Annoying stuff about Ragnarok map

RxBilly

Well here is one:

Running my own unofficial server and i kind of wish the devs would remove that freaking barrier ..

Reason :

Every week i need to ghost my self thru the barrier so i can place some teleporters (they do decay after 7 days) for folks to be able travel there reason why running Pugnacia mod and once all the bosses are killed on the playable side most of them spawn pass the barrier... ( Go figure)

Folks are like " Admin pls help no bosses on the map, we used the S+ transmitter to scan and they are all on the other side .... Helppppppp "

Barrier has to go

3 hours ago, Danouk said:

Maybe play another map? It's not all finish so you have to wait. Why should they remove it just for you to use a specific mod. Play on another map until it's completly done. Really?  Lol

Lol?

its official newest map ( The island and Centre not mny folks want to play on them ) and its not about specific mod its the game in general all dinos spawn there why spawn on the other side when there is a barrier there.. Lets say you played with no mods just vanila and high lvl quetz's spawn there but you cant get to it .. Do you see where im going with this..

Why not just remove the barrier in a first place..

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, RxBilly said:

Lol?

its official newest map ( The island and Centre not mny folks want to play on them ) and its not about specific mod its the game in general all dinos spawn there why spawn on the other side when there is a barrier there.. Lets say you played with no mods just vanila and high lvl quetz's spawn there but you cant get to it .. Do you see where im going with this..

Why not just remove the barrier in a first place..

Or, you can just learn about the map settings and add this to your GameUserSettings.ini

[Ragnarok]
EnableDevelopmentZones=true

Now, the wall is still there, but they can pass through it.  I do it on my Ragnarok servers, no fuss, no muss.

Just remember to warn your users that anything the build near or on the other side of that barrier can go poof with the next map update.

12 minutes ago, Kraken said:

The barrier is there because the devs didn't want people to build in undeveloped areas and potentially have their work destroyed when those areas get updated. If you want to remove the barrier on your own server, the option is there for you to do so as Jerryn has said.

KK thanks..

One more thing and how im supposed to do that one xbox one and ps4 server consoles since there is a like 60 % of player based there .. Please do answer both of you if possible.

28 minutes ago, RxBilly said:

KK thanks..

One more thing and how im supposed to do that one xbox one and ps4 server consoles since there is a like 60 % of player based there .. Please do answer both of you if possible.

You don't. But then, there is no real need to. They don't have the mods that spawn bosses there. Just wait for the map to be done on a console or use the glitch that gets you over the wall.

57 minutes ago, LegionD35 said:

You don't. But then, there is no real need to. They don't have the mods that spawn bosses there. Just wait for the map to be done on a console or use the glitch that gets you over the wall.

Yes they dont have mods and bosses to worry about .. but if you were to read my second post such as vanila dinos they do spawn over there.. here is an example on vanila settings :

any given time on a server there is 3-5 questz and maybe 3 - 4 gigas and if that number is present new ones wont spawn at all .. So eventually as folks tame them that number of quetzs and giga will be spawned on the other side of the barrier so now u end up with none on the playable side .. ( I know this well cause couple of my friends run such servers) this also happens on the official servers too..

So not to beat around the bush its really annoying heaving that barrier there ( I know the pc's are the master race but lets think about the little guys for a change ) 

Now do you see why i brought this point forward.

Any suggestions besides the top of the barrier glitch which i think it has been patched according to some xbox players..

Guest UNST3RBLICH

I thought this was going to be an actual B&M thread, not a necessity to explain why there's a barrier in place to block of parts of the map that...you know....haven't been fully developed and could be changed at any time without warning. Seemed obvious.

Archived