Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????, Community Crunch 109 & ARK News!

Jatheish

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, ooStuStu said:

can someone give me the definition of "10k Units" does that mean structures? Or is that some sort of measurement within the game?

No, it doesn't means 10k structures, this would be silly... 10k units in the 3D world. Which is probably the same range as the main structure limits (epic vicinity/render range).

6 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

No, it doesn't means 10k structures, this would be silly... 10k units in the 3D world. Which is probably the same range as the main structure limits (epic vicinity/render range).

Thanks for your answer ... i didn't think it was structures but was told it was and needed to find a better source .... so does anyone know how many foundations long one unit is?

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, ooStuStu said:

Thanks for your answer ... i didn't think it was structures but was told it was and needed to find a better source .... so does anyone know how many foundations long one unit is?

10,000 / 150 = 67 foundations

Edited by invincibleqc
  • Like 1

I want wildcard to watch a video of how pathetic their "20% buff" will be on 100 turrets against an offline titan raid. Wildcard if you dont also SEVERELY nerf the bullet soaking dinos (stegos, golems, brontos) and remove titans from pvp with the same patch then you are all sincerely mentally stunted.

• Like 1

To all the people whining that they can't gave 10,000+ auto turrets anymore. 

Welcome to a little thing called "adapt to your situation". Instead of whining and moaning and threatening to quit, learn to adapt to the situation at hand. You what counters an army of stegos? An army of Rexes, or even Allos if you know what you're doing. Turrets aren't the only base defence in the game, it's time to put on your big boy/girl pants and learn. I can think of at least 3 different counters for this without your precious turrets. 

1. Build in a place that's extremely hard to access, such as somewhere up high or somewhere with narrow entrances. This will make it virtually impossible for brontos or stegos to even get close enough to soak up your bullets, and the narrow or small fighting area would easily allow for stronger, trained rexes, allos, or even Carnos since more can fit, to destroy the enemy stegos and leave your turrets with plenty of bullets left. 

2. Dino army.  Simple as that. Don't know if you knew this, but Stegos are easily to kill if you don't rely solely on bullets. Did you know allos bleed completely annihilates tanky Dino's due to the nature of its damage? Did you know purlovias and Thylas can do massive damage with sneak attacks? Did you know bear traps everywhere is a good way to halt dino progress and make them easy pickings for your own Dino's? Seriously, learn to use what the game has given you. Bred Gigas will do the job just fine as well, just be careful with them. Heck, griffins and Wyverns too. Full imprinted wyverns have very nice damage output, and their DOT ignores armor as far as the fire breath and poison breath goes. Griffins can pick any survivors for easy killing, and their divebomb decimates enemy dinos if you implement it right. 

3. Gate stacking. You know what's harder to raid than a base surrounded by gates? A base surrounded by multiple layers of gates. Instead of grinding for all your precious turrets, grind out even more gates. When you enemy can't get through your gates because they've run out of explosives, the raid becomes easy. That, or they can't get into your base, leaving time for the aforementioned dino army to decimate their Dino army. Don't even just do this with gates, layer walls, make an extra layer or four around your base dedicated to traps, hidden Dino's (bats and megalania are beautiful for this, mega rabies and armor shredding, very fun combo. Arthopluera and troodons too.). It'll be hard to get inside, especially without spending thousands of resources and losing just as much as they gain. 

There are thousands of ways to adapt to this situation, you've just gotta be smarter than the average bear. Get creative, that's the point of a game like this much of the time after all. Learn, rather than complaining. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gamehowitzer said:

So you're telling me that wildcard still has no idea how to balance their game or fix important exploits? Tell me something new. They need to fix stego bombing before they decide to remove turrets, (which was a mistake that they implemented when they added target players) and before that they should fix all of the other glitches that have plagued their game since it was released to early access. Ever had your dinos flying upside down? That's existed forever. 100 turret limit is completely insufficient. Do you even know how this game is played???? Hell, Dinos still fall through the map sometimes, and items do as well sometimes. There are still places you can just get 100% stuck, in both caves and the overworld, and collision boxes for babies are still broken as well. Ever run into a a baby gigas tail? There are still caves where you can't walk cave tames through (direwolf/sabertooth) even though visually it looks like it should fit 100%. You need to quit giving us unrealistic release dates for dlc that we don't need and fix the base game wildcard. If by some miracle you do read this and take player feedback and use it to fix certain things in game, you need to look at pvp as a seperate game mode from pve and make changes accordingly. Everytime you add a new update, you break something else. A recent example would be the invisible phoenix bug. Do you even check the code you're writing? How do you break something unrelated to what you're changing??? If i didn't know better this turret patch will erase tames on turret mode as well. Your dino policy for glitched tames is BS and half of the time your GMs don't even show. Hell my post here is making me question why i even play your game. Oh that's right. Dinosaurs. Team wildcard, please, do a better job.

