Turret change discussion megathread

Rancor

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Thuza said:

Thats right regardless they will be wrecked but now they maybe can get snipe the big tribe bases. atleast one win and no lose

That’s ridiculous the small tribes still get wiped with the way you want things, your not a offering a solution to the problem and even with 100 turrets you still need to be medium sized to take that out so small tribes will still not be able to throw any punches against big tribes, this shouldn’t be a solution to the big tribes strength 

I played official PVP for about a year.  Turrets won’t change much, the game will still be laggy as heck, and the mega tribes will still rule.  I was associated with a mega tribe on PS4.  It didn’t matter if two people were on line, there is rubber banding, disconnects, lags everyone.  You get by any large base; that game is playable and you get used to it but you spend much of your time dealing with the lag.  

Turrets will change nothing.  Next are they going to limit the 30 Gigas, 30 Boss Rexes, all the tek and others elements of base?  

PVP is what it is; got tired of it, got my own servers.

9 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Excuse you, I require decent insulation for certain caves :D

My apologies. No doubt a pack of rapid otters are inbound on my position now to deal with my blasphemy...

In seriousness now, one of my favourite tames for this precise reason and general cuteness shenanigans.

Edit: i ment rabid ! Lol

14 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

My apologies. No doubt a pack of rapid otters are inbound on my position now to deal with my blasphemy...

In seriousness now, one of my favourite tames for this precise reason and general cuteness shenanigans.

Edit: i ment rabid ! Lol

I was going to say.... rapid Otters are physically impossible, while rabid Otters are quite frankly hysterical.  xD

Day 1 pc player with 3k hours official PvP.

This is absolute garbage. The only way you will be able to defend a base is having 100 tek turrets stacked on top of each other. Even then a couple Brontos will probably get in... my whole server is quitting and I'm considering since I've worked to grind 1000's of turrets that will now be useless.. I have an idea.. if you can't properly run the game by improving server/client stability, then let someone else take over the game that can. WC cant fix poop, and cant even respond to tweets. Smh. With 100 turrets, we all better off playing Minecraft. Gg wc rip official. The true ascension boss is LAG.

1 hour ago, CobraD said:

Probably? Man you guys are acting like they made it 100 turret total per tribe when that isn't the case at  all. it's only a 100 in any given amount of space. You can still have turret towers with 100 turrets on it as long as it's not close by to other towers. Plus with the increase in damage and how much ammo in each turret . Granted it may hurt smaller tribes with limited space but only time will tell.

This hurts big tribes the most, my tribe has a rediculous amount of tames and we can barely cober them all with the 300 turrets we have, you lower it to 100 and we might as well sell all our war tames so our enemies dont have the satisfaction of sniping them.

Here you go WildCard.  You guys always say you wanna hear from the players and what we have to say. This petition has been up for 4 hours. EVERYONE would rather have a laggy base but at least still have purpose to the game. So how about you actually listen to us for once instead of saying you will *cough* flier nerf *cough* *cough* and actually reverse this dumb decision.

https://www.change.org/p/mother-raptoring-ark-devs-no-100-turret-limit/w?source_location=notifications_page

1 hour ago, ciabattaroll said:

Yes, remove veggie cakes and not only remove the viability people have found in using therizinos in boss fights, but taming snails as well.

Introduce a 10x damage multiplier from turrets would be cool and all, if only players don't moan and groan about the time they take in raising dinos only to see them go splat to a turret.

Removing armor on dinos would be great too, then everything in the wild would be even deadlier to them since they no longer have any armor values, and we'll get back to people moaning and groaning about the time they invested only to have them go splat out in the wild.

Lowering dino health will be a marvelous thing too. Because everyone and their mom remembers how players reacted to the first dino nerf, amirite?

