Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????, Community Crunch 109 & ARK News!

Jatheish

55 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

People cries because servers are laggy and unstable. They gather data and see that turrets are being overused and are draining performance. They makes adjustment. They also warn players and give them 2-3 weeks to revisit their defense. People are still crying. Conclusion, crybabies gonna cry and will never be happy no matter what. 9_9

Did you miss the part where they said they were buffing their damage and amount of slot? So basically, you are gonna deals more damage per bullet meaning that you will have to grind less for same amount of damage dealt... do you like to grind bullets that much? How about you grind them for everyone?

You don't know what you are talking about. I hope you know that. I understand you will never understand how to defend a base since you're probably a PVE/ Roleplayer. But let me tell you. If you have a main base, you're on a OFFICIAL PVP server without ORP, you go to sleep, and come back day after and a single guy has raided you, and killed all your dinos you have spent weeks after weeks breeding using just 10 Stegos, or 3-5 Brontos. 100 Turrets with 20% buff equals 120 turrets. People have ~1000+ turrets today because META, big alliances invade your server and you have no chance to defend your server.

For next time you're trying to be smart, try Official PVP on servers without ORP before talking bullpoop. And when CC Army, BLDX or Evil Empire comes invading your server where you have a base within a certain range with 100 turrets, you will get foundation wiped, no matter how many players defending.

*And excuse the language, this update pisses off everyone who have spent thousands of hours into Official PVP so I may use extremely more negative words because of that. Blame ARK devs if you feel offended.

Edited by nipe
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

How about we not implement this update. You obviously haven't even played your own game because if you did you would know how dangerous of a mistake this update will be. The only way to compensate for the lack of turrets that can be set up would be to up the damage by 75%, on a real time game logic level. They stack turrets like that because they don't want ONE stego or ONE bronto clearing out their 1000s of hours work out in a few minutes, relatively. Now you just cater to beach noobs and trolls, and you'll have a dead game faster than you realize.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nipe said:

You don't know what you are talking about. I hope you know that. I understand you will never understand how to defend a base since you're probably a PVE/ Roleplayer. But let me tell you. If you have a main base, you're on a OFFICIAL PVP server without ORP, you go to sleep, and come back day after and a single guy has raided you, and killed all your dinos you have spent weeks after weeks breeding using just 10 Stegos, or 3-5 Brontos. 100 Turrets with 20% buff equals 120 turrets. People have ~1000+ turrets today because META, big alliances invade your server and you have no chance to defend your server.

For next time you're trying to be smart, try Official PVP on servers without ORP before talking bullpoop. And when CC Army, BLDX or Evil Empire comes invading your server where you have a base within a certain range with 100 turrets, you will get foundation wiped, no matter how many players defending.

People are crying? Test the distance and then tell me that I'm crying. Come back when you can't build up because you're constantly getting wiped or you can't even find a large enough area to build. You'll also have to grind for more turrets and ammo because of how spread out they'll be (I'm talking about that PvE person by the way)

Edited by Another123
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Obbu said:

My question to the devs is:

These turret changes make bases easier to raid, overall - the resources/effort that goes into raiding a base is already vastly less than the amount put into building it. Are there efforts being put into play to make raiding harder and balance this out?

They don't think things out like this very well. I'd say most likely no but hey lets see if they give you an answer.

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, nipe said:

*And excuse the language, this update pisses off everyone who have spent thousands of hours into Official PVP so I may use extremely more negative words because of that. Blame ARK devs if you feel offended.

I had my share of official PvP, and it was the worst experience I ever had. The reality is, that no matter how many turrets you have, if any tribe want to raid you they will do so. Offline raiding require no skills, and they could drain out your 1000 turrets before you wake up. If you don't have tribemates to cover the clock you won't lasts long no matters the amount of turrets you have because sinking them is a joke. Actually, the only thing preventing them from raiding you atm with you 1000 turrets is probably the lags they are causing when they try to penetrate your defense. xD

PS: I'm not offended, cannot recall someone on the internet were ever able to offend me. ;)

i know that you are trying to fix the lag and i think that lowering the amount of turrets is a good idea BUT did you even try to balance it ? when people are raiding with raised brontos with op saddles and there is 10s of them. how do you think 100 turrets will stop them.         you should :

1. decrease the hp of the soakers by a lot.

2. make it so you can only have a certain amount of saddles be alowed to use outside your base area, so you can have them where your base is but when you are attacking you can t bring so many of them at once.

3. increase the turret dmg to dinos but not to players ( by a lot 20 % isn t enough ) if they have armor on.

4. make saddles only protects dinos from taking dmg from ather dinos and not protect them against turret dmg.

5. make C4 not as op. so you need way more of it to break a wall. atherwise people will be able to raid you so easily or make it so you can only place 3 C4 at a time and make it like 7 C4 to break a wall.

If you see this Wild Card pls try to balance the stuff out atherwise pvp players will leave.

Edited by ARKgamer1

29 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I had my share of official PvP, and it was the worst experience I ever had. The reality is, that no matter how many turrets you have, if any tribe want to raid you they will do so. Offline raiding require no skills, and they could drain out your 1000 turrets before you wake up. If you don't have tribemates to cover the clock you won't lasts long no matters the amount of turrets you have because sinking them is a joke. Actually, the only thing preventing them from raiding you atm with you 1000 turrets is probably the lags they are causing when they try to penetrate your defense. xD

PS: I'm not offended, cannot recall someone on the internet were ever able to offend me. ;)

I've never gotten wiped on my experience on Official PVP. Alpha Tribe since 2015 after first wipe, and then Alpha Tribe/ Alliance since last wipe this year. We have region-based players, US, EU and Asia. All covered 24/7. People work, people sleep, people have fun, people just comes back to re-grind after wipes of Official. It's amazing and you don't understand a bit of it from what I understand. We have no lags on our server, and we have 1300 turrets on our ONLY main base. We have one big base and that's it. The change that should come is instead to limit bases per server. Limit tribe bases to 3. Currently, on the lagging servers, especially on Ragnarok with 255 ping, people in the same tribe build everywhere and they build big structures reaching structure limit all over. We learned from that when we started on TheIsland, and only have one base, and we have server ping at MAX 70. No lag at all, and we have no complaints from other tribes on our server about lag either. Conclusion: The servers there is problem on is Nitrado-hosted servers in mostly EU, Asia and OC. NA servers are fine for the most part.

