Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????, Community Crunch 109 & ARK News!

Jatheish

9 hours ago, BigRad said:

lol wow this game has so many whiners. Toughen up youngsters.... its a survival game. Adapt or die.

They've only given you a puzzle piece for the new meta they are brewing up behind the scenes. What if s+ turrets make it to the game? Minigun auto turrets with double the dmg and quad DPS, tranq turrets, flame turrets that deal % dmg.... not saying they will be in the game, but IF so, the meta becomes more balanced.

And hey... check out unofficial... many servers are bad because they are ran by bad owners on slow machines like official servers with low cpu frequency, but some are truly great and they have great hardware that can handle the extra work of thousands of turrets. I know that I will be leaving most of my servers with the current meta and rebalancing the official turret rebalance if needed.

Cheer up, wipe those tears away!

10k units is about 64 foundations. Turrets on high is 27 foundations. Adapt to what? There will be so many spots they can walk up to your base. You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Unless they change the range (which they aren't) you're screwed. They made it impossible to be a small tribe now. So learn before you talk out of your ass. 

17 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

No it doesn't. All it means is some bases with 10,000 turrets all crammed together have to do some rethinking outside the box about how to organise their defence. It's a win for small tribes and its a win for medium tribes. It is only a loss for the very largest of tribes.

10k auto turrets? Then you can't place any structures if that base is that massive. Structure limit is about 10,500. So nobody would be able to build or c4 them. Learn to do research.

Also, before people say "oh you guys are being whiners." It comes to the fact auto turrets aren't causing lag. It comes down to structures causing lag, the tames wagging their tails. Rendering large bases or when people are logged onto their large bases. Oh it'll make it optimized because people will be getting wiped back and forth.

21 hours ago, Austyboy said:

To all the people whining that they can't gave 10,000+ auto turrets anymore. 

Welcome to a little thing called "adapt to your situation". Instead of whining and moaning and threatening to quit, learn to adapt to the situation at hand. You what counters an army of stegos? An army of Rexes, or even Allos if you know what you're doing. Turrets aren't the only base defence in the game, it's time to put on your big boy/girl pants and learn. I can think of at least 3 different counters for this without your precious turrets. 

1. Build in a place that's extremely hard to access, such as somewhere up high or somewhere with narrow entrances. This will make it virtually impossible for brontos or stegos to even get close enough to soak up your bullets, and the narrow or small fighting area would easily allow for stronger, trained rexes, allos, or even Carnos since more can fit, to destroy the enemy stegos and leave your turrets with plenty of bullets left. 

2. Dino army.  Simple as that. Don't know if you knew this, but Stegos are easily to kill if you don't rely solely on bullets. Did you know allos bleed completely annihilates tanky Dino's due to the nature of its damage? Did you know purlovias and Thylas can do massive damage with sneak attacks? Did you know bear traps everywhere is a good way to halt dino progress and make them easy pickings for your own Dino's? Seriously, learn to use what the game has given you. Bred Gigas will do the job just fine as well, just be careful with them. Heck, griffins and Wyverns too. Full imprinted wyverns have very nice damage output, and their DOT ignores armor as far as the fire breath and poison breath goes. Griffins can pick any survivors for easy killing, and their divebomb decimates enemy dinos if you implement it right. 

3. Gate stacking. You know what's harder to raid than a base surrounded by gates? A base surrounded by multiple layers of gates. Instead of grinding for all your precious turrets, grind out even more gates. When you enemy can't get through your gates because they've run out of explosives, the raid becomes easy. That, or they can't get into your base, leaving time for the aforementioned dino army to decimate their Dino army. Don't even just do this with gates, layer walls, make an extra layer or four around your base dedicated to traps, hidden Dino's (bats and megalania are beautiful for this, mega rabies and armor shredding, very fun combo. Arthopluera and troodons too.). It'll be hard to get inside, especially without spending thousands of resources and losing just as much as they gain. 

There are thousands of ways to adapt to this situation, you've just gotta be smarter than the average bear. Get creative, that's the point of a game like this much of the time after all. Learn, rather than complaining. 

Clearly you dont understand ark PvP 

23 hours ago, Austyboy said:

Welcome to a little thing called "adapt to your situation". Instead of whining and moaning and threatening to quit, learn to adapt to the situation at hand. You what counters an army of stegos? An army of Rexes, or even Allos if you know what you're doing. Turrets aren't the only base defence in the game, it's time to put on your big boy/girl pants and learn. I can think of at least 3 different counters for this without your precious turrets. 