I'm not saying your heart isn't in the right place, it clearly is. But the thing is, your suggestions don't take much in scope, just 1 situation in 1 moment in time. Wildcard has to consider not only that situation but everything else that would stem from it.

you have a problem in your head <or you have smoked drugs before you put the post seriously look at it can be recorded

42 minutes ago, Seanhastaco said:

this update is completely ridiculous and here’s why 

-while a lot of players on this forum are trying to argue that so many insane amounts of turrets are ridiculous and are unraidable the truth is they’re not, on Xbox we’ve wiped around 15 tribes this week in the big supremacy Django war and these are ALPHA bases, they have a ridiculous amount of turrets and still get destroyed the same, the pvp is amazing in these raids it’s what separates ark pvp from poopty other games pvp, it’s the preparation for big wars and all the effort and organization that goes into that makes this game special, getting wiped every night will ruin this, quick pvp will get so boring so quickly.

-if this turret system is gonna work tanking as a whole can’t just get buffed a little bit, 20% more turret damage is only going from 70 damage to 84 and that’s to substitute the lose of hundreds of hundreds of turrets which is ridiculous, for a start species x shouldn’t count as a turret, if you want to limit them make it where you can only have 50 in the same area like turrets but making one area share 100 turrets and species x is insane, also make it where species x can only be destroyed by rock golem attacks.

-Tanking needs to be revamped, no more c4 should be able to be thrown off the back of a stego and they need a nerf, tanks should take significantly more damage from turrets as is it takes hours to grind thousands of bullets but you can easily with a big tribe raise 30-40 stegos in one weekend with zero problem at all and they can tank thousands of thousands upon thousands of bullets.

-as much as the common noob wants to think these alphas aren’t unraidable nobody is, even if you have 2000 turrets if you got 50 bullets in each it’ll only take a few brontos to completely wipe out all your turrets and grinding bullets takes ages.

-want to fix lag? How about making it where tames tails don’t swing when in a area with a large amount of other tames? It’s not the structures causing lag it’s the hundred of large tails and creatures passively moving around all at once and your game trying to render all that, just make em stationary for gods sake they glitch you badly anyways when they swing into you 

getting raided constantly will kill this game, ark is unique because of the trying to survive and get as big as possible while fighting invaders, making allies to help defend your server and preparing and organizing and strategizing for days for big wars that last weeks 24/7 around the clock until one alliance remains, cutting defenses, allowing offline raiding to become much more relevant and limiting tribes abilities to defend themselves will result in wipe your enemy, get wiped, try to rebuild get wiped get wiped get wiped and on and on because even at your most defensive best you only have 100 turrets which is absolutely nothing against brontos when they have yuti buffs %50 LESS TURRET DAMAGE and daedons to heal over and over and stegos running up and c4ing turrets that haven’t even used up a quarter of their ammo before exploding etc!

^ This guy knows what he is talking about. I would like the post but there is a stupid 10 post likes per day limit.

Anyone who thinks this is a good idea is either a small tribe or some beach scrub. Any decent player in a large tribe knows exactly what it will do to the game and that is totally ruin pvp
Even the biggest most defended bases in Ark are raidable, in fact raiding is way too easy. If all we are getting is a pathetic 20% buff to counter this then pvp is ruined. People are already quitting and demanding refunds and there is a petition to try and stop this. Devs have no freaking idea what they are doing. Apparently ANY size crop plot counts towards it too, proof they cant really do anything properly. A lot of the community was already at breaking point due to the stupid decisions by the devs and the lack of bug fixes when the game is broken af and instead pushing out dlc. 

I doubt the turrets are causing all this lag. Our legacy base's had 3-4 times the amount of turrets and the server as a whole had at least 2x yet it was no where near as laggy then with 50+ players on at once than now with 30+

14 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

I was going to say.... rapid Otters are physically impossible, while rabid Otters are quite frankly hysterical.  xD

Normally i would try to change a silly typo but that one gave me a giggle.

5 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

The otters will have to fend for themselves, at this point it's every mammal for themselves.

At this point its every creatures for itself not just the mammals. Now excuse me the Otter S.A.S are currently knocking on my door...

1 hour ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

Lol PvP seems fun but with a max tribe of 3 pvp in official is pointless. A 3 man tribe will never be able to breed for stats or muts of their own. Or be capable of ascension or boss fights. PvP is for large tribes of 5 or more active players.