Edited by nipe

How do we rework bases before balance???

Did you consider an upgrade system for turrets? So 1 turrets can equal 5 or even 10 turrets? 20% is a joke.

Just put a turret into another turrets inventory and it "combines" them for 2x damage and higher capacity and rate of fire. Idk... Something. And do it before you flip the switch because we're stuck right now.

Edited by Pallist
  • Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, nipe said:

I've never gotten wiped on my experience on Official PVP. Alpha Tribe since 2015 after first wipe, and then Alpha Tribe/ Alliance since last wipe this year. We have region-based players, US, EU and Asia. All covered 24/7. People work, people sleep, people have fun, people just comes back to re-grind after wipes of Official. It's amazing and you don't understand a bit of it from what I understand. We have no lags on our server, and we have 1300 turrets on our ONLY main base. We have one big base and that's it. The change that should come is instead to limit bases per server. Limit tribe bases to 3. Currently, on the lagging servers, especially on Ragnarok with 255 ping, people in the same tribe build everywhere and they build big structures reaching structure limit all over. We learned from that when we started on TheIsland, and only have one base, and we have server ping at MAX 70. No lag at all, and we have no complaints from other tribes on our server about lag either. Conclusion: The servers there is problem on is Nitrado-hosted servers in mostly EU, Asia and OC. NA servers are fine for the most part.

Having 10,500 turrets (max structures in vicinity) won't cause lag. BUT, try to raid that many turrets, and all the ray-tracing to calculate position of target, all the collision test, all the vector calculations, etc, etc. IS waht is causing major performance drain on the servers. Nitrado has nothing to do with it. I did play on a Nitrado server for about a year and it always been fine. The only time ping were massively increased was when Chineses were connecting to the server. The net-code of the game is poor, and nitrado has nothing to do with it. Bring OC players on your NA server and check how the server ping double instantly. Anyways, not trying to argue with you because you are too emotionally invested in the subject so find yourself a punching bag or some stressing balls and have fun! ^_^

While limiting the amount of turrets, to increase server performance, they could add a turret settings that allows for instance set it to 3 and the turret will eat 3 bullets and deals 3 times the amount of damage. That way the operations required to shoot 3 bullets is 3 times less expensive for the server than what it used to be.

Edited by invincibleqc
  • Like 1

Are u trying to kill official pvp servers? 100 turrets its like 0. On these meta u can ez tank them w few good stego and what every mega tribe will be wiped. If u want make these game full pve then u on correct way/ But if u want make good pvp game try to talk to players before doing staff like these

Edited by rollerbob

Just one thing, if this change should really apply, that will ruin your game. I really like the concept of your game, but there are so many bugs and the game is so unoptimized. Just program something that the turrets don't cause that much lag, like don't calcuate every single turret but a cluster of turrets that shoot one dino for example would help. You always fix what your coding causes (in this case: many turrets -> lag -> reduce turrets) but don't just fix your coding.

I really enjoy that game so please don't ruin it. Soakers will be way too strong, just imagine a stego ^^ one stego + cakes and a base of the alpha is raided.

I am starting to think those idiots in Wildcard have sawdust in their heads instead of a real brain like srsly ? 100 turrets limit? how the raptor are we supposed to protect our bases against tribes with 1000000000 brontos rexies paracers this is totally stupid instead of reducing turrets you could try to make sure you will get better hardware for servers on the old servers there was never such a big problem with ping as it is now on the new servers 1/ WC doesnt give a raptor about players they do streams and all the poop and never care what ppl actually want from them all they do is releasing more and more DLC to drain money from ppl game has some serious technical issues if you totally raptor up instead of talking to ppl and issuing official statements you just play dead. then you come up with a bullpoop like this and you dont give a raptor again ofc you are greedy to get a better server hardwae so you say hey lets reduce turret limit ppl will get raided on pvp servers by hundreds but who cares right WE ARE WILDCARD just wanted to let you know I already refunded my DLC Aberration and my entire tribe is going to do the same which is 29 ppl GJ wildcardyou managed to make a greatest raptor of all in the ark history oh one more flaw on your side YOU ARE raptorING ALWAYS LATE NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY OR PROMISE 

Excuse my language but this time it was waaay over the line thank you.

2 hours ago, ToffyNaNa said:

Not sure if any of the devs will read this but worth a shot! 

Do you guys (Wildcard) plan on releasing an updated collectors dossier? Like, that includes all the creatures in DLC’s such as SE and Ab? Even if you release one AFTER all upcoming DLC’s with new creatures? Thanks! 

In the "collector's edition without game" thread it was mentioned, that maybe, after all dlcs are released, there *might* be dossiers from those dlcs too.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Weiss said:

In the "collector's edition without game" thread it was mentioned, that maybe, after all dlcs are released, there *might* be dossiers from those dlcs too.

Was in the last digest:

Survivor 5avageOne asks, “Will there be a art book for scorched earth creatures and aberration creatures + griffin in the future?”

Perhaps after the third Expansion, if all goes well :)

• Thanks 1