1. Build in a place that's extremely hard to access, such as somewhere up high or somewhere with narrow entrances. This will make it virtually impossible for brontos or stegos to even get close enough to soak up your bullets, and the narrow or small fighting area would easily allow for stronger, trained rexes, allos, or even Carnos since more can fit, to destroy the enemy stegos and leave your turrets with plenty of bullets left. 

2. Dino army.  Simple as that. Don't know if you knew this, but Stegos are easily to kill if you don't rely solely on bullets. Did you know allos bleed completely annihilates tanky Dino's due to the nature of its damage? Did you know purlovias and Thylas can do massive damage with sneak attacks? Did you know bear traps everywhere is a good way to halt dino progress and make them easy pickings for your own Dino's? Seriously, learn to use what the game has given you. Bred Gigas will do the job just fine as well, just be careful with them. Heck, griffins and Wyverns too. Full imprinted wyverns have very nice damage output, and their DOT ignores armor as far as the fire breath and poison breath goes. Griffins can pick any survivors for easy killing, and their divebomb decimates enemy dinos if you implement it right. 

3. Gate stacking. You know what's harder to raid than a base surrounded by gates? A base surrounded by multiple layers of gates. Instead of grinding for all your precious turrets, grind out even more gates. When you enemy can't get through your gates because they've run out of explosives, the raid becomes easy. That, or they can't get into your base, leaving time for the aforementioned dino army to decimate their Dino army. Don't even just do this with gates, layer walls, make an extra layer or four around your base dedicated to traps, hidden Dino's (bats and megalania are beautiful for this, mega rabies and armor shredding, very fun combo. Arthopluera and troodons too.). It'll be hard to get inside, especially without spending thousands of resources and losing just as much as they gain. 

There are thousands of ways to adapt to this situation, you've just gotta be smarter than the average bear. Get creative, that's the point of a game like this much of the time after all. Learn, rather than complaining. 

You strike me as a PvE player. The cost of making C4s and rockets are less than building an actual base. There's a such thing as offline raiding. And you think having tames on neutral will help? All they have to do is kite them to where they can kill them above a cliff. 10k units that's 100 turrets within a radius of 67 foundations. Turrets on high shoot at 27 foundations. And if you say "spread them out" That leaves less room to defend. 2 C4 destroys a wall. So you lose more resources stacking walls than they would making c4 to get into your base. You make 4 walls thick, that's 100 metal that they can destroy with way less cost. Got a massive base? Too bad your autos can't cover the range to kill them. Oh, medium sized base? Well then you lose a lot of tames. You obviously don't know how PvP works. All they have to do is make a path way and they're in. 4 C4 charge for a metal behemoth gate. Go ahead, stack them and waste resources for your precious gates. 

• Like 1

wow all the whiners have never seen what the server code looks like... you can change a ton of things to rebalance a situation like this with the turrets. what if the turrets gained more health? what if they dealt more dmg? these two settings alone could make them more effective than the lag towers that are being built all over. 1000 turrets do 100 dmg each with 1000 hp each? why not 100 turrets do 1000 dmg each with 10000hp each? fkn little kids QQing all over this forum lolz... that was just an example to help you understand math and how its applied to the game settings. They've created something with a balance you're so fond of, why wouldn't you give the new and improved math a chance before all this QQQQQQQ we're leaving QQQQQQQ bologna? now on to the devs.... gah 2 weeks no custom loot drops, public s+ teleporters, bugs everywhere still, aberration launch mystery.... quit giving me a headache! and i may not ever forgive you if you take s+ off the community page and don't allow orionsun to deliver the juicy goodness that is s+ in its current state(save the current bugs).

• Haha 1

Reducing auto turrets won't help pve server issues, any fixes in the works for us PVE'ers? I've had to resort to playing private cause most weekends and peak times during the week EU-CENTER 200 is hitting 255 ping and we can't even open doors and dino AI gets super buggy

Please look into PVE server performance issues to help us out, thanks. :)

DILO!!!! The only effective defense there is against big multi server raids for alphas and you are removing it because you cannot fix your defective game? Do you even care. I guess not, as long as you dont have to dedicate time to a performance issue. Screw the alphas right? Yet another stupid step in attempting to put a band aid on a f*** stab wound. Just keep working an that DLC that you botched. Then fix your damn turrets. This is already a heavy offense side advantage game, way to make it worse you poopty devs.

