Turret change discussion megathread

Rancor

11 minutes ago, DarkEliteH2 said:

Think about this for a second, ladies and gents.

Everyones getting affected by this nerf. Everyone.

small bases/establishing bases will find it difficult to defend themselves with just 100 combined turrets.

...What about the mega-alphas that raid? Surely they have plants and turrets extending in to the thousands.

People that have wanted to raid them for vengeance/dominance will finally have a fighting chance.

....Just a thooooouuuught. ?

Yes as you say it will increase PVP and give smaller tribes a better shot at attacking the mega tribes.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

If worse comes to worse I can always whip out some cannons. In any case the effort to tame all those golems won't really be worth it.

golems have always been a great defense. cannons ? xD so easy to counter, plus you probably wouldnt have the 100k cannonballs necessary to make a difference.

i wish you saw the streams of server 203, how their entire raid got compromised by only 8 golems. after 2,5days of tanking fertis, golems took care of their attack.

1 hour ago, CptCannabis said:

Why can't wildcard ask for the community's opinion on such game changing things like this?if this actually goes through with the amount of backlash wildcard is going to get till December 5th I'll honestly believe wildcard stopped caring.

What did you think is the reason the majority of problems with Ark exist?

4 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

gonna have to agree with ilidrael on this one, golems are way more effective than turrets.  Yes they are a pain to tame, unless you have alot of experience at it.  I imagine a large tribe with the manpower could do this at a decent speed. Honestly they should be able to, they put the extra work in.

If players start spamming a lot of dino turrets in a small area then the lag will return in which case WC will implement a limit similar to turrets on how many dino turrets you can have in one particular area.

Just now, ForzaProiettile said:

If players start spamming a lot of dino turrets in a small area then the lag will return in which case WC will implement a limit similar to turrets on how many dino turrets you can have in one particular area.

i'll put that on my list of bridges to cross when i get to them :D

3 minutes ago, Himswurth said:

Just the news of this patch has already made players leave the game. I'm watching a community I've spent so long in die. This is really sad...

Oh rubbish. This is a welcome change that all players should embrace. Less laggy servers, more PVP, more raiding. ARK is about to become exciting once more.

1 minute ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Oh rubbish. This is a welcome change that all players should embrace. Less laggy servers, more PVP, more raiding. ARK is about to become exciting once more.

yes we are so full of joy there totally isnt petitions going around with thousands of signatures (even tho devs wont care)

5 minutes ago, Himswurth said:

Just the news of this patch has already made players leave the game. I'm watching a community I've spent so long in die. This is really sad...

just like the whole community cleared out when flyers were nerfed, or when turrets were removed from quetzals, or when you could not longer stack brontos on top of brontos.  it will be fine, trust me you don't want to be the guy people quote later on when things turn out ok like those people who predict the end of the world.

9 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The developers of this game often don't get a lot of love even though their game is the best strategic PVP game out there by many miles.

This new initiative to improve server performance by restraining over enthusiastic defensive players will not only improve server performance for all players on PVP servers but it will lead to a more exciting gameplay experience. A different meta which evolve away from the farm, build, build, build, build, build, build defensive meta that has dominated ARK for the last year. Less turrets means more opportunities to raid and more raiding means more PVP which is what should be happening on PVP servers which actually rarely happens these days,

I applaud the Devs for this bold move. This change ranks up there with the Flyer Balance Patch. Great changes that made the game better and more enjoyable for all.

First of all, I was on board with the flier nerf and before it happened I said fliers need to be nerfed... That made sense and was a good change... This turret change is terrible, PVE servers with no turrets lag just as hard sitting at 255ping.... This change will not eliminate ping, it might drop it from 255 down to 240 or 220 but it will not fix it.... This is just a "get rid of big bases" move and use "lag" as an excuse.... they are trying to change the game meta and using the lag as a scapegoat.

1 minute ago, Drinkinthepink said:

First of all, I was on board with the flier nerf and before it happened I said fliers need to be nerfed... That made sense and was a good change... This turret change is terrible, PVE servers with no turrets lag just as hard sitting at 255ping.... This change will not eliminate ping, it might drop it from 255 down to 240 or 220 but it will not fix it.... This is just a "get rid of big bases" move and use "lag" as an excuse.... they are trying to change the game meta and using the lag as a scapegoat.

The lag in PVE servers is more to do with dino hoarding and every player insisting on building colossal bases for their virtual ego. The lag affecting PVP servers is different although dino hoarding remains a problem with the mega tribes.

12 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The lag in PVE servers is more to do with dino hoarding and every player insisting on building colossal bases for their virtual ego. The lag affecting PVP servers is different although dino hoarding remains a problem with the mega tribes.

This PVP solution will NOT fix the lag, and you need to stop spamming "hail the mighty ark devs" because I think 25 of the last 170 posts in this thread were yours. Your arguments don't even make sense, you are posting for the sake of being relevant... My 2 posts in this thread were saying that a base with 100 turrets could be raided in 5minutes without a dino (that's not fun pvp) and that the new 'fix' would not fix the lag... You just mindlessly disagree with everyone.

Edit: also, please stop facepalming literally every post that doesn't agree with you Forza, its childish.

1 minute ago, Drinkinthepink said:

This PVP solution will NOT fix the lag, and you need to stop spamming "hail the mighty ark devs" because I think 25 of the last 170 posts in this thread were yours. Your arguments don't even make sense, you are posting for the sake of being relevant... My 2 posts in this thread were saying that a base with 100 turrets could be raided in 5minutes without a dino (that's not fun pvp) and that the new 'fix' would not fix the lag... You just mindlessly disagree with everyone.

hey don't forget my posts, i want to be relevant too.  I also agree with the changes

So is the map going to be split into lots of 36 foundation squares where each one can have 100 turrets in each or is it going to be a 36 foundation area from the first turret placed?  If it's the first one can someone from WC post a map of the areas,  and is building across the corner where 4 areas meet going to alow you to have 400 turrets on your Base?  

Archived