minigun turret

HiImZech

1 hour ago, HiImZech said:

ok so I read the news and they are making changes to the minigun emplacement

we have almost 0 use for it in pve, so I wanna know in pvp was minigun turret never able to shoot down unmounted tames?

There was definitely issues hitting Pteradons before the Flyer Balance Patch, flying past at the speed of light which some people today still like to claim were "not at all unbalanced".

Yea, it was a change a while back. The Minigun has greatly increased ranged in comparision to the auto-turrets, so ppl were using it to slaughter dinos outside turret range no problem. They then changed it to mounted only, so it can be used in PvP to kill riders, and then you just peck the regular dino to death with your Quetzal. I think now the intent is to make it more of a "piloted" autoturret with the changes to autoturrets.

Current Minigun turret

will only damage ridden or aggro'd dinos, no friendly fire.  If enemy has a dino on neutral or if enemy is a wild, shoot it with a gun/bow to get its aggro, then minigun will do full damage for 20-30 seconds until dino de-aggros.  Minigun always does full damage to a player or a player ridden dino.  Range far exceeds auto turrets.  Same range as a longneck as best I can tell.  Insane DPS - 20k HP quetz with 72 armor saddle dies in under a minute.

New - Minigun will always deal full damage to any enemy within range.  Range reduced to 27 foundations, same as auto turrets.

Archived