2 hours ago, BigRad said:

wow all the whiners have never seen what the server code looks like... you can change a ton of things to rebalance a situation like this with the turrets. what if the turrets gained more health? what if they dealt more dmg? these two settings alone could make them more effective than the lag towers that are being built all over. 1000 turrets do 100 dmg each with 1000 hp each? why not 100 turrets do 1000 dmg each with 10000hp each? fkn little kids QQing all over this forum lolz... that was just an example to help you understand math and how its applied to the game settings. They've created something with a balance you're so fond of, why wouldn't you give the new and improved math a chance before all this QQQQQQQ we're leaving QQQQQQQ bologna? now on to the devs.... gah 2 weeks no custom loot drops, public s+ teleporters, bugs everywhere still, aberration launch mystery.... quit giving me a headache! and i may not ever forgive you if you take s+ off the community page and don't allow orionsun to deliver the juicy goodness that is s+ in its current state(save the current bugs).

It isn't just about damage it is about coverage area.  100 Turrets spread across 5 faces of a cube 64 foundations LWH is a very small amount of guns/PSX/Tek.  They are also giving Console players a whole week less to make the adjustment. 

The attacking tribe(s) have always had the advantage, now their advantage is even greater.    

Yes, when the defenses fire server performance drops.  I understand this, so does everyone else.  However, this only happens when the defenses fire!  Honestly, how often does that happen? 

The real drain on server lag is the thousands of dino animations moving all the time.  If they changed the animation loop and put in a delay, say the Bronto only swings its tale once every 3 minutes instead of constantly, would that not reduce the strain on the servers.  

Our base is pretty big, not huge, but big, if you take all the tames out of the base, there is no sluggishness, no lag.  However, when you start piling tames into a confined area the lag goes up.  

Point is, they are fixing something that isn't broken and the fix will cripple PvP

4 hours ago, BigRad said:

Again, max range 27 out of 67 foundations away. Lot of holes and areas to just get by. Obviously you're just a troll who doesn't know anything. Go QQ to your school for failing you

On 11/18/2017 at 11:43 AM, Lewiatan said:

What if someone placed lots of turret on a boat and moved to someone's base (thus hitting turret limit in that area)  and that would make the game to choose,  which turrets need to be shut down randomly? Have you thought about it Wildcard? 

I could imagine game shutting down turrets of attacked tribe. 

If they dont alter this im gonna abuse the raptor out of it, move to herb or carno, coat the outside in turret rafts that are allied to my tribe, also ark devs you guys gotta get your poop together, scrap aberation or at least put it on hold and optimize the game instead of doing this lazy bullpoop 

You guys for real with this turret change???? Do you actually play the game? Flying around the island two days ago west side towards snow when lag started to appear thought major base about to render in... You know what it was? A stone 3x2x 1 high NO TURRETS!!!! but 30 flipping STONE BEHEMOTH GATES!!!! The issue with lag is the damn gates refine them less detail not so bulky if its not the gates was it the 3000 turrets he had cloaked on the stone base???? If so wheres mine?. Go on a server place 300 turrets on a plato fly up see the lag then take them away and place 30 stone behemoth gates see whats worse!!!!

On 11/18/2017 at 7:20 AM, Irinian said:

I had hoped that for once they would make a good change but nope GG wildcard you've just made this a griefers wonderland now all i need to raid a megatribe base is a couple of turtles and some c4 or a couple of stego's because 100 turrets are crap

square box 100 turrets HMMMM 25 per wall think they will be draining with compys

On 11/18/2017 at 10:26 AM, Austyboy said:

This really only works if you happen to be online when you’re getting raided ( which rarely ever happens ). It also only works if you have a large tribe to do all of that grinding, taming and breeding. I play with my kid and he doesn’t do much so I rely heavily on my turrets for help. 