Yep you do have no idea. I know 3 man tribes breeding mutated Giga's and doing bossfights in official pvp. If our top 3 players broke off we could do the same. 

I used to run 3 large bases solo on legacy official pvp

Before ranting about this truly horrible idea, I'd like to say that ark is my favorite game and all I've played since it came out, normally the devs are great at coming up with new content and are fantastic at keeping the game fresh. That being said WHAT THE HECK? This is quite possibly the worst idea you guys have come up with in a long time. To start with, the thing that seperates the endgame players from those just starting out, is the number of turrets the endgame players can make to defend themselves. Otherwise, noobs can raid alpha tribes and get tek in a day. This would absoluting destroy any semblence of balance that this game had. If you want to cut down on lag it needs to be done in a way that isnt going to make big tribes hate the game. Getting big is whats fun about the game and this update will make it very hard, you would have to have multiple bases to adjust to this low amount of turrets, which would defeat the purpose of using this to cut down on structure lag. Another problem, is is that with this low amount of turrets, tribes could wipe alpha bases with just a few brontos/stegos, when you take into account that tribes like mine have close to 20 raid stegos, and 30 paracers, this update is absurd. It looks to me like the devs looked for an easy way to solve the problem, instead of the RIGHT way to solve it. 

To those of you who say it makes the game more pvp, well so your saying it didn't take effort and thought to make the turrets? Grinding with intelligence building a base, full of turrets so you can keep your loot isn't pvp?  But then letting players easily raid your 100 count turrets with just copmplaining to the devs about lag and that raiding isnt fair is "more pvp" Well dang might as well complain to the devs about coming to to destroy a base is much more better. Seriously it takes time and thought to place turrets for god sakes and making sure they have everything they need. I though pvp was to do something better than another player and smarter I guess that's not the mindset for that

4 minutes ago, SIGMA said:

Getting big is whats fun about the game and this update will make it very hard, you would have to have multiple bases to adjust to this low amount of turrets, which would defeat the purpose of using this to cut down on structure lag.

I'm not a tech guy SIGMA, but I'm pretty sure the major issue is the large number of turrets concentrated in 1 area being interacted with all at once, not the total on the map (although that may have a lesser impact as well).

Just keep in mind that all bases (and tribes) large or small will have the same limitations.  Yes, it makes it harder for the little guy to defend against a large raiding force... but it also makes it easier for a little guy to raid a large base in return.

My initial thought is there may be additional tweaks necessary as things play out, we'll just have to see what happens after new meta's begin to be established.

For a game that requires a crazy amount of time and effort just to tame and raise things to come out with this update is crazy. How are 100 turrets supposed to protect my 13 day raised tames from 10 Brontos and 10 Stegos while I sleep? You must not play official if you feel this is balanced.And you didn’t even think about changing the health on tanks either? Lol gg , its been real

everyone else has already said anything  I wanted to say. but I just wanted to say that.

This patch will have a negative impact on the game.

I dont think that a limit on the auto turrent is something that should have ever been done. I am strongly against it. But since we are in this position, at least I'd say. if WC really wants to put this limit down. at least dont make it so tiny.. 100 auto turrents in 10k units is just.. nothing..  you cannot defend that range with that amount of turrents. also x plants shouldnt count they should either have a  different limit that only counts the x plants in range or well just make the god damn limit higher idk at least 300 turrents in 10k range. and that would still be too small.   there are just too many ways to soak turrents and the flak armor that players can make in the end game is just soo insane. that you can basicly survive for quite a long while with multiple turrents shooting at ya. and lets not forget the Stego bs. Raiders would have a huge advantage. Look somewhere else to fix the performances of the server. I know that getting 1/2 of the community to quit the game and making building up almost impossible will surely help the performances. but thats not a smart choice. this patch if not changed will surely ruin the gameplay.  making the game even more grindy (I never thought I could ever say this haha) and tiring. since raiders can really make your life hell sometimes already and it will be way easier to do that soon.

Archived