Turret change discussion megathread

Rancor

Yep, currently my turrets say 672/100 turrets in range. GG Wildcard you screwed everyone yet again, and wouldn't you guess my tribe is under impending attack as it is. Time to extend my perimeter by 3 miles with turret towers.
I can see this turning into a thing. Mega tribes will only start claiming land with over sized turret towers scattered across barren land. There is always a way. I say begin construction now.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you actaully seen some griefers, they do not care about turrets in the first place, what wildcard is going to have on their hands is a oppisite action, rather let the griefers blow up 60 wall levels before they get to your base, doesnt go about lag or performance, the game is grosly unbalanced when people do not need to worry about 200 x plants and a hundred turrets, that means nothing to the griefers, if you would like I can link you a couple of youtube vids stating, that will 100 turrets you will be constantly wiped. constantly wiped will lead to mass leaving.

More turrets means that more bullets will be shot, hence will stop griefers in their tracks

You fail to see, that if your base is easily wiped. So is everyone elses. Track and revenge. Viva La Vendetta!!!

The devs are really starting to piss me and everyone off. Like how do they expect people to defend the huge bases that slot of people already have built??! Only wildcard would nerf turrets and not even touch soakers. Ffs they’re driving me round the bend now, it amazes me how terrible they are at fixing stuff. If they were good devs they would have fixed all these stupid issues a while ago but no, first let’s add a bloody otter to the game because that’s more important. Might as well just switch to pve now
"Join pve....."

You probably should if you are worried about increased pvp play on a PVP server. Damn those ark devs for making it more pvp friendly.....smh

Where in any world would 100 turrets be legitimate? Not trying to be sausage but hello DEVS ARE YOU ON CRACK??? Do you guys even play your own game do you even know what is meta and what isnt??? if you guys even spent half the time most of the mega tribes do farming, pvping, raising dinos and such you would know that 100 turrets is and never will be enough for any situation. In legacy everything was built easily 2 to 8 times bigger than most bases are now ive personally been on servers and raided them recently in last 2 monthes with bases with well over a 1000 turrets and servers didnt crash or lag to the 1 fps that you claim its not turrets thats the issue its definitely something else in your game please wildcard PLEASE JUST PLEASE LEARN YOUR OWN GAME... 

p.s waiting for my ban like you do with people who have legit points and you dont want to deal with because again you dont know your own game and they point out truths and you just rather waste time on projects like new expansion instead keeping promises that you made about duping fixes and better servers ill be waiting... #deadpromises 

If any dev played played official pvp you would know how this turret update would completely break the game. Anyone could be raided in under 30 minutes. Don't cap how many turrets can be placed. Rework turrets to find the core reason why the create more lag than they did in legacy. If you look at a turret on survivors only it instantly drops frames just from looking at it. 

10 hours ago, Z0mbie said:

Pretty sure rubbing salt in the eyes of everyone against this isn't real cool. Especially when you've only played 1k hours.

Man did I really waste 1k hours in a game? raptor, I need to stop a little, well I`ve been playing for a long time and with plenty of stops so... Still it`s alot to me man if it is not alot to you, you need to review your priorities in life...

Keep the tear coming please, its hot in here...

5 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Well said. Players in this game have become too accustomed to feeling safe, hiding behind their walls of turrets and lag for protection. Many of them play on PVP servers but seemingly don't actually want PVP they just want to farm and base build. This change will hopefully encourage more PVP and revitalize previously stagnant passive servers.

So you are saying just because people have a skill to build or the mental capacity to think of what their opponent is thinking about doing,  is not pvp, then idk what pvp is supposed to be if you can't outsmart your enemies.

I want a game where it's more common to fight players and their mounts, than buildings, but this is pretty much the exact opposite.

Official PVP already isn't fun and is pushing me toward playing other games because it refuses to let me play anything else.

having to be online constantly to defend against people fighting our buildings, that it took me, my brother, and this dude we picked up off the side of the road several hours just to assemble, only to have one dude with rockets just nuke his way through our start up for no reason other than "lol I'm quitting today, wanted one last hurrah" already isn't fun PVP.
Now being having less potential to be equipped to deal with even single dudes fighting our buildings is just worse, and alpha tribes would have way more resources themselves.