DAMS STRAIGHT this guy is right

atm we cant even place turret if we want to change the turret tower stupid wild card please take care when u update

100 turret is not enough for the 10k space whatever it meant my small base got 1000 turret + and that cant cover some part of the small base. 

Even the turret get 50 percecnt buff still the shotting DPS is still less because there is less turret which mean easier for people who goes in people house without tame. Now it will just make ARK so un balance.

Actually ask people who play PvP about their opinion first before doing somthing and getting poop reaction 

• Like 2

What if someone placed lots of turret on a boat and moved to someone's base (thus hitting turret limit in that area)  and that would make the game to choose,  which turrets need to be shut down randomly? Have you thought about it Wildcard? 

I could imagine game shutting down turrets of attacked tribe. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Austyboy said:

To all the people whining that they can't gave 10,000+ auto turrets anymore. 

Welcome to a little thing called "adapt to your situation". Instead of whining and moaning and threatening to quit, learn to adapt to the situation at hand. You what counters an army of stegos? An army of Rexes, or even Allos if you know what you're doing. Turrets aren't the only base defence in the game, it's time to put on your big boy/girl pants and learn. I can think of at least 3 different counters for this without your precious turrets. 

1. Build in a place that's extremely hard to access, such as somewhere up high or somewhere with narrow entrances. This will make it virtually impossible for brontos or stegos to even get close enough to soak up your bullets, and the narrow or small fighting area would easily allow for stronger, trained rexes, allos, or even Carnos since more can fit, to destroy the enemy stegos and leave your turrets with plenty of bullets left. 

2. Dino army.  Simple as that. Don't know if you knew this, but Stegos are easily to kill if you don't rely solely on bullets. Did you know allos bleed completely annihilates tanky Dino's due to the nature of its damage? Did you know purlovias and Thylas can do massive damage with sneak attacks? Did you know bear traps everywhere is a good way to halt dino progress and make them easy pickings for your own Dino's? Seriously, learn to use what the game has given you. Bred Gigas will do the job just fine as well, just be careful with them. Heck, griffins and Wyverns too. Full imprinted wyverns have very nice damage output, and their DOT ignores armor as far as the fire breath and poison breath goes. Griffins can pick any survivors for easy killing, and their divebomb decimates enemy dinos if you implement it right. 

3. Gate stacking. You know what's harder to raid than a base surrounded by gates? A base surrounded by multiple layers of gates. Instead of grinding for all your precious turrets, grind out even more gates. When you enemy can't get through your gates because they've run out of explosives, the raid becomes easy. That, or they can't get into your base, leaving time for the aforementioned dino army to decimate their Dino army. Don't even just do this with gates, layer walls, make an extra layer or four around your base dedicated to traps, hidden Dino's (bats and megalania are beautiful for this, mega rabies and armor shredding, very fun combo. Arthopluera and troodons too.). It'll be hard to get inside, especially without spending thousands of resources and losing just as much as they gain. 

There are thousands of ways to adapt to this situation, you've just gotta be smarter than the average bear. Get creative, that's the point of a game like this much of the time after all. Learn, rather than complaining. 

Obviously you don't understand how PvP works in this game, but that's ok all you pve players can stay in your bubble of safety without ever experiencing a tribe with 8 dozen soaking dinos. They would have to buff the damage 50x to even try to viable and that may not even work, my stego with it's mc saddles take 1 damage per hit and has 45k hp so even with the 20% boos I'll be able to drain 100 turrets in about 20 min with no issue

beyond stupid. i thought WC had an inkling of what was wrong with the fundamentals but as it turns out, they are clueless. progression through grind is one thing but when you can't protect it offline is another. anyone with handful of hours on pvp knows a tribe of 10-20 gets steamrolled within an hour or 2. that's because those guys can't be online 24/7, and when your enemy goes through battlelog, he'll see the downtimes and when to strike. you, allowing 70 member tribes and 10 alliances, are pissing on the beach bobs that look at your so-pve-roleplay promo video and decide to give it a shot. reality is a horror story. a single stego can allahu akbar through those 100 turrets and blow a hole to the base (because half of those would be covering the other side of the base xD). doesnt even have to be a stego. wyvern has enough hp to drop stegos safely. similarly a griff can divebomb under your dinos and be hidden from turret sight. i mean even paracers are already updo 70k hp in the new "cluster". imagine what those would do against 100 turrets. if you prioritize on paracers, then your roof will be open for business. 

basically, everyone should claim caves. fewer access points means you can concentrate your turrets again. will also result to undermeshing for which you have no counter and no protection by WC. your base will be gone within minutes in that 6x zone and a "cheating report" will take weeks to go through. no refund, no rollback. pathetic how much is wrong with this game. i assume WC watched the stream videos and thought this would counter the days if not week long raids. in that respect, yes, it does affect the result. the turd in your coffee is that rates would have to be 5x for people to not just lose it. 

anyways, gl WC. i will be eagerly checking your player count :D. i expect abomination to be hot stuff for a month or two and in 6 months the game to be rejected by the majority of your fans.