Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????, Community Crunch 109 & ARK News!

Jatheish

8 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Having 10,500 turrets (max structures in vicinity) won't cause lag. BUT, try to raid that many turrets, and all the ray-tracing to calculate position of target, all the collision test, all the vector calculations, etc, etc. IS waht is causing major performance drain on the servers. Nitrado has nothing to do with it. I did play on a Nitrado server for about a year and it always been fine. The only time ping were massively increased was when Chineses were connecting to the server. The net-code of the game is poor, and nitrado has nothing to do with it. Bring OC players on your NA server and check how the server ping double instantly. Anyways, not trying to argue with you because you are too emotionally invested in the subject so find yourself a punching bag or some stressing balls and have fun! ^_^

While limiting the amount of turrets, to increase server performance, they could add a turret settings that allows for instance set it to 3 and the turret will eat 3 bullets and deals 3 times the amount of damage. That way the operations required to shoot 3 bullets is 3 times less expensive for the server than what it used to be.

I'm EU player going over to NA. We have absolutely no increase what so ever in ping on the server. Server Ping is stable at 60-70.. This change will completely kill off everyone that isn't cheating or exploiting in ARK. Especially those who box their Quetzals (not OK in ARK Official Rules) but people do it for a raid, and remove it after and no one uses their real tribe name so reporting is therefore useless too. What will happen when this update hits is that people will come with 5 30-40K health Stegos, a boxed Quetzal and any base will go down. We've looked at getting more Rock Elementals, Dilos and Arthroplueras but they are too weak and unbalanced for this game. People have fab snipers at 285% dmg. They take out anything so quickly. And we had people trying to raid few days ago with Stegos, and the server didn't lag. ARK devs are focusing on wrong problems. Our Legacy have bases with maybe 5K turrets. Nothing ever lagged during raids.

33 minutes ago, Jungnur said:

Lol you've had this post for so long and now it looks like this might be necessary but they will probably not implement it in game

I never lose the Hope about this, really thinks that it could make things better, I was not thinking in performance when I do that post, but even now it makes more sense. Less turrets spaces give you more to think about what to put and where to put them.

Really never lose the Hope ("The hope" is yours, don't let them quit that from you) 

So finally I could think like a little boy but I also think that litlle kids are the best using their imagination cause them has not lose already the hope, they don't know limits because the limits only are in first place to be broken.

Regards and thanks.

2 hours ago, Austyboy said:

To all the people whining that they can't gave 10,000+ auto turrets anymore. 

Welcome to a little thing called "adapt to your situation". Instead of whining and moaning and threatening to quit, learn to adapt to the situation at hand. You what counters an army of stegos? An army of Rexes, or even Allos if you know what you're doing. Turrets aren't the only base defence in the game, it's time to put on your big boy/girl pants and learn. I can think of at least 3 different counters for this without your precious turrets. 

1. Build in a place that's extremely hard to access, such as somewhere up high or somewhere with narrow entrances. This will make it virtually impossible for brontos or stegos to even get close enough to soak up your bullets, and the narrow or small fighting area would easily allow for stronger, trained rexes, allos, or even Carnos since more can fit, to destroy the enemy stegos and leave your turrets with plenty of bullets left. 

2. Dino army.  Simple as that. Don't know if you knew this, but Stegos are easily to kill if you don't rely solely on bullets. Did you know allos bleed completely annihilates tanky Dino's due to the nature of its damage? Did you know purlovias and Thylas can do massive damage with sneak attacks? Did you know bear traps everywhere is a good way to halt dino progress and make them easy pickings for your own Dino's? Seriously, learn to use what the game has given you. Bred Gigas will do the job just fine as well, just be careful with them. Heck, griffins and Wyverns too. Full imprinted wyverns have very nice damage output, and their DOT ignores armor as far as the fire breath and poison breath goes. Griffins can pick any survivors for easy killing, and their divebomb decimates enemy dinos if you implement it right. 

3. Gate stacking. You know what's harder to raid than a base surrounded by gates? A base surrounded by multiple layers of gates. Instead of grinding for all your precious turrets, grind out even more gates. When you enemy can't get through your gates because they've run out of explosives, the raid becomes easy. That, or they can't get into your base, leaving time for the aforementioned dino army to decimate their Dino army. Don't even just do this with gates, layer walls, make an extra layer or four around your base dedicated to traps, hidden Dino's (bats and megalania are beautiful for this, mega rabies and armor shredding, very fun combo. Arthopluera and troodons too.). It'll be hard to get inside, especially without spending thousands of resources and losing just as much as they gain. 

There are thousands of ways to adapt to this situation, you've just gotta be smarter than the average bear. Get creative, that's the point of a game like this much of the time after all. Learn, rather than complaining. 

Well said. What we are seeing here is the same kind of nonsense people were spewing after the flyers were balanced. Boycotts to quit the game, hate for the devs, wild fictitious claims about ARK dieing and the world ending. A week after the patch is released you'll see things return to calm as people adjust and get on with the full time job of playing ARK.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, ForzaProiettile said:

Well said. What we are seeing here is the same kind of nonsense people were spewing after the flyers were balanced. Boycotts to quit the game, hate for the devs, wild fictitious claims about ARK dieing and the world ending. A week after the patch is released you'll see things return to calm as people adjust and get on with the full time job of playing ARK.

Except this actually does screw over anyone with a base 

8 minutes ago, Jungnur said:

Except this actually does screw over anyone with a base 

No it doesn't. All it means is some bases with 10,000 turrets all crammed together have to do some rethinking outside the box about how to organise their defence. It's a win for small tribes and its a win for medium tribes. It is only a loss for the very largest of tribes.