And the lag isn't going to get better because the problem is on all fronts. there's too many structures because you need them to deal with anything, there's too many turrets becuase you need them to deal with anything, you need more dinos because you need them to deal with anything.

If you put severe limits on those things, then those things need to become disposable in order to reduce the amount of time needed to recover from them. otherwise you'll just wind up in the situation where everyone is stuck constantly trying to build, rebuild, move, rebuild, or they're just a small team/solo player that does nothing but break into bases and scavenge off whatever they find. and a game where everyone is the latter is one where the cost to produce things should not be that high.

Other thought: what about nerfing high-quality gear alongside this?

I think a better idea would be to add a game mode where you can upload your gear and everything you have crafted and just go ham with others.  And also Survival of the fittest would have greatly helped servers from being filled with those " I'm just going to build useless structures and then I'm going to leave server." Adding to the lag. Or even a new mode where it's death matches with weopons. Remember that turok evolution game. That was great

1 hour ago, Saupe said:

Anybody checked how far apart you need to space your turret towers yet? Mine just about cover each other. So looks like new meta will be turret towers and pill boxes everywhere within 1000 foundations of base.

everything in a 33.5 foundations radius (in all directions) counts towards the 100 limit of that turret.

I don't know for sure, too early to tell, but this seems like a really good idea to me. Think about it logically for a second. If the goal is to reduce lag, this will absolutely do it. Not simply for the turrets, but also the structures. You can't build a trillion foundation mega base that lags everyone into oblivion if you only have a set number of turrets to protect it. Smaller bases, spread out a bit more.

And I get the issue people have with "griefers" but they have to remember, those guys have to have a large base to generate the kind of stuff necessary to raid. And THEIR base will have the turret limitations too. It might need a few tweaks, but I can't say I am opposed to this whole idea. It cuts down on the number of dinos, structures, turrets, and hoards of resources.

And, contrary to other posters, I think this would actually INCREASE the amount of cooperation. You are gonna NEED other people and allies to help and pool resources if you are gonna raid. Another commenter just mentioned that their mega-tribe would just absorb more land kicking smaller tribes further away but, with such a small turret limit, you think you are gonna hold onto all that territory? I have my doubts that this will be an issue, honestly, having seen these ridiculous mega bases.

I bet the first couple of weeks will see massive fights, huge raids and EVERYONE'S base will be reduced to ashes. After that, everyone will build more conservatively, have less stuff, get more creative about locations and natural defenses. More strategic about the dinos they tame. Maybe even encourage trading. I think all in all you will have a harder time raiding a base when YOUR base is just as raidable.

I am cautiously optimistic.

Would be nice to see how this change would effect game play.  But the problem would still stand that ingrained players would be able to mess around with early/mid players, and without alliances any assistance sent might fall prey to turret friendly fire.

I mean, some brat stole a lv.362 raid Pteradon from his other server tribe and started going after our utility tames, and we only survived because our mid-late game server allies were able to show up to deal with him.

it was a Dalton680, incase he tries to inside anyone

51 minutes ago, Glerian said:

INCREASE the amount of cooperation

ROFL

Do you know what will happen?

"Hey. we need more Space for more DefensiveTames. So lets kill everything and everyone on the Server and then move to another Server, where we also can store more tames and then to the next"

There is no real PvP in Ark. Stop talking bullpoop.

One of my other hobbies is Jiu Jitsu. Exercising it for over 15 Years now. Ark PvP is like putting me ( 200 pounds ) with a 100 Pound Guy in the ring. Its still Man vs Man, but... I think you got the Point

Ark is only about numbers. Gather as much people as possible = win. Skill isnt needed.

And that is something that should be changed again. No alliances, no Serverxfers and bam... there is some pvp again, like in the beginning of Ark.

But that wont happen. Cause most Ark-Players dont have the balls for that. True Story

20 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

Yeah and tribes, transfers  plus a grinder sort of make the hardcore part of it a non issue , hardcore would be netter no tribes allowed.

Just sucks it kicks u from ur tribe when u die.  Makes solo play completely impossible.  If it just reset your level it'd be nicer.  I can get to level 80 in 2 days on 2x without a grinder, so levelling isn't the issue.  It's the thought of losing my entire base bc xbox live or the servers crash.

Archived