Done and Moving On: For my traders

JetJaguar

Hi folks! Some of you know me from my passionate posts on here regarding Ark game issues, others from trades, others from well, seeing posts on the Steam forums from 2015 when the game first appeared. After losing my toon 10/26 on a Rag server due to a roll back, I had to make a new one, schedule an appointment with a GM, and have the character restored to level 94 on 11/9. Nearly 2 weeks after the incident that was well out of my control. Upon getting the levels and my tribe back, I was dismayed to realize I lost all my worked for imprints, all the items I had on me that day of the rollback, etc. Also finding out the server I play on hit tamed dino cap (Surprise!)

Needless to say my interest in the game has sunk completely. Anyone whos traded with me or plays on my server knows my base is surrounded by behemoth gates and is in an area in the snow as such that I need to build on pillars. Same spot I lived in the beta before it was even snow, same spot in the official release servers. The dino pen I keep all my dinos stored in, is on pillars that are taller then a bronto. Nothing gets into the behemoth gate area unless a stray wolf spawns. And nothing can literally spawn way up in the air in my enclosed dino pen. Or so I thought.

My intention today was to follow up on a few trades lingering for people so with the 2x event, why not get it done? Logging in today and going from my house over to the dino pen to get a bird, I find some of the egg layer dinos, albeit, crappy ones, dying to a Giganto. A Giganto that works like Harry Houdini, spawning in an enclosed dino pen, way up in the air on pillars, in a spot where gigantos have never spawned during my entire time playing the game. I calmly walked back to the house and logged out.

Sure I can wait for it to despawn, try luring it out, etc but that was the last straw for me with the game. I am extremely excited with the upcoming announced WoW xpac and feel like my time and money has run its course with Ark. I absolutely enjoyed the game and way more then my money's worth. But its time to move on. I want to apologize to any lingering trades I had going but I'm not going to worry myself or get frustrated over the constant drama and issues Ark seems to generate. I wish everyone well Ive worked with in the past and hope you keep on enjoying what the game can potentially offer!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived