Turret change discussion megathread

Rancor

4 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

i play pretty similiarly except i do it in a guerilla warfare style. i wear what i can take from people by killing them when they don't expect it :P  I'm that guy sniping your dinos for no reason. just like my namesake i show up and make your day miserable for no reason.

You sound like someone I could do business with. We are also guerrilla fighters with a minimal base setup. 

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

If you met me on a server I'd probably tick all your "griefer" boxes: I kill KOS, I kill passive tames, I kill low level players and high level players, I don't necessarily raid for loot and I fight mostly on foot.

This is exactly the playstyle all the salty wiped people on our servers used to play after they got wiped.

If you dont want to tame, breed, build, do bosses and do all the other awesome stuff this game offers then thats fine and up to you. But dont try to shove your playstyle down everyones throat every second post and pretend its the right way to play PvP.

From what you post in the movement speed thread with what you post here, all you want to do is being able to raid anyone with little to no effort. Theres big streamers out there that do real PvP pretty much all the time, and I didnt see them agree with these changes at all.

1 minute ago, BlueFox91 said:

This won't break the game. Like any other changes made to the game, you will need to change the way you play a bit to adjust to the changes.

Yep well said BlueFox91. The meta has changed and players need to adapt. Players never like changes but with time they see the benefits this patch will bring in the way of improved gameplay, balance and server performance. 

2 minutes ago, Jabroni said:

This is exactly the playstyle all the salty wiped people on our servers used to play after they got wiped.

If you dont want to tame, breed, build, do bosses and do all the other awesome stuff this game offers then thats fine and up to you. But dont try to shove your playstyle down everyones throat every second post and pretend its the right way to play PvP.

From what you post in the movement speed thread with what you post here, all you want to do is being able to raid anyone with little to no effort. Theres big streamers out there that do real PvP pretty much all the time, and I didnt see them agree with these changes at all.

You can't attack someone for defending their way of playing and then in the same post claim that full base warfare is the REAL way to pvp. Well i mean you can, but not if you don't want people like me calling you on it.

7 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Yep well said BlueFox91. The meta has changed and players need to adapt. Players never like changes but with time they see the benefits this patch will bring in the way of improved gameplay, balance and server performance. 

Balance ? xD 

Sorry sir but that change is not a balance in any way.

Even less for the smaller tribes who will get wiped if they have a single turret, or how they'll encounter a fob of 100 relocated turrets every 34 foundations.

3 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

You can't attack someone for defending their way of playing and then in the same post claim that full base warfare is the REAL way to pvp. Well i mean you can, but not if you don't want people like me calling you on it.

The big streamers I am on about dont just make full base warfare. They often join random servers and raid poorly build bases/caves on foot. Its all real PvP but you shouldnt limit it to only one of those.

12 minutes ago, Jabroni said:

You are right I have no interesting base building, taming or breeding. There are many ways to approach PVP in this game there is the boring way where you bring a Bronto to a base and sit on it for an hour and there is the fun way where you probe the base for vulnerabilities and take advantage of them.

Raiding on foot is actually rather difficult, far more so then using a dino and requires a level of skill and finesse that rules out most players. It is a bit of a specialized art, it requires a certain technical knowledge of how the game works and gameplay experience in how best to handle a given base/defensive layout.  

I also wouldn't rely on streamers for information, from what I have seen most of them are fairly average players with a big mouth and a lot of blind fan boys. 

1 minute ago, ForzaProiettile said:

You are right I have no interesting base building, taming or breeding. There are many ways to approach PVP in this game there is the boring way where you bring a Stego/Bronto to a base and sit on it for an hour and there is the fun way where you probe the base for vulnerabilities and take advantage of them.

Raiding on foot is actually rather difficult, far more so then using a dino and requires a level of skill and finesse that rules out most players. It is a bit of a specialized art, it requires a certain technical knowledge of how the game works and gameplay experience in how best to handle a given base/defensive layout. 

And I 100% agree with you on this one. Thats what I do and enjoy often too. But most people (me too) also want to be able to breed, tame, farm and so on, so they need a good defense.

But this change combined with the easy to raise tank Dinos will just make every base extremly weak. Only megatribes will be able to defend because they are the only ones having enough people online all the time to defend.

2 minutes ago, Jabroni said:

The big streamers I am on about dont just make full base warfare. They often join random servers and raid poorly build bases/caves on foot. Its all real PvP but you shouldnt limit it to only one of those.

I can't disagree with anything you said in this quote, but your previous one i originally answered inferred another poster was acting like salty players from your own server, drawing a negative connection between the two simply because you don't agree with their method of playing or their dislike of a specific method of base building.  You also claimed they were "shoving" their playstyle down other's throats when i saw nothing that indicated they were defending their stance any less fervently than anyone else.  I think you are drawing an incorrect conclusion from their posts if you believe what you posted.  You seem like a nice person, i'd hate to see you make such a mistake.

So many issues brought up that I feel muddle this issue, but at EOD, to me at least it's this: game already favors the prepared attacker in most situations (e.g. offline raiding), they are nerfing the living heck out of defenses (20% damage and 50% capacity is NOTHING compared to what's being taken), so that inbalance get's even greater. It doesn't matter whether it's done for performance, or whatever reason, it absolutely destroys any balance the game has between defender and attacker.

I get that they probably "feel like they have to" in order to make the game more performant, but there still should be a tool/way to offer some semblance of a defense against offline raids, or at least make them take long enough that there's a chance for the tribe to get on to defend themselves. Otherwise, what's the point of even playing official PvP unless you're a member of a tribe large enough that you've got people who can be on 24/7. We all know that's ideal, but it's not realistic for everyone.

For everyone cheering this on, I hope you're ready for what comes next. WC is slow, but not wholly stupid, I expect MASSIVE nerfs to all offensive dinos  and tools over the coming months in order to bring the game back closer to balance.

Archived