Let's real talk about 2x

anubis3691

Just now, anubis3691 said:

2x the excitement for aberration that is. Anyone experiencing this event?? What's the first thing you think you're going to do when aberration releases?? Are you taking your main character over?? Or start a new one??

I'm going to take main character to arberation as it will be quicker to level a new character on my old server than to start from scratch on a new map. 

First thing I will do is spawn in the easy area and start blocking passageways and placing pillars so only my tribe and alliance can build or leave the spawn areas. If you don't get there first someone else will do it anyway,  how is a cave map with no flyers even supposed to work?  ye we have glider suits and climbing gear but you spawn naked and have to build that stuff so if where you spawn is foundationed and gated your out of luck to try and make anything to escape that area.

Just now, SmokeyB said:

I'm going to take main character to arberation as it will be quicker to level a new character on my old server than to start from scratch on a new map. 

First thing I will do is spawn in the easy area and start blocking passageways and placing pillars so only my tribe and alliance can build or leave the spawn areas. If you don't get there first someone else will do it anyway,  how is a cave map with no flyers even supposed to work?  ye we have glider suits and climbing gear but you spawn naked and have to build that stuff so if where you spawn is foundationed and gated your out of luck to try and make anything to escape that area.

The sad part is I'm not even annoyed that this is your plan because clearly you know just as I do that if you don't do it first and do it fast, someone else will. It is just a race as to who can get there first to block everyting

• 2 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Scrysis said:

Going to start a new server.  Then my two friends and myself will start from scratch.  I'm wondering if I should look into doing command-line ascension since I have everyone start from nothing.

If you are an early players, I would recommend you to start over legitimately. The game has so much more to offer/encounter now for new players than it used to have in the past. With all the new creatures roaming around, all the new mechanics, etc. you guys will definitely not have the same experience you had when there was only Dilos and Raptor to fear. Trust me - you will have a blast. ;)

10 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

If you are an early players, I would recommend you to start over legitimately. The game has so much more to offer/encounter now for new players than it used to have in the past. With all the new creatures roaming around, all the new mechanics, etc. you guys will definitely not have the same experience you had when there was only Dilos and Raptor to fear. Trust me - you will have a blast. ;)

Not new players.  We have thousands of hours logged in Ark together.  I just like remaking the maps, so we start from scratch. . . a lot. . . .  :-)

I intend to start from the very beginning on a LAN world with just a few friends, it’s more fun that way. I’m gonna go through the whole thing slowly and take the time to build a beautiful house in each biome, and play with my bulbdogs. At some point, I plan to find a friendly unofficial server and be a Robin Hood-esque character, stealing from large tribes and giving to naked noobs at the spawn points (with an alter ego of a taming assistant for hire who will prepare 50 percent of the resources needed to tame something, potentially 100 percent of my client somehow convinced me. If the client belongs to a big enough tribe that isn’t being friendly to others, I will steal from them and give the spoils to beach bobs) HYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPEEEE!!!!!!!

EDIT: To give a scale of how hyped I am, I legit had a dream last night where due to a bug, aberration was released early and I got to play it, and it was really fun. It easily ranks in the top 10 best dreams I’ve ever had. I have to admit, this is partially because I haven’t even had 10 really good dreams I can remember, as I don’t dream much. But if I’m excited enough for something that my subconscious actually thinks up a dream about it, it’s about as hyped as I can get for something. Two weeks left, hang in there guys! #aberrationhype

Archived