Edited by ForzaProiettile

this is turrets change if messed up way to much of a change. i think u need to redo this math because im going to leave Ark after this i have to change this building now by 100%  ,  on the plus i love how u tell us this now after the 8X we have when i made so much metal time does to build then u say no you cant do this toss all the resources u just found and re build. If u guys cant code to build big bases u better put that on the cover of the game. I can see this mite be needed for a console, but not for PC. . .  i can see many leave this game. u need to overlook at having defenses. 

@JatheishKnow you want to increase optimization but 100 turrets is limit per 10k and only a 20% damage increase? Can we get a visual of that before many start jumping to conclusions? Also, are you planning on letting Stegos stay as they are? People don't even have to drain turrets fully. Just have to provide cover for someone to place few c4 down and rip those turrets and all their bullets. Is that being looked into at the moment or calling it a day with nerf to amount of turrets? Don't forget about turrets to cover air as well. How's that affected by the 10k range?

• People should not be able to waltz up to a turret on a stego or platform build that allows them to just drop c4 and destroy turret defenses. Force turrets to be drained in order to advance. Has to be ways to negate that from happening.
  • Introduce bullets to take care of the platform dinos that pierce armor or damages based on CURRENT health or increase turret damage against tankier dinos.
  • Get rid of rocket suiciding

22 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

No it doesn't. All it means is some bases with 10,000 turrets all crammed together have to do some rethinking outside the box about how to organise their defence. It's a win for small tribes and its a win for medium tribes. It is only a loss for the very largest of tribes.

How does me wiping little tribe every day help them

I'm loving all the salt.  If you've got a tribe of 100 people and you rely on stacking towers of turrets to the sky, how the heck is that PVP?  That's ridiculously boring, and lazy.  Go out and actually fight people if you wanna claim to be such great PVPers.  Want to be an alpha/mega tribe?  You're gonna have to do more than farm bullets 24/7 now.

11 minutes ago, raydanjr said:

I'm loving all the salt.  If you've got a tribe of 100 people and you rely on stacking towers of turrets to the sky, how the heck is that PVP?  That's ridiculously boring, and lazy.  Go out and actually fight people if you wanna claim to be such great PVPers.  Want to be an alpha/mega tribe?  You're gonna have to do more than farm bullets 24/7 now.

What about 8 people with full time jobs does our progress bot matter

For all of you complaining about the turret nerf you can either have major lag or 700 turrets per base. I don't think you understand how many turrets are on an entire server. That's whats causing performance issues nothing can handle 2000+ turrets plus tons of dinos and other structures (walls, foundations, pillars, etc...) on a single server. Don't get me wrong Wild Card has issues as a developer (Mostly in delays.....smh) BUT they do whats best in the end..

lol wow this game has so many whiners. Toughen up youngsters.... its a survival game. Adapt or die.

They've only given you a puzzle piece for the new meta they are brewing up behind the scenes. What if s+ turrets make it to the game? Minigun auto turrets with double the dmg and quad DPS, tranq turrets, flame turrets that deal % dmg.... not saying they will be in the game, but IF so, the meta becomes more balanced.

And hey... check out unofficial... many servers are bad because they are ran by bad owners on slow machines like official servers with low cpu frequency, but some are truly great and they have great hardware that can handle the extra work of thousands of turrets. I know that I will be leaving most of my servers with the current meta and rebalancing the official turret rebalance if needed.

Cheer up, wipe those tears away!

Have you guys ever played pvp? like seriously 100 turrets thats actually so dumb.... Youve pretty much just ruined so much work on the new servers.... do you know how easy it is to get into a base with a 100 turrets like thats is sooo stupid i actually feel like your trolling its litterally just the dumbest poop ive ever heard... oh and if you want to optimise your bad game maybe change your poop rendering system...

IF THIS TURRET UPDATE COMES OUT I KNOW FOR A 100% FACT PVP SERVERS ARE DEAD NO ONE WILL BE PLAYING ANYMORE

I really hope that you guys rethink this, it will genuinely ruin the game, this would mean that i could raid nearly any base with a couple of stegos, before you guys do this, stop the swaying of dino’s and if that doesn’t fix the lag issue then i think this would be a decent patch, but not this low, in my opinion, i don’t think something as small as a turret lags a game too much, as i used to be server 10 alpha and currently play on a ragnarok i believe it is the servers, but if you could please test out by stopping the swaying and then if that doesn’t work, change the turret limit in 30 foundations to 200, if that doesn’t work 150, if that doesn’t work, you ultimately switch it to 100, but if after all of this nothing works, then you can really see that it’s the servers and not a turret issue, i really think that the sway will fix most of the lag, thank you for your time-_-

Greetings! My questions today are, will there be any large carnivores being added into the game sometime? Or is what we have it?

Will the Giganotosaurus be getting a new model or size decrease, as it has been nerfed multiple times and it would be a little silly for something that big and menacing to not be as powerful as it looks?

Last question, will the Leedsichthys be tameable? As I heard there were animations for failed and successful taming  in the dev kit.

Thanks and best of luck in developing

--Thomas

Edited by ThomasSarnari

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, MOSHfit said:

I wanted a digest. But most of all wanted to hear if primitive plus on console would ever be updated. Also will structures + be on console soon?

Primitive Plus is going to be getting some updates, there was a recent tweet that indicated this from Ced: 

There is no ETA yet for S+ for any platform whether it be PC, Xbox or PS4.