Turret change discussion megathread

Rancor

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

Never played PvP due to how many turrets are around and big tribes. Glad they implemented the change. I've seen videos of mega wars and I will say having 400 turrets is laggy af. Well done wc.

Never played pvp rofl. Anything you say about this topic is null and void due to that statement.

This will break the game far far worse than any flyer nerf or anything else they have changed. The only people who would support this are beach scrubs who should be playing pve.

I would much rather put up with a bit of extra lag than be offline wiped over and over.

3 minutes ago, DEazy513 said:

"claims will decrease server lag" yet PVE servers are still absolutely terrible with Lag... GG ark would rather ruin your player base than pay for a better server host. Last thing ill say about it. First comment proves my point.

Pve servers need alot of work besides turrets, also turret nerf shouldn't affect PvE servers too adversely.

6 hours ago, DEazy513 said:

"claims will decrease server lag" yet PVE servers are still absolutely terrible with Lag... GG ark would rather ruin your player base than pay for a better server host. Last thing ill say about it. First comment proves my point.

You realise PVE severs lag because since no can raid, players can endlessly add on to their base and endlessly tame dinos. Only recently was a cap on dinos brought in to try and reduce some of the lag. PVE players are entirely to blame for the state of their own servers.

• Wildcard Community
16 minutes ago, DEazy513 said:

The point is they're doing this to PvP servers because it will reduce the lag but PvE servers have just as much if not more lag and no turrets.

On the whole our PvP servers are actually showing as being more performance intensive than our PvE servers. There are situations where a PvE server can perform just as poorly, but those are outliers and exceptional situations in contrast to our performance intensive PvP servers.

13 hours ago, Rancor said:

Greetings survivors! 

In this last patch they implemented a turret counter to limit a certain number of turrets in an area... Not sure what the range is but i have a plant turret telling me I have 226/100 Turrets in what I consider a poorly defended base on Official PvP servers. 

With out nerfing TONS of tames HP or greatly increasing turret DPS ( Not sure the 20% will be enough )this will break the game. Players have Brontos,Stegos, Paracers, and Turtles that can easily soak up that many turrets or blow up the reduced number of turret towers. 

How does everyone else feel about the Turret limit for performance gains? And if you are okay with it what steps do you feel are needed to provide some balance?  

Yes this is crazy I raid a base with a 100 turrets with a steggo that has 25k health it's easy this has to be changed 

2 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

The players don't understand their own game at all obviously. They have things like 1000 turrets on a tower, 500 dinos in their tribe, 500 dinos in their alt tribes and somehow they think they get to complain about lag.

They need to remove veggie cakes, introduce like a 10X damage multiplier to dinos from turrets, consider removing armor on dinos, consider lowering dino health, balancing player armor.

dear devs, you have just killed PVP for all servers....100 turrets what a joke. one bronto or steggo easy off line raid hours of work building, farming all for nothing, and lets not for get most can just use a Riot shield and tank just with that soooo when this up date come out i am giving up on ark 7k+ hours for nothing

10 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

What is this "griefing" word meant to mean exactly?  You mean PVP right. Players engaging in PVP on PVP servers. That is what is meant to be happening.

No, PVP is player vs player, not offline raiding, killing passives and wiping people... That's griefing.

9 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

If you don't like people doing PVP to you and your base why are you on a PVP server? There seems to be a lot of this mentality in this thread - I want to play on a PVP server and not have to deal with PVP????? What is the point.

Ya just don't get it.

4 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Apparently your not meant to be able to raid on PVP servers or attack someone's precious base.

If you PVP other players your a "griefer"/ "troll" / "bad guy" / "evil".

ARK Logic 101 9_9

If everyone is calling you're behaviour griefing, your probably a griefer.

3 hours ago, Mjsechrest said:

So how much is wildcard paying for the propaganda you're spewing 

Lol... They wouldn't pay him... Well maybe to stop playing their game.

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Wrong. I've been playing Official PVP since a week after the game came out in 2015. I've never played on a PVE server in any capacity. 

If you met me on a server I'd probably tick all your "griefer" boxes: I kill KOS, I kill passive tames, I kill low level players and high level players, I don't necessarily raid for loot and I fight mostly on foot. At the end of the day I like fighting and doing PVP that's why I play this game.

I can recall how this game was back in 2015 before mega tribes and alliances were a thing. When it consisted mostly of tribes numbering 10 or less. The PVP was much more dynamic and free flowing and way more constant. The game is far less exciting these days but hopefully this patch changes things.

See... Griefer!

it makes sense for the lag reduction. but 100 turret? might as well delete em as they wouldnt do anthing against a 60K+ hp bronto pack... 20% buff, maybe more like 300% and armor penatration to compesante the lost without more lag. And maybe add a way to refill em easier because they will get soaked pretty fast as it is. Also, i think theres a bunch of other thing that needs to be fixed before that. like the ddos protection. ive been in raid with 2k turret. its nothing compared to a 20 pop server being ddos.

This said, its nice to know you are trying to make adjustement to the performance and it has to start somewhere.

28 minutes ago, Eli said:

On the whole our PvP servers are actually showing as being more performance intensive than our PvE servers. There are situations where a PvE server can perform just as poorly, but those are outliers and exceptional situations in contrast to our performance intensive PvP servers.

So Mr. Assistant Community Manager, Fun Fact, turrets shooting, bio turret motional animation + shooting clusters, rockets, and slot capped servers and tons of dinos fighting tend to have that effect. I mean let's be honest, you market a game for tribal warfare, base sieges and then take all the fun out of it, by reducing the capability for any of that in any large scale because it's hard on the servers? To further compound this, anyone can attack anyone from anywhere, so people need to be prepared, have the defenses, have the dinos to fight off an attack from any one of the hundreds of servers at any point in time. You made the game that way, and this is how the beast turns out when you have to contest with tens of thousands of other players on the Official Network. 

Maybe yall should remake it in 2d 8bit format, then your servers could probably run it smoothly if that's a concern.

Or maybe get betters Servers and Optimize the game code and graphics instead of pushing DLC and content post launch. Your playerbase is dipping into the lows of 20k concurrent users on most weekdays with highs of 40k, and barely scratching 60k on the weekends. Your playerbase is dwindling and your response is to push more delayed content and further nerf the game and bases to near undefendable points in the name of "Server Performance".

Well you'll get great server performance with 0/70 players online.

This is going to end PvP. The flyer nerf was bad but it could be dealt with but this....... and the fact that plants count towards the 100 turret count too is just stupid. What was even the point of making no tame limit? "Let's allow people with 100 brontos raid a base with 100 turrets". Well done devs, you are about to break the game to a extent that will push all your devoted players away.

Archived