The Sad part is people are starting to make a petition to stop the turret change, ark was fine without it. Every pvp player expected lag when they went on a decent sized raid, so what lag is lag. And no adding things like a heavy turret or buffing dmg a bit will not stop the fact that any tribe that brings 5 plus brontos  can get in a base while the person is offline. The real issue was with all the under mapping that was happening not the lag. The only real lag issue was Ragnarok, on xbox I dont know for PC.  If you actually played your game then you would know. But whatever, if you want to lose have your community have at it there is no stopping you 

10 hours ago, Another123 said:

Again, max range 27 out of 67 foundations away. Lot of holes and areas to just get by. Obviously you're just a troll who doesn't know anything. Go QQ to your school for failing you

mr troll aka mr ark anonymous aka 123 the cancer of ark, just wanted to tell you that as with anything in ark, there's a bubble for almost every aoe... this is just a new aoe bubble to consider. just make a turret bubble around your base, then put more turret bubbles around that one and layer accordingly... new meta will probably be a lot of heavy turrets, some normal turrets since the heavy turrets may or may not track all hostiles and missles, but they're going to create a new meta that will be better. they made the meta nuts you're swinging from right now, just loosen your little baby monkey hand grip from those and swing on over to the new meta nuts, or just pop in to the unofficial servers where you can experience a very wide variety of metas.... probably including the exact old meta you're used to. heck if you want to donate to me i'll start up a server called classic meta ark on dec 5th just for you and your buddies so you can later ragequit from there for some invalid reasoning, too. hard to complain and be so determined to petition and cry about a lost game when you have all of these realities to face, but hey, to each his own :S

9 hours ago, BigRad said:

mr troll aka mr ark anonymous aka 123 the cancer of ark, just wanted to tell you that as with anything in ark, there's a bubble for almost every aoe... this is just a new aoe bubble to consider. just make a turret bubble around your base, then put more turret bubbles around that one and layer accordingly... new meta will probably be a lot of heavy turrets, some normal turrets since the heavy turrets may or may not track all hostiles and missles, but they're going to create a new meta that will be better. they made the meta nuts you're swinging from right now, just loosen your little baby monkey hand grip from those and swing on over to the new meta nuts, or just pop in to the unofficial servers where you can experience a very wide variety of metas.... probably including the exact old meta you're used to. heck if you want to donate to me i'll start up a server called classic meta ark on dec 5th just for you and your buddies so you can later ragequit from there for some invalid reasoning, too. hard to complain and be so determined to petition and cry about a lost game when you have all of these realities to face, but hey, to each his own :S

I'm not crying about a lost game. I'm giving facts. If stego plates or soaking tames aren't going to get nerfed, then the turret damage won't be enough to kill them. They'll walk up on stegos, strap a few C4 and blow into the area. Adding extra layers won't help much either. Look at the cost of making C4s and compare to the cost of layering a base. Sure you can have certain things like microraptors, but those only work to a certain degree. You're offline, what're they going to do? Troodons? Again, you're offline it's not going to help much. Sure put some bred gigas around, they'll get kited out and killed. Same with anything that bruises they'll just kite them out and either kill or drown them. They already made it where you have to space traps out and that in itself was pretty detrimental to me because of how I made designs. Once they start making you space out defenses, the harder it'll become. Also, maybe you're the cancer of ark  because you're a kid who uses the word cancer. You're total aids my dude.

I don't play PvP myself, since I spent about 15 minutes in an Official PvP server and saw the nonsense wherein people place down foundations to prevent resources from respawning. That said, I understand that I don't have a lot of room to offer my opinion on PvP gameplay. However....

The way the majority of the comments in this thread are composed, one would think that PvP is the only gamemode included in the game. (There's absolutely nothing wrong with people wanting to play PvE or roleplay, as long as they keep those things in their proper areas and don't force it on other players.) One of my favorite Youtubers plays PvE with his friends and he is currently my favorite poster of ARK videos. I hosted a dedicated PvE server so I could play with my friends without all the griefing; I intend to build a gaming PC so I can host a whole server cluster with those friends, and it will be PvE unless we decide to change that for some battle royale gameplay.

In my single player game, I have a base with the bare minimum number of dinos, with the exception of a pack of 7 Allos, a small herd of Uquus, and an 8-strong pack of wolves. (I don't collect every type of dino, and in some cases I don't even keep breeding/mate boost pairs.) I haven't even started breeding my dinos yet. My base is a 2-high wall with a house inside to keep out the worst of the local wild dinos. Yes, I'm currently a "beach noob", but only because I haven't motivated myself to move all my junk elsewhere yet....

In terms of electrical: I have 1 fridge, 7 A/C's and 2 generators. My base causes lag in singleplayer, and I don't have a single turret placed. So if this is what I'm facing in Unofficial Single Player settings, I can imagine the need for *some* form of render-control in PvP, where the number of players is much higher.