Turret change discussion megathread

Rancor

1 minute ago, Olivar said:

The whole point of assaulting a base, no?
Defenders focus on Stego's, turrets focus on the rest.

So any base that doesnt have people literally sitting in the base and watching it 24 hours 7 days a week can be raided in 5-10 minutes by a single guy with a stego and a stack of C4. Great balance.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jabroni said:

So any base that doesnt have people literally sitting in the base and watching it 24 hours 7 days a week can be raided in 5-10 minutes by a single guy with a stego and a stack of C4. Great balance.

Please come up with a system that allows people to be online whenever they want, engage in the PvP they want without upsetting those getting attacked.

Just now, Olivar said:

Please come up with a system that allows people to be online whenever they want, engage in the PvP they want without upsetting those getting attacked.

How about being able to build up a defense that takes time to go through? You know, kinda like it is right now? And not being able to be raided while going to the toilet for five minutes by pretty much no effort of the attacker side.

Just now, Jabroni said:

How about being able to build up a defense that takes time to go through? You know, kinda like it is right now? And not being able to be raided while going to the toilet for five minutes by pretty much no effort of the attacker side.

you mean the one where I drop in a few dino's to soak all bullets and happily walk past when you're out of ammo?

Just now, Jabroni said:

Yes, thats why they needed to BUFF defense. It would still take you hours and multiple soakers to go trough the defense of a bigger base that people put months of work into.

If you increase the output of the turrets, you're going to wind up with getting specific dino's being used only for raiding a base.
Simply to counter the increased turret damage, taking away the versatility that the game has the offer.
Something we've seen from past changes, not wanted by WC.

3 minutes ago, Olivar said:

taking away the versatility that the game has the offer.
Something we've seen from past changes, not wanted by WC.

With all respect, I dont even know what the hell you are talking about. If you cant see how "raid any base with 1 stego and a stack of C4" is broken and make people quit playing then I dont feel like its worth to discuss with you any further.

Just now, Jabroni said:

With all respect, I dont even know what the hell you are talking about. If you cant see how "raid any base with 1 stego and a stack of C4" is broken and make people quit playing then I dont feel like its worth to discuss with you any further.

Then don't

2 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Doesnt help with multiple stego drop. All attackers have to do is drop on top of turrets and blow a couple of C4s.

Doesn't the problem lie more then with the turrets being destroyable that "easy" or C4 being usable from the stego.
Don't get me wrong, I think the change on the turrets is drastic, and I'm not even sure that they thought of all possible balance issues.
But unless they revert the change it's coming in 2 weeks.

Just thinking out loud here : But reduce the functionality of the stego?
The stego's prime goal should be turret distraction/soaking so others can get closer?
So removing the ability to use weapons/explosives on top of the stego would mean others sill have to come close with stuff while the stego is soaking.

Its almost as if Wildcard expects each tribe to have members online 24/7 to defend the base. Sure better performance will make it easier to defend, BUT only 100 turrets in a 10k unit distance will greatly promote offline raiding. Also I really dont want to go around picking up 500 turrets that are at max ammo. It took me literally DAYS of playtime to load them up set them down change range etc. I actually just set up over 400 new crop plots last night spent 12 hours irl doing this and that was on 2x. 

Wildcard forever slapping dedicated players in the face. The game is SO time consuming yet they waste all of our time with nerfs such as this. 

Just now, Sharpshot879 said:

People moaning about how  mega tribes can wipe them immediately, the limit also applies to them so you can attack them back

Yeah let me bring my tribe of 5 guys up against a 60 man megatribe. Watch all our tankers get eaten by 20 guys on inprinted gigas. Nty defense is the only option against things like that for smaller tribes. (Literally only have 5 ppl in my tribe)

The next patch with the turret limit will end the game itself. 100 turrets can be breached by 1 or 2 stages and a base can be destroyed within 30 minutes if nobody is online. Devs how are people suppose to defend against a massive assault. On my youtube channel Acosta36 and my recent video of a mega alliance wiping a server shows that the attack went through at least 2000 turrets. how can 100 turrets every 60-70 foundations stop 300 people and 100's of soakers???? The game will be ruined by it we have at least 2000 turrets and species x in our front line and have been trying to add more because we know a full force raid can go through that easily. Any thoughts on this patch post here because this will just ruin the game 

3 hours ago, Olivar said:

Then don't

Doesn't the problem lie more then with the turrets being destroyable that "easy" or C4 being usable from the stego.
Don't get me wrong, I think the change on the turrets is drastic, and I'm not even sure that they thought of all possible balance issues.
But unless they revert the change it's coming in 2 weeks.

Just thinking out loud here : But reduce the functionality of the stego?
The stego's prime goal should be turret distraction/soaking so others can get closer?
So removing the ability to use weapons/explosives on top of the stego would mean others sill have to come close with stuff while the stego is soaking.

Paracer box ram into a wall put c4 down while in the box and walk away, rip all the turrets lol

Archived