is your tribe of 10 can now have a decent shot at attacking the alpha's base where as before you would lag out.

1 hour ago, Sharpshot879 said:

People moaning about how  mega tribes can wipe them immediately, the limit also applies to them so you can attack them back

Yep and not only that it affects mega tribes far more then it does some random Bob in his little metal shack with a couple of autos. The clear winners from this patch are smaller tribes/bases which is good.

7 minutes ago, Vita said:

I could see it happening I got griffins with 30k hp and 2k stam. Also been raided by single griffins on dedicated servers. I do think that would work with an all hp griffin but the explosion might kill your man, or the only players turrets

After a while people will learn when and how far away to shoot so as to not kill themselves and if the turrets are player targeting coming from above and hovering flat in the air will block that also you can have 2 riders as well so double fire power 

Edit: it doesn’t come without its downsides but when does raiding?

3 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Yep and not only that it affects mega tribes far more then it does some random Bob in his little metal shack with a couple of autos. The clear winners from this patch are smaller tribes/bases which is good.

So what happens to the tribes that build big (up to structure limit) like my tribe while we still only have 5 players? Sure it helps bobs metal beach shack but us more advanced players who havent fallen into the megatribe BS we have tons of work to do replacing turrets and ammo just to be less defended. If u dont think that a few guys can hold off a larger tribe by having a well defended base maybe you havent been a part of too many big raids? 

1 minute ago, ForzaProiettile said:

A tribe of 10-20 wouldn't beat a tribe of 70 unless the tribe of 70 are very bad players. 

The upside of this change is your tribe of 10 can now have a decent shot at attacking the alpha's base where as before you would lag out.

I've never had an issue with defending against mega tribes, on PC or XBOX. Aren't a majority of ark players bad? especially in mega tribes where 90%  of them never do anything but log on hatch stuff and log off and the occasional pvp fight. where as my tribe has to grind every day just to make sure they cant get past our defenses.

5 minutes ago, Vita said:

So what happens to the tribes that build big (up to structure limit) like my tribe while we still only have 5 players? Sure it helps bobs metal beach shack but us more advanced players who havent fallen into the megatribe BS we have tons of work to do replacing turrets and ammo just to be less defended. If u dont think that a few guys can hold off a larger tribe by having a well defended base maybe you havent been a part of too many big raids? 

Well to be honest you have built way too big. All your base will do is lag the server and for a tribe of 5 players will be impossible to defend.

There is no need to make such giant lag fests, they serve no purpose. The next change they should after this patch is cut by 50% the amount of crap players can build in one area. It needs to happen.

Well to be honest you have built way too big. All your base will do is lag the server. There is no need to make such giant lag fests, they serve no purpose. The next change they should after this patch is cut by 50% the amount of crap players can build in one area.

You tell me there is no need to build so big when I literally have so little storage for dinos I have rexs and working tools sitting outside instead of in a barn. We also have a cave attached to our base to save structure limit but that is completely full of dinos too. Trust me man we dont just enjoy grinding out large structures for hours we need this dino storage and now it wont be able to be as defended as before. 

4 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Well to be honest you have built way too big. All your base will do is lag the server. There is no need to make such giant lag fests, they serve no purpose. The next change they should after this patch is cut by 50% the amount of crap players can build in one area.

Like jeez man what is your idea of how a base should be a behemoth gate ring with everything standing outside and just a small player base for the forges and crap?  

1 minute ago, Vita said:

You tell me there is no need to build so big when I literally have so little storage for dinos I have rexs and working tools sitting outside instead of in a barn. We also have a cave attached to our base to save structure limit but that is completely full of dinos too. Trust me man we dont just enjoy grinding out large structures for hours we need this dino storage and now it wont be able to be as defended as before. 

Perhaps you should look at this suggestion below. I take it the majority of your dinos see little use like most tribes.

Perhaps you should look at this suggestion below. I take it the majority of your dinos see little use like most tribes.

The dinos see little use because there are not raids happening every single day. They have made people care for their things too much for that to happen. We have one essential dino such as workers for each of the 5 tribemembers for the sake of imprint bonus. Other than that its rexs for boss fights and brontos/ rock golems in case someone sets a fob near us or we need to raid someone off the server. If you are trying to say a tribe only needs 1 bronto bc they dont use them often to get berries then once again maybe you havent been part of any big raids?

5 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

If every tribe only tamed 1 of every dino nobody would be able to imprint, nobody would be able to kibble tame. What if your only flyer dies that would really suck but hey at least you didnt have any extras at base "lagging up" the server

1 minute ago, Vita said:

The dinos see little use because there are not raids happening every single day. They have made people care for their things too much for that to happen. We have one essential dino such as workers for each of the 5 tribemembers for the sake of imprint bonus. Other than that its rexs for boss fights and brontos/ rock golems in case someone sets a fob near us or we need to raid someone off the server. If you are trying to say a tribe only needs 1 bronto bc they dont use them often to get berries then once again maybe you havent been part of any big raids?

You know why raids aren't happening every day? It is because the majority of people in this game prefer to farm then fight. Entire servers are allied up in alliances where no ones attacks anyone. There was a lot of PVP in this game before the silly alliance system was introduced. At least with this change tribes that don't care to hold hands can a have a serious crack at more bases.

Also I've been in big raids but even in these raids we never used more then 10 Brontos. We still had another 50+ back at base that hadn't moved in a year. 

You know why raids aren't happening every day? It is because the majority of people in this game prefer to farm then fight. Entire servers are allied up in alliances where no ones attacks anyone. There was a lot of PVP in this game before the silly alliance system was introduced. At least with this change tribes that don't care to hold hands can a have a serious crack at more bases.

Also I've been in big raids but even in these raids we never used more then 10 Brontos. We still had another 50+ back at base that hadn't moved in a year. 

Trust me people dont enjoy farming more than pvp, we are forced to farm more than pvp due to the insanely time consuming rates

1 minute ago, Vita said:

If every tribe only tamed 1 of every dino nobody would be able to imprint, nobody would be able to kibble tame. What if your only flyer dies that would really suck but hey at least you didnt have any extras at base "lagging up" the server

My suggestion to the devs would to create some kind of TEK stasis chamber. You'd park the dino next to it and it would be turned into an inventory item. It would still require food which you would place into the structure similar to a feeding trough. This would solve much of the lag issues, while still requiring dino upkeep and when destroyed all dinos inside would be spawned outside it.

7 hours ago, KillaMrB said:

I play on my own server so it doesn't really effect me either way. Make a super base with turrets then make one without and it makes absolutly no difference to server lag...it's the hordes of dinos and the huge amount of structures that the game has to render that causes server wide lag...fact. So i'm all for structure limits being reduced as an alternative...and if you want to play sim city well i've no opinion on that?

Less turrets will also lead to less structures as turret towers and crazy amounts of large hatch frames will no longer be needs since you wont have enough turrets to build in that style anymore. 

7 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The developers of this game often don't get a lot of love even though their game is the best strategic PVP game out there by many miles.

This new initiative to improve server performance by restraining over enthusiastic defensive players will not only improve server performance for all players on PVP servers but it will lead to a more exciting gameplay experience. A different meta which evolve away from the farm, build, build, build, build, build, build defensive meta that has dominated ARK for the last year. Less turrets means more opportunities to raid and more raiding means more PVP which is what should be happening on PVP servers which actually rarely happens these days,

I applaud the Devs for this bold move. This change ranks up there with the Flyer Balance Patch. Great changes that made the game better and more enjoyable for all.

So how much is wildcard paying for the propaganda you're spewing 

6 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

If you don't like people doing PVP to you and your base why are you on a PVP server? There seems to be a lot of this mentality in this thread - I want to play on a PVP server and not have to deal with PVP????? What is the point.

1. Unless they are a mega/ large alpha tribe they (raiders) will not bother to destroy your base when you are online. That is the main point of turrets imo offline defense.Game gets old fast logging in without a base every day or so... trust me.  

Think about this for a second, ladies and gents.

Everyones getting affected by this nerf. Everyone.

small bases/establishing bases will find it difficult to defend themselves with just 100 combined turrets.

...What about the mega-alphas that raid? Surely they have plants and turrets extending in to the thousands.

People that have wanted to raid them for vengeance/dominance will finally have a fighting chance.

....Just a thooooouuuught. ?